PDA

View Full Version : Sarah the Maverick flip flops on global warming

sofia
11-26-2009, 12:00 PM
When speaking to conservatives, she says she doesnt believe in man made Global Warming...

PALIN ON LIMBAUGH RADIO SHOW:

It’s kind of tough to figure out with the shady science right now, what are we supposed to be doing right now with our climate. Are we warming or are we cooling? I don’t think Americans are even told anymore if it’s global warming or just climate change. And I don’t attribute all the changes to man’s activities. I think that this is, in a lot of respects, cyclical and the earth does cool and it warms.

But on other occassionas, such as when she was speaking before Obama's Interior Secratary Ken Salazar....she sounds like Al Gore.....

PALIN TO KEN SALAZAR*******************************

I would like to start with the statement that you (Salazar) made following your confirmation, "A national energy policy that includes conservation, expanded renewable sources and wise, responsible use of conventional fuels such as coal, oil and natural gas will create jobs here in America, protect our national security by reducing America’s dangerous dependence on foreign oil, and confront the dangers of global warming. (DOI, 2009)"

I completely concur with your statement and want to emphasize its importance.

"Some would have you delay exploration and development in the federal offshore of Alaska over concerns related to global warming and its effects in the Arctic. First of all let me make it clear that the State of Alaska understands the effects of climate change in the cryosphere. We Alaskans are living with the changes that you are observing in Washington. The dramatic decreases in the extent of summer sea ice, increased coastal erosion, melting of permafrost, decrease in alpine glaciers and overall ecosystem changes are very real to us.

This represents a relatively conventional opinion, not one commonly associated with mavericks. She continues on that vein:

Many believe that in order to mitigate these long term and systematic changes it will require a national and global effort to decrease the release of human produced greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. However, simply waiting for low carbon emitting renewable capacity to be large enough will mean that it will be too late to meet the mitigation goals for reducing CO2 that will be required under most credible climate change models, including the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) modeled scenarios.
http://scienceblogs.com/islandofdoubt/2009/04/sarah_palin_global_warming_con.php

RM918
11-26-2009, 04:34 PM
The Republican Obama, until there's some evidence to the contrary.

Liberty Star
11-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Her record shows that she's a political prostiture ; her political creer if she has one or media worship will fade with her looks. She's pro life now but it was leaked few days ago that she had considered killing her baby (after conception) at one point but decided against it.