PDA

View Full Version : Obama seeking 17% emissions cut.

sofia
11-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Cliamtegate came and went.......nothing will come out of it , thanks in large measure to the GOP's silence on the scandal (some exceptions)

this is a job killer...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34147586/ns/us_news-environment

paulitics
11-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Cliamtegate came and went.......nothing will come out of it , thanks in large measure to the GOP's silence on the scandal (some exceptions)

this is a job killer...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34147586/ns/us_news-environment

They know this, and that is why it will be sold as a jobs creator. Most bills do the opposite of what the ostensible goal is.

As Nancy Pelosi rejoiced " JOB, JOBS, JOBS".

Dieseler
11-25-2009, 09:48 PM
I was talking to a guy at lunch today who told me something about cap and trade requiring homes to meet some sort of qualification, I guess like energy star, but requiring a license, before you could put it on the market to sell.
Any one else heard anything like this or read anything?

Edit: Sorry if that's too far off the topic, I just blurted it out here before I thought about it.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-25-2009, 09:57 PM
I was talking to a guy at lunch today who told me something about cap and trade requiring homes to meet some sort of qualification, I guess like energy star, but requiring a license, before you could put it on the market to sell.
Any one else heard anything like this or read anything?

Edit: Sorry if that's too far off the topic, I just blurted it out here before I thought about it.

This is true. Another possible future reason why we don't have private property. Let's see.....people believe they have private property yet we have:

- Eminent Domain
- Property Taxation and confiscatory measures if you fail to pay that tax
- Inheritence Tax
- Death Tax
- Building code mandates (They can throw you out of your domicile because they deem it unlivable, like living in the woods is any better)
- Have to comply to regulations to run a business

How anyone can believe they have private property is hilarious! At best you could say we are slaves to what our masters let us do, and they can take it away at a moments notice. How is this what this country was envisioned as in the Declaration of Independance?

Dieseler
11-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Have you read that somewhere or maybe have a link to it?

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Have you read that somewhere or maybe have a link to it?

It's in the bill. I remember reading it, and remember especially that part. You could probably check a .gov site for the actual bill. Sorry, can't be more specific.

Dieseler
11-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks.

andrewh817
11-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Obama seeking 17% emissions cut.

Next in the headlines........ Obama seeking 17% energy tax increase!

ctiger2
11-26-2009, 07:20 PM
17% would be easy. Just have the entire Federal Govt. (save for Ron Paul) stop breathing. Problem solved.

hillbilly123069
11-26-2009, 10:29 PM
He isn't seeking.He's promising.A lot of downplay on the climate meeting.This worries me