PDA

View Full Version : Matt Collins Removed from GOP Vice Chair

RonPaulFanInGA
11-24-2009, 10:53 PM
http://www.davidsoncountygop.org/2009-10-28%20Collins_removal.pdf

No1ButPaul08
11-24-2009, 11:00 PM
This link just shows the motion to remove which they were voting on today. It's dated 10/27

RonPaulFanInGA
11-24-2009, 11:02 PM
http://csburks.com/2009/11/25/matt-collins-booted-by-davidson-co-gop/

Matt Collins Booted By Davidson Co. GOP

Matt Collins was removed from his vice-chairmanship of the county party by a vote of 14-5. Mr. Collins was ousted by only two votes, as a 2/3 was needed for removal.

The meeting was a ‘closed session’, so Collins’ supporters waited in the hallway outside the Cheekwood Meeting Room in the Green Hills Hampton Inn.

According to Collins, “we [the liberty movement] win regardless [of the decision].”

Agreed—we will win.

dannno
11-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Now what?

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Now what?

I guess hit a bowl man.

MsDoodahs
11-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Now what FOR WHO?

:confused:

jake
11-24-2009, 11:11 PM
what was the reason for his 'booting'?

MsDoodahs
11-24-2009, 11:19 PM

don't....

don't....

don't....

HOLLYWOOD
11-24-2009, 11:24 PM

"...Collins was cited for behaviors not supportive of the Republican platform including unprofessional actions and words and use of his DCRP title when expressing personal opinions that were often “derogatory to and disrespectful of Republican candidates or elected officials.” It was noted that his personal stances were undermining the credibility of the local and State parties. Although Collins often included disclaimers on his personal statements that his comments were his own, the use of his title created an impression that he was speaking for the Republican party.

The vote for a motion to remove Collins from his position does not constitute immediate removal. A separate vote for removal would take place following a hearing at a later date."

tpreitzel
11-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Who voted affirmative to remove Matt? Even with the possible ramifications, the private vote should probably become public.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-24-2009, 11:31 PM
What is the saying...

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.....

PreDeadMan
11-24-2009, 11:34 PM
^^ yeah Ghandi..... damn that sucks those asshats should be ashamed of themselves voting to boot out Matt seems like a great guy on these forums :(

TCE
11-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Edited.

Matt Collins
11-25-2009, 12:38 AM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/24/davidson-county-gop-ousts-controversial-vice-chair/

squarepusher
11-25-2009, 11:31 AM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/24/davidson-county-gop-ousts-controversial-vice-chair/

lmao, can I buy trading cards somewhere?

It should be noted that I have broken no bylaws (even Chairman Starnes has admitted this) and this was a personal vindictive move by some in the DCRP and the TNGOP to remove me because they did not want their fellow Republicans such as Rep Zigzag Zach Wamp, Mayor “Ban’em” Bill Haslam, Senator “Large Government” Lamar Alexander, and Senator “Bailout Bob” Corker held accountable.

Time for Change
11-25-2009, 12:04 PM
lets quote Kathleen Starnes, DCRP Chairman

....coupled with behavior and words that are disrespectful to Republican candidates or elected officials...

Cant be disrespecting those elected officials, now can we.
After all, they are the elite and we should be bowing in the shadow of their glory.

These people make me sick.

nobody's_hero
11-25-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't think these are the actual vote results.

14-5 was the same count as the number of votes the committee made to initiate the removal process.

Did those same people vote to actually remove him? What's the point of having a committee then, if everyone is on it?

LittleLightShining
11-25-2009, 12:48 PM
lets quote Kathleen Starnes, DCRP Chairman

Cant be disrespecting those elected officials, now can we.
After all, they are the elite and we should be bowing in the shadow of their glory.

These people make me sick.I got in trouble for the same thing when I was on my county executive county. It's just as well. Now that I'm not on the EC they can't censure me. This could be the best thing that happened to Matt.

nobody's_hero
11-25-2009, 12:51 PM
"The vote for a motion to remove Collins from his position does not constitute
immediate removal. A separate vote for removal would take place following a hearing at a later date"

From the .pdf file in the OP.

jkr
11-25-2009, 01:06 PM
no taxation without REPRESENTATION!

jmdrake
11-25-2009, 11:01 PM

14-5 was the same count as the number of votes the committee made to initiate the removal process.

Did those same people vote to actually remove him? What's the point of having a committee then, if everyone is on it?

It's the actual vote count. One of our guys couldn't make it and one person not affiliated with us voted against removal. (This might have been someone who abstained in the first round). I did my best to reach out. The video I made and sent out probably helped secure the one extra vote we did get. We still have people on the executive committee and we still will be affecting change but in a different way. That's all I can say because I don't want to give away strategy and I know this forum is monitored.

Regards,

John M. Drake

tonesforjonesbones
11-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Hey..when I was going to join the Republican Executive Committee here, (they were VERY nice to the Ron Paul folks ) there were all these oaths you had to take, toe the party line kinda oaths..and I wasn't about to do it..so I didn't join. tones

jmdrake
11-25-2009, 11:27 PM
From the .pdf file in the OP.

That's old. Last night's vote was for actual removal.

