PDA

View Full Version : A ‘RINO’ On The Ouster Of Matt Collins

RonPaulFanInGA
11-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Rod Williams implores (http://adisgruntledrepublican.blogspot.com/2009/11/on-ousting-of-matt-collins.html) Ron Paul Republicans to stay in the GOP despite what happened to their leader:

To all the libertarian minded Republicans and Ron Paul supporters who are hurt or offended that Matt was ousted from the Executive Committee: Matt was not removed because of his libertarian leaning or his support for Ron Paul; he was removed because he acted like a jerk. Don’t give up on the Party. Don’t walk away. Stay involved. I believe that most Republicans welcome the energy and growth that the libertarian leaning Republicans are bringing to the Party. I believe most Republicans are not interested in shrinking the Party and purging people but in enlarging the party and welcoming people. Matt was not ousted because he was the lone voice standing up for principles and the constitution; he was ousted because of his behavior. A Libertarian leaning Republican with normal social skills would be welcome in the party.

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/25/a-rino-on-the-ouster-of-matt-collins/

LittleLightShining
11-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Why is this person a RINO?

JK/SEA
11-25-2009, 02:11 PM
define 'jerk'.

and what does 'normal' mean in this context.

''A Libertarian leaning Republican with normal social skills would be welcome in the party.''

I'll take passion and substance sprinkled with integrity any day of the year, as compared to zombie-esk parrots that control the party now.

torchbearer
11-25-2009, 02:35 PM
nope. no participation without central committee representation.

dannno
11-25-2009, 04:47 PM
''A Libertarian leaning Republican with normal social skills would be welcome in the party.''

Ya, and keep quiet, sit in the back and keep your opinions to yourself :rolleyes:

I'll take passion and substance sprinkled with integrity any day of the year, as compared to zombie-esk parrots that control the party now.

+1

jmdrake
11-25-2009, 05:52 PM
My response to this blog.

Hello Rod. You were not in the room. I was. Your "assumption" of what happened is not accurate. Out of respect for the confidentiality of the proceedings I won't go into those details. I will say this much. Had one of the 11 county chairmen that nominated Dede Scozafava in NY district 23 taken a stronger stance BEFORE she was picked there might not be a democrat in that seat now. There are at least two sides to every story and sometimes even more. If you want to hear the other side why not simply ask instead of making assumptions?

Regards,

John M. Drake

EndDaFed
11-26-2009, 07:28 AM
Don't waste your time with a party that has done everything in it's power to marginalize Ron Paul and his supporters. Don't you guys remember what happened at the RNC? It time to give up the goat on the parties and join the Free State Project.

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Don't waste your time with a party that has done everything in it's power to marginalize Ron Paul and his supporters. Don't you guys remember what happened at the RNC? It time to give up the goat on the parties and join the Free State Project.Well the idea was to do an FSP style maneuver on the GOP. ;)

TCE
11-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Don't waste your time with a party that has done everything in it's power to marginalize Ron Paul and his supporters. Don't you guys remember what happened at the RNC? It time to give up the goat on the parties and join the Free State Project.

Unfortunately, we can't all pick up and move to New Hampshire. I would love to, and I hope one day I'll be able to, but right now it is just not feasible. The only choice I have is to get out there and try and get local candidates elected that believe what I believe. The party out of power is always the best way to go, because they will look for any way to get back into power. Reasons to use the GOP:

* Ron Paul only wins because he runs as a Republican.
* Ron Paul would have gotten 1/100th of the coverage in '07/'08 had he run as anything but a Republican.
* Rand Paul would stand no chance right now as an Independent.
* Adam Kokesh would not be taken seriously if he wasn't running as a Republican.
Etc. etc.

FSP-Rebel
11-26-2009, 01:26 PM
To those that can make the move now, I implore you to do so. You'll be amazed at how much more effective you'll be up here. When voting for your state rep, you'll only be going up against 1600ish other people rather than tens or hundreds of thousands. Plus, you'll be part of a movement that will make history. I moved from Michigan and I have more freedom here across the board plus there are so many activists here (per capita, the most in the world) and more coming in every week. Plus, more and more natives are being energized for liberty everyday, so we have a 2-pronged attack going on here. The Project is still in its infancy so keep an eye on our progress and see for yourself how effective this FSP thing will be. Get here before the next prez primary and you'll have more say on how the primary season starts out. The next election will be critical to what direction America takes, the time is now.

Matt Collins
11-27-2009, 12:27 AM
I have responded to this blog at the above URL.

Imperial
11-27-2009, 12:42 AM
I don't know what happened behind closed doors, but except for the assumption made I thought that was a fairly reasonable blog post.