PDA

View Full Version : Mortimer Zuckerman's NY Daily News: exclude Ron Paul from Debates

Zydeco
10-03-2007, 09:08 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/10/03/2007-10-03_too_many_talkers.html

In this NY Daily News article (NYDN is owned by statist Mortimer Zuckerman, and is the 6th-largest paper in the country), charmingly titled "Too Many Talkers," the unsigned editorial urges the GOP to exclude which candidate from the debates? Only one...Ron Paul.

Not Tancredo, not Brownback, not Hunter, not Alan Keyes, who Paul is ahead of by every metric. Just Ron Paul.

This lays bare the true function of the press in this country: not to objectively inform the public, but to mold public opinion in ways that are acceptable to the ruling oligarchs.

Can't have "too many talkers" saying the wrong things, can we Mort?

Chester Copperpot
10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/10/03/2007-10-03_too_many_talkers.html

In this NY Daily News article (NYDN is owned by statist Mortimer Zuckerman, and is the 6th-largest paper in the country), charmingly titled "Too Many Talkers," the unsigned editorial urges the GOP to exclude which candidate from the debates? Only one...Ron Paul.

Not Tancredo, not Brownback, not Hunter, not Alan Keyes, who Paul is ahead of by every metric. Just Ron Paul.

This lays bare the true function of the press in this country: not to objectively inform the public, but to mold public opinion in ways that are acceptable to the ruling oligarchs.

Can't have "too many talkers" saying the wrong things, can we Mort?

I didnt see anything in that story mention excluding Ron Paul from debates.. just said "we;re looking at you"

kylejack
10-03-2007, 09:11 AM
This doesn't even make sense! The article says that FUNDRAISING REPORTS are the reason that it should be winnowed down. Ron Paul is a fundraising superstar this quarter!

kylejack
10-03-2007, 09:12 AM
I didnt see anything in that story mention excluding Ron Paul from debates.. just said "we;re looking at you"

The latest presidential campaign fund-raising reports are coming in, and they demonstrate conclusively that it's time to narrow who gets to participate in debates.

[...]

Don't even let us get started on the Republican Party. Yes, Ron Paul, we're looking at you.

tekkierich
10-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Anyone know where I can find gift wrapped crow to someone? I will DONATE money to that cause.

Ninja Homer
10-03-2007, 09:14 AM
The latest presidential campaign fund-raising reports are coming in, and they demonstrate conclusively that it's time to narrow who gets to participate in debates.

[...]

Don't even let us get started on the Republican Party. Yes, Ron Paul, we're looking at you.

That doesn't even make sense.

Chester Copperpot
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
ok I see your point... Its anti Ron Paul no doubt.. I was just looking for that exact sentence and didnt find it... yeah Liberty scares a statist.

Ozwest
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
I didn't realize that poor excuse for bum whipe was the 6th largest toilet paper roll in the country. Can't wait until I have my next Vindaloo.

kylejack
10-03-2007, 09:21 AM
In your recent editorial at http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/10/03/2007-10-03_too_many_talkers.html you stated that Q3 fund-raising numbers indicate that the debate field should be winnowed down, and give examples of poor fund-raising performance by Democrats that you feel shouldn't stay in the debates for this reason.

Then you off-handedly mention Ron Paul as if he's in the same category. Ron Paul raised at least $3 million for Q3, which is more than Dodd and Biden, (who were not on your undesirables list for the Democrats) and certainly more than Huckabee, Brownback and Tancredo, and in the same ball-park as John McCain.

What gives?,
signed

Chester Copperpot
10-03-2007, 09:22 AM
good

Zydeco
10-03-2007, 09:32 AM
The title, "Too Many Talkers," is about as statist as you can get. It's not far off from "Snitches get Stitches"

TooConservative
10-03-2007, 09:35 AM
He's a total liberal tool.

He doesn't even have the brains to be a proper neocon type.

Trust fund baby. He thinks owning a media outlet makes his opinion important. And far more obnoxious than the average New Yorker.

Zydeco
10-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, agreed. I've often wondered how well some of these media writers would do on a digg-style open media market, without the imprimatur of some big news outlet stamped on their words.

Jonah Goldberg I've always thought is one writer who'd be culled from the pack pretty quick. He's terribly untalented.

Ulf5
10-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I am disappointed that the Daily News editorial page has decided to start attacking the one Republican candidate offering more than just "four more years":Congressman Ron Paul. Congressman Paul's message of peace, limited government and prosperity is starting to take hold. In the third quarter, the Paul campaign raised over five million dollars, more than twice what was raised in the previous quarter. Perhaps it's some of the Congressman's neoconservative rivals the Daily
News should be looking at to "get off the stage".

Signed,

Ulf5
10-04-2007, 08:48 AM
The Daily News didn't publish any letters to the editor about Ron Paul, and didn't even cover the fact that he raised $5M+ last quarter.