PDA

View Full Version : ****Florida Residents

romacox
11-25-2009, 08:56 AM
last night I attended the Florida C4L webnar with Mark Cross, Senator Baker and Representative Plakin. Here is a Summery of that meeting that all libral minded Floridians need to know about. (If you also attended, please feel free to add)

Never before have we been face to face with a government who will force us to buy a product with the penalty of a fine or imprisonment. More of these types of illegal laws are in the making. The Federal Government is too big and powerful for us to stand against alone. But, like you, I am not ready to sacrifice my children and grand children's future, nor do I want to live under such Tierney myself. Never before have you been so needed by your Country. We have but a short window of opportunity before it is too late..Now is the time.

Why? Because Many States are now uniting with other States, and saying that they will not force us, the people, to abide by any law that is unconstitutional. . They will not imprison or fine us for any Constitutionally illegal law. The Feds. will protest, but if there are enough States involved to protect each other, they will not be able to strip us of our freedoms even if they pass more of these illegal laws. Here is what is needed from you:

1. Please support these 3 bills in the Florida House:

•House HM19 / Senate SM 96 HM19 serves as a notice and a demand by the people of the state of Florida as expressed through their legislature to the Federal Government to cease and desist from going beyond the scope of and issuing mandates beyond it's constitutionally delegated powers. It also reasserts Florida's sovereignty under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
•House HB 21 / Senate SB 98 -- The Firearms Freedom Act seeks to provide "that specified firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition for personal use manufactured in state are not subject to federal law or regulation" in the State of Florida.
•House HJR 37 / Senate SJR 72 -- The Health Care Freedom Act says any "law or rule shall not compel, directly or indirectly, any person, employer, or health care provider to participate in any health care system," and specifies people and employers can't be fined for not buying insurance. This bill does not ban federal programs such as Medicare and Medicaid in our state, it simply focuses on restricting the federal government from forcing Americans to participate in an insurance policy, public or private.

We seek reform in many areas including; transparency with private health insurance providers, tort reform, and better accountability to those that abuse the existing public programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. First, we must ensure that the freedom to make your decision as to what health care insurance and/or provider rests with the individual citizen. We the people can contribute to bring down health care costs by making better personal decisions such as; eating healthier, not smoking (a huge contributor to health care costs), and exercising. Synergized with efficient and responsible public policy, citizens and lawmakers can together lead the way to health care reform for all.
•Signify your support by adding your name here http://www.flfreedom.org/

2. In the upcoming weeks you will be hearing more about this as the State of Florida moves forward on these actions. It cannot be done without your support.

3. Contact your State representatives, (be polite, firm and follow-up) and ask them to co-sponsor these bills. Find your representatives here:
http://myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=42147&BillNumber=hm+1
9&SessionId=64 We need a 60% vote to get these bills passed (as per the Florida Constitution). Right now most of the activity is in the Florida Senat.

4. Stay informed. It is also crutial to make sure we elect a States Attorney in this next general election that will support these Bills. As individuals we cannot stand against the Feds when they come against these laws. That will best be done by the Florida States Attorney. Lets us unite, and keep each other informed. That is the crtial key here...unity.

5. Inform others of like mind. Thank you for all you have done, and are about to do for this Country.

bobbyw24
11-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the update, Roma.

I wanted to participate, but my cold knocked me out early.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Aye, even though I'm in Wisconsin right now I'm doing my part. Every floridian contact your rep's and get this through.