PDA

View Full Version : WP on their poll

Bradley in DC
10-03-2007, 08:02 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/02/AR2007100202328.html?wpisrc=newsletter

Poll Shows Giuliani Atop An Unsettled GOP Race
Ex-Mayor Gets High Marks on Leadership

By Dan Balz and Jennifer Agiesta
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, October 3, 2007; Page A06

Rudolph W. Giuliani leads the race for the GOP presidential nomination, with Republican voters describing him as the field's strongest leader and most electable candidate in the 2008 general election, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll.

But the Republican contest remains unsettled just three months before the first votes will be cast, and in comparison with fellow New York politician Hillary Rodham Clinton, Giuliani is a far less solid front-runner. He has double the support of his nearest rival, but a majority of those who support him do so only "somewhat." At the same time, his advantages on key attributes are smaller today than they were earlier in the campaign, reflecting continued uncertainty among Republicans about their choices in the presidential race.

The poll also marked an interruption in what had been a slow but steady rise in support for Fred D. Thompson. The former senator from Tennessee nearly doubled his support from April to early September as he prepared to enter the race, but he has not picked up additional backing since.

Giuliani topped the Republican field with 34 percent, with Thompson at 17 percent and Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) at 12 percent in the new poll. Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney was in fourth with 11 percent but has continued to make strong showings in polls testing the crucial early contests in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee took 8 percent, his best showing in a Post-ABC poll. Rep. Ron Paul (Tex.) had 3 percent; Rep. Duncan Hunter (Calif.), 2 percent; and Sen. Sam Brownback (Kan.) and Rep. Tom Tancredo (Colo.), 1 percent. . .

winston_blade
10-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Me thinks that Huckabee at 8% is bad for us. He's stealing our thunder. I was hopping that people would find RP as the "Great Conservative Hope", but now, I don't know.

Captain Shays
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Huckabee is deliberatly stealing Ron Paul's thunder and me thinks its by design by the powers that be in the GOP power structures and their media cohorts.

Zydeco
10-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Me thinks that Huckabee at 8% is bad for us. He's stealing our thunder. I was hopping that people would find RP as the "Great Conservative Hope", but now, I don't know.

We really need to get the story out there about how these polls are done. Like Rasmussen lists 5 candidates (Fred McRomliani + Huckabee and "other.") Only if you say "other" do they then list Ron Paul, Tancredo, etc. And then they report how well Huckabee is doing!

Ridiculous. Everything is lies: our government lies, the media lie, the pollsters lie. The whole system is corrupt -- and I predict it's about to come crashing down.

For reasons that are not important I have read a LOT of autobiographies of people who grew up in the Soviet Union. The thing they all say about the end of the communist regime was that NOBODY predicted it -- in the weeks, months, and years before the system imploded, it seemed stronger than it had ever been, and they assumed their entire lives would be lived under that system.

We're at about 1988 right now.