PDA

View Full Version : Beck ticking off the hawks!!!!!!!

AuH20
11-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Read the comments!!!! Beck is completely right!!! Stop spinning the wheels and end the conflict as soon as possible or bring them home. And if this is going to be policy from here on out, why even re-enlist? It's a waste of your time and possibly your life!! The same lolly gagging occurred in Nam to the detriment of thousands of lives.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/11/25/video-beck-discourages-re-enlistment-under-obama/comment-page-1/#comments

paulpwns
11-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Wait people listen to Beck?

Cowlesy
11-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Merle Haggard asked a great question once, "Where's all the freedom, that we're fighting for?"

AuH20
11-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Read some of this vitriol from the flag drapers:

I can not make up my mind if Glenn Beck is just flat out stupid, cowardly, or anti American. Olberman, Matthews and company do not scare me, Glenn Beck does.

Beck crossed a line. There were lots of liberals who crossed a worse line during the Bush years. The amount of disdain for our troops spewed by Murtha, Code Pink, and Kerry is worse than simply suggesting they not re-enlist. Lets not forget that Murtha called our Marines killers, Kerry called our troops stupid for choosing to go into service, and Code Pink accused our troops of committing war crimes. There were also the lefties who faked a military career and claimed to have witnessed war crimes.

It is confirmed…Beck is an idiot.
Oh, he can rally the troops, get his followers all worked up, he would be a good preacher if he were a Christian…but he is just that, just useless words, put in a sentence with emotion that elicits a “HALLELUJAH” from his minions.

As he does this, he reminds me of Cindy Sheehan in the kitchen trying to dissuade Casey from continuing his service to his country.

There are a million parents who have tried to dissuade their beloved children from enlisting in the service of our country. Mr. Beck is now numbered among them.

Nobody denies Mr. Beck the right do say what he said, but we can certainly decide on the propriety of what he has said.

One wonders what Mr. Beck thinks of the honor of Ehren Watada who balked at serving for Mr. Bush, or all the Vietnam-era draft dodgers now living in Canada who balked at serving for Mr. Johnson. By his lights, those people are undoubtedly heroes, while they are quite the opposite to me. When the going gets tough, the tough do not bug out.

RM918
11-25-2009, 10:41 AM

They should really be drafting these guys. Eager, willing, and absolutely unconcerned with the consequences.

JK/SEA
11-25-2009, 10:42 AM
i think i'll stay in 'lone wolf' mode...for now.

Oyate
Wait--he's saying replace the military leadership and let them lead? Then he says he was tough on Bush up until the surge? Tough as in kittens and pillows tough? It's 2;01 and I'm just waiting, when is he gonna start crying? Oh wait, he's going into rage mode. I have no idea what he's talking about at this point. All I know is he's always been a war hawk. Now he's laying the whole thing at the feet of the Obama admin.

What a freaking clown.

angelatc
One wonders what Mr. Beck thinks of the honor of Ehren Watada who balked at serving for Mr. Bush, or all the Vietnam-era draft dodgers now living in Canada who balked at serving for Mr. Johnson. By his lights, those people are undoubtedly heroes, while they are quite the opposite to me. When the going gets tough, the tough do not bug out.

If there are draft dodgers still hiding in Canada someone should tell them they were pardoned a long time ago.

I can't quite tell if those comments are coming from the left or the right, which is a little freaky.

AuH20
11-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Merle Haggard asked a great question once, "Where's all the freedom, that we're fighting for?"

I think it' slowly sinking into the heads of the populace, that the TPTB never had any intention of winning these fabricated wars to begin with. If that was the case they wouldn't drag on for decades.

PreDeadMan
11-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Draft the neocons i'm sure since they are beating the war drums they would go die in Iraq or Afghanistan!... hell draft anybody that voted for mccain and obama that's the anger i feel about that... Obama idiots KNEW he was for war especially Afghanistan come on lefties go die for obama you mother f'ers!

Romulus
11-25-2009, 11:50 AM

THIS.. that one's great

JamesButabi
11-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Il pick up arms if the "terrorists" are here on our soil invading just as I support a defensive foreign policy. Its only fair one who votes against non intervention should stand behind their vote as well.,

denison
11-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Il pick up arms if the "terrorists" are here on our soil invading just as I support a defensive foreign policy. Its only fair one who votes against non intervention should stand behind their vote as well.,

we are the terrorist in their land. and if we keep up with these disastrous interventionist policies, they really will be over hear looking for retribution.

