PDA

View Full Version : Full Page Founding Fathers Color Ad In New Hampshire

max
10-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Great News guys!

The fundraising for the Founding Fathers New Hampshire is off to such a fast start, and other websites are picking it up......so I believe we can pull off something even bigger and bolder....

How about a FULL PAGE - ON A SUNDAY- IN COLOR.... In the entire circulation of the New Hampshire Union Leader..

This will raise some eyebrows if we pull it off....and might even generate additional free media coverage...

The cost is $6,700...With a full page, I'll have room to include Aravoth's you tube videos as well..."Ron Paul Stop Dreaming" and Ron Paul Human Events.

We can run the Lord Xar's latest version. If you havent seen it, t's really breathtaking!

The Union Leader will ad whatever disclaimers they need to. Here's an earlier version but the latest one is even better.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16701

Please.....keep donating, and keep circulating to other groups! This ad will have NH buzzing...If we come up short, we can always fall back on inserts..but I think we can do this....I have a committment from a local businessman to pitch in as well.

http://www.chipin.com/contribute/id/90f874c7788416bc

hopeforamerica
10-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Just chipped in! NH is so important right now. Make sure to get EVERYONE registered as Ronpublican asap!!

Ridiculous
10-03-2007, 09:39 AM
The only thing that I don't like about the founders ad is where it says "we the founders support Ron Paul" Although it is obvious to Ron Paul's supporters that Paul's platform is the closest to theirs, they are dead, they can't endorse anyone. I think that your undecided voter reading an add that says that the founders support a candidate might find it a little presumptuous.

I know I am nitpicking here, but I don't like that line. It should be replaced with something along the line of "Ron Paul's voting record shows that he stands for the ideals of the founders more than any other candidate"

LibertyEagle
10-03-2007, 09:42 AM
When are you planning on running this Ad?

If we are thinking it is going to help us convince Democrats to crossover so that they can vote for Dr. Paul in the Republican primary, it is going to need to be run several days in advance of 10-12.

Ozwest
10-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Normally I would disagree, as bang for buck usually decreases relative to investment vs. print size. This ad deserves full page as it is so outstanding. Go for it!

Ozwest
10-03-2007, 09:51 AM
When are you planning on running this Ad?

If we are thinking it is going to help us convince Democrats to crossover so that they can vote for Dr. Paul in the Republican primary, it is going to need to be run several days in advance of 10-12.

Agreed. Time for a total BLITZ.

hopeforamerica
10-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Agreed. Time for a total BLITZ.

they'll need money asap then! chip in!

wgadget
10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
The only thing that I don't like about the founders ad is where it says "we the founders support Ron Paul" Although it is obvious to Ron Paul's supporters that Paul's platform is the closest to theirs, they are dead, they can't endorse anyone. I think that your undecided voter reading an add that says that the founders support a candidate might find it a little presumptuous.

I know I am nitpicking here, but I don't like that line. It should be replaced with something along the line of "Ron Paul's voting record shows that he stands for the ideals of the founders more than any other candidate"

I agree with Ridiculous.

I've heard others (including my husband) say that the premise of the ad is kind of facetious, since the founders are dead. Someone has also compared it with those "God" commercials, speaking from God's point of view....I think a re-wording would make it all the more credible and impressive.

Ridiculous
10-03-2007, 10:31 AM
I agree with Ridiculous.

I've heard others (including my husband) say that the premise of the ad is kind of facetious, since the founders are dead. Someone has also compared it with those "God" commercials, speaking from God's point of view....I think a re-wording would make it all the more credible and impressive.

There are way better ads than that could be run for the money they are going to spend. The one that kind of mirrors the slim jim text would be great.

I was being kind the ad comes across as very presumptuous and facetious.

Ozwest
10-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Believe me I am. X Yank now Aussie, Have ways and means of helping Ron directly. Pass info my way as how to donate to this forum direct when I am expired. Have run a small business (8-12 employees) for years and never borrowed or used credit cards much to the disconsternation of my accountant and bank. Have recently been forced to get a debit card because car hire, pre booked accomodation, concert tickets, etc. are hassles without one... Show me the way I can donate by a card directly and philosophically without Homeland Security involvement or FCC or FEC (whatever) ... Government, beaurocracies, and protected species should seek gainful employment. No time for malingerers.

Cindy
10-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Out of curiousity, why isn't this going out before Oct 12th and letting the readers know about the closed primary date and that they have to get registered Republican to vote for Paul by Oct 12th?

max
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Out of curiousity, why isn't this going out before Oct 12th and letting the readers know about the closed primary date and that they have to get registered Republican to vote for Paul by Oct 12th?

just not enough time......Besides, it's expecting a bit much for a single ad to just cause Democrats to rush out and register within a few days..

But there are enough libertarian Republicans and Independents in NH to win if we get the word out,...

Remember, pat Buchanan won this state against Dole's machine....and he didnt need Democrat crossover

LibertyEagle
10-03-2007, 07:15 PM
bump

max
10-03-2007, 09:46 PM
we.re 25% there!... plus the $1000 pledge i have my business contact!

we can do this...keep chipping in and we'll have a full page color ad in New Hampshire real soon!

http://newhampshire.chipin.com/new-hampshire-inserts

work2win
10-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Can we get a mod to lock those other two threads? We need to keep this on track and in one thread.

Any progress on the changes/updates? Do we have any deadlines for changes to the flyer? The back looks real good. It seems the issues are with the front. I'll try to sum up the suggestions again:

1. Change font and size of "Ron Paul Revolution" at the bottom. This must stand out and be easy to read. Current font is hard to read.
2. Remove "As a service to America...." line from the top
3. change "babies" to "children"
4. size bump to the body text for easier reading?
5. (big one) Change the tone/style of the flyer from "we warned you" to something like: "they warned us." This is a fairly big change, but I agree with previous comments that the current tone seems lecturing.

We need to keep moving forward with this one way or another.

work2win
10-04-2007, 12:14 AM
The flyer:

http://www.unitedforliberty.com/assets/frontside.jpg

http://www.unitedforliberty.com/assets/backside.jpg

Pizza God
10-04-2007, 12:16 AM
hey guys, I have a recommendation.

I spend over 50k per year in advertising my pizza shop.

The insert is the BEST way to go. People don't read the adds in the paper, but the insert will fall out and might even be kept.

I deal with the Dallas Morning News for most of my advertising. I pay about 50 dollars per thousand for a 11x16 2 sided 4 color insert hitting every home in my delivery zip code. They do the printing. Now to get that price we print over 100k and run the add over a 3 month period.

I don't know if they have mailings in NH, but it would not hurt to check those out. My add hits 16,502 addresses, only 2,741 are subscribers, the rest are mailed.

Lord Xar
10-04-2007, 12:25 AM
I tend to think "inserts are the way to go too", as you get much more real-estate (if two-sided)... someone said something about the newspaper having to print the inserts, which sounds fishy to me.... why?....

anyways.. I would compare pricing of each avenue and the amount of info available to each...

ronpaulyourmom
10-04-2007, 12:28 AM
I've just never been a fan of the founding fathers thing. Stick to the portrait flyer. Go for inserts with less circulation if you have to. That's my advice.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 03:21 AM
I think this 2-sided flyer will really work in New Hampshire, with the edits already suggested.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 03:22 AM
I tend to think "inserts are the way to go too", as you get much more real-estate (if two-sided)... someone said something about the newspaper having to print the inserts, which sounds fishy to me.... why?....

anyways.. I would compare pricing of each avenue and the amount of info available to each...

I agree. I think this should be looked into further.