PDA

View Full Version : Cash Poor - These Candidates Should Quit

Cowlesy
10-03-2007, 09:17 AM
John Fout writes some positive notes about Ron Paul in this piece, and thinks Hunter/Brownback/Tancredo should get back to work in D.C.

http://www.thestreet.com/s/cash-poor-these-candidates-should-quit/markets/marketfeatures/10382389.html

kylejack
10-03-2007, 09:24 AM
They should go spend more time with Andrew Card's kids.

Badger Paul
10-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Just rememeber folks what you're doing of your time, talent and treasure, is far beyond any other campaign at this point, especially on the GOP side. Are there any Tancredo supporters posting signs across town? Are their any Brownback supporters handing out leaflets at football games or flying airplan banners above stadiums?

No just us. We stay in because we have the money and we have grassroots support. To me the GOP field should be cut down to six serious candidates.

Unfortunatly wishing doesn't make it so. Remember what Duncnan Hunter's camapaign manager siad after finishing in near last place in the Iowa Straw Poll? "Our camapaign's just begun."

Famous last words.

tfelice
10-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I hope these guys stay in as long as possible. The bottom tier candidates aren't taking votes away from Dr. Paul, they are taking them away from Rudy McRomneyson

Primbs
10-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Now is the time to really engage our friends and family to look at Ron Paul and support him.

Paulitician
10-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I hope these guys stay in as long as possible. The bottom tier candidates aren't taking votes away from Dr. Paul, they are taking them away from Rudy McRomneyson
Get real. They aren't taking votes from anybody. I'd much rather them drop out because a lot of their supporters would come to the Paul campaign.

dsentell
10-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Get real. They aren't taking votes from anybody. I'd much rather them drop out because a lot of their supporters would come to the Paul campaign.

I agree!

Second_Tier_My_Ass
10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Plus RP would get way more time in the rest of the debates.

I would LOVE to see a debate with only RP, Romney, Giuliani, McCain and maybe Huckabee. They would have to give RP more time to speak. It would be blatantly obvious if they kept ignoring him if there were only 5 people on stage.

Personally I think Huckabee and McCain should also drop out. How awesome would it be to have a debate with only Paul, Romney and Giuliani? Each of them would get to answer every question, and RP would blow them away every time.

Syren123
10-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Personally I think Huckabee and McCain should also drop out. How awesome would it be to have a debate with only Paul, Romney and Giuliani? Each of them would get to answer every question, and RP would blow them away every time.

That would certainly separate the fish from the fowl, the wheat from the chaff, the men from the boys.

ConstitutionGal
10-03-2007, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=Personally I think Huckabee and McCain should also drop out. How awesome would it be to have a debate with only Paul, Romney and Giuliani? Each of them would get to answer every question, and RP would blow them away every time.[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting Fred......get rid of Ghouliani too...there's NO way the Republican base is actually going to vote for him the primaries

DrNoZone
10-03-2007, 02:52 PM
I want Huckabee to drop out, then all of those Values Voter people will have to support Ron Paul, or eat their own words! They said they would rally support behind whoever their delegates said won the debate, and Paul came in 2nd to the Huckster.

USPatriot36
10-03-2007, 02:54 PM
They aren't taking votes away from anyone. They do take up airtime in the debates though. And they make it harder for people to see that there are only two Choices. Ron Paul and Fred McRomRudy

Second_Tier_My_Ass
10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
You're forgetting Fred......get rid of Ghouliani too...there's NO way the Republican base is actually going to vote for him the primaries

I didn't forget him. I simply don't think he's worth mentioning. I don't take his candidacy seriously at all. There was tons of hype right before he officially started running. That's the only reason why anyone knows of him. He sucks at debating. He didn't raise all that much money for a supposed first tier candidate. He doesn't have any real chance of doing anything of significance. Etc. I guess the same could be said of Romney or Giuliani, but at least both of them have been in it the entire time and take it seriously.

But you're right about Giuliani. That guy scares the shit out of me. Not because I think he'll win, because he won't. But just the thought sends chills down my spine.

Syren123
10-03-2007, 03:30 PM
I want Huckabee to drop out, then all of those Values Voter people will have to support Ron Paul, or eat their own words! They said they would rally support behind whoever their delegates said won the debate, and Paul came in 2nd to the Huckster.

Hey...what happened to all those folks? They can't scrape together better than one million dollars?! Frickin' PITIFUL. There's a lot of wailing and not as much check writing.