Elwar
11-25-2009, 12:25 PM
DAVID HOROWITZ: ...
And then the -- of Democratic Party leaders out of a very short- sighted desire for political advantage, have defected from a war that they -- that they all supported and have denigrated the mission of this war and fueled the -- you know, the fires of what you call disenfranchisement.

BECK: It`s not just the left this time. It`s also the right. I mean, Ron Paul`s supporters are also the right, and that`s from people saying, you know what? Bush has really not told us the truth, not told the American people the truth on government spending, on the border.

And even when it comes to the war, you didn`t tell us that we are in the fight of our life. You told us to go shopping.

HOROWITZ: Well, but he did say it`s going to be a long war.

You`re right. There`s a strain of isolationism and anarchy in the American tradition which Ron Paul is tapping into. ...

There are plenty of, unfortunately, libertarian Web sites which are indistinguishable from the anti-American left these days. LouRockwell.com and others like that. Totally in bed with the Islamofascists and have turned against this country.

SANDYS: ...

In this country at the moment we are now looking at a backlash where everybody is saying we`ve got to get out of Iraq now, and we can`t look at Iran and everything like that. There`s a total loss of traditional values in this country for continuing and finishing what we start.

BECK: OK.

SANDYS: Once you`ve begun something, you`ve got to stop it.

BECK: Jonathan, thank you.

BECK: ...

OK. Where am I wrong? The Ron Paul revolution, I think it`s meant to be a catchy slogan, but I fear some of his fringe supporters are taking the word "revolution" too literally. Agree or disagree? Go to Glenn -- I`m sorry, CNN.com/Glenn right now and cast your vote.

Coming up, our dear old friend President Musharraf. Good guy or bad guy? I`m not really sure. I`m going to ask somebody who knows: Ambassador John Bolton. Don`t forget, they`ve got nukes.

emazur
11-25-2009, 02:04 PM
I could've sworn that sometime in the last couple months even Dick Fuckin' Cheney said we should go in guns blazing or just pull out of Afghanistan.

sofia
11-25-2009, 02:07 PM

no doubt these critics are enlisted men. :rolleyes:

Captain Shays
11-25-2009, 02:09 PM
I think Glenn may be coming around a bit. I heard him today say that our founding fathers wanted us to be like Switzerland (neutral) and mind our own business. In one of his statements in the article he stated that Americans have a strong "isolationist' bent. We all know that neutrality is not isolationism so maybe, just maybe he might be starting to understand.
I don't get his chide of Lew Rockwell at all though. I couldn't believe that he said they are falling in with the America haters and islamofascists. (Islamofascist is a phrase coined by the CFRs Frank Gaffney)

AuH20
11-25-2009, 03:19 PM
I think Glenn may be coming around a bit. I heard him today say that our founding fathers wanted us to be like Switzerland (neutral) and mind our own business. In one of his statements in the article he stated that Americans have a strong "isolationist' bent. We all know that neutrality is not isolationism so maybe, just maybe he might be starting to understand.
I don't get his chide of Lew Rockwell at all though. I couldn't believe that he said they are falling in with the America haters and islamofascists. (Islamofascist is a phrase coined by the CFRs Frank Gaffney)

This op/ed covers that:
http://trueslant.com/erikkain/2009/11/24/how-glenn-beck-can-save-the-right/

Liberty Star
11-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Lovers quarrel/infighting beween "hawks" and neocons can't be a bad thing. Looks like freedom is on the march.

TheConstitutionLives
11-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Agree or not with Beck, he's obviously been moving away from the neocon propaganda way of thinking and moving in our direction. And that's a good thing. He could easily be following the neocon talking points and avoiding any ridicule from the right but he's not. That's gotta be worth something.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2009, 07:39 PM

That ranks right up there with:

"The Iraqis need a constitution"

"Well hell, send 'em ours, we don't use it anymore"

nbruno322
11-25-2009, 08:20 PM
He addressess this on his radio show on how he no longer supports the war in Afghanistan, and also mentions Carrol Quiqley. Some neo con aspects, but overall pretty interesting.

YouTube - Glenn Beck: I No Longer Support Our Military Action p1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQhePv4dWxU)

YouTube - Glenn Beck: I No Longer Support Our Military Action p2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXOo41MyPvk)