Paul Revered
11-26-2009, 12:22 AM
This is very disturbing. The GOP is quickly losing my lifelong support. I don't say this lightly. I hear lots of talk of people leaving the party. I've been try to encourage many not to leave; but to repair the damage. This argument becomes increasingly more difficult to make. Many are leaving the party. If the GOP isn't willing to earn the votes of Conservatives; those Conservatives will look for solutions elsewhere.

MR2Fast2Catch
11-26-2009, 12:37 AM
This is sad. We are all on your side Matt. It is sad that the Republican Party has to be so rejecting to certain members just because they have different views. It's no wonder they have been losing elections over the past few years.

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 11:45 AM

Did those same people vote to actually remove him? What's the point of having a committee then, if everyone is on it?The ExCom has to vote to hold the hearing, and then then ExCom has to vote for removal after the hearing.

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 11:47 AM
I got in trouble for the same thing when I was on my county executive county. It's just as well. Now that I'm not on the EC they can't censure me. This could be the best thing that happened to Matt.I tried to explain to them that they wanted me on their team and that it would not be wise to oust me. But as I said some of them are not smart enough to understand that, and the rest don't care because they want their country club and I'm not in their little social clique.

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 11:48 AM
This is very disturbing. The GOP is quickly losing my lifelong support. I don't say this lightly. I hear lots of talk of people leaving the party. I've been try to encourage many not to leave; but to repair the damage. This argument becomes increasingly more difficult to make. Many are leaving the party. If the GOP isn't willing to earn the votes of Conservatives; those Conservatives will look for solutions elsewhere.Yes, how does it look when I have brought hundreds of people into the Party and then they kick me out for standing up for principle? What kind of message does that send to my generation and people of my ideology? :confused:

MR2Fast2Catch
11-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Matt, does this make you want to get involved with the Libertarian Party now or will you stay a Republican? Just curious for your thoughts on that.

lynnf
11-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes, how does it look when I have brought hundreds of people into the Party and then they kick me out for standing up for principle? What kind of message does that send to my generation and people of my ideology? :confused:

it sends the message to them that they had better take charge and really change things or there will be more of the same, or worse.....

lynn

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Matt, does this make you want to get involved with the Libertarian Party now or will you stay a Republican? Just curious for your thoughts on that.Well unfortunately the LP in TN is not currently viable because of exclusive ballot access laws designed to prevent ANY true competition in the ballot box. :(

anaconda
11-26-2009, 06:51 PM
What's the point of getting voted Vice Chair if the bozos can gang up and throw you out? Might as well let the bozos appoint the position....

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 10:25 PM
What's the point of getting voted Vice Chair if the bozos can gang up and throw you out? Might as well let the bozos appoint the position....Yep, that logic is pretty correct.

nobody's_hero
11-27-2009, 05:19 PM
The ExCom has to vote to hold the hearing, and then then ExCom has to vote for removal after the hearing.

You're saying that the general membership of Davidson County GOP does not vote on the issue? WHat the hell kind of set-up is that? Why even have a hearing when they know they've got the votes?

If committee members are the only ones who vote on anything, then you're better off not being a part of that tyrannical B.S. :(

Matt Collins
11-27-2009, 11:51 PM
You're saying that the general membership of Davidson County GOP does not vote on the issue? WHat the hell kind of set-up is that? Why even have a hearing when they know they've got the votes?

If committee members are the only ones who vote on anything, then you're better off not being a part of that tyrannical B.S. :(You're starting to figure it out. :rolleyes: :(:mad:

anaconda
11-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Yep, that logic is pretty correct.

Remember them on their way down, Matt. The Revolution is going to do some of our own serious "appointing" over the next few years!:D

Bman
11-28-2009, 05:58 AM
You're starting to figure it out. :rolleyes: :(:mad:

The old blood is dynig, the new blood is rising. You tied them last time around. No reason you can't straight out beat them next time.

Then you play it as you will. Extend an olive branch, or slogan "pay backs a bitch" as you throw them all out.;)

LibertyEagle
11-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Matt,

Do you remember a long time ago that the forum member, Freelance, told you that politics in the Davidson County GOP were a lot different than you were assuming? She had been involved in them for a long time and seemed to believe even back then that the way you were approaching things was wrong and it was going to end you up in hot water.

Matt Collins
11-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Matt,

Do you remember a long time ago that the forum member, Freelance, told you that politics in the Davidson County GOP were a lot different than you were assuming? She had been involved in them for a long time and seemed to believe even back then that the way you were approaching things was wrong and it was going to end you up in hot water.
Oh yes I'm quite aware and took a lot of that into account. ;)

tron paul
11-28-2009, 04:45 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/7/128678400640554720.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4908/funnycatpictures004qj3.jpg

speciallyblend
11-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Oh yes I'm quite aware and took a lot of that into account. ;)

matt you did nothing wrong. We had a Ron Paul Republican win the vice chair seat,so the summit gop had another vote on another day to boot him out. this is nothing new. the gop has done a great job at pissing off republicans and making them think twice about supporting the neo-cons or republicans in general. (perfect examples colorado/nevada conventions and all the rest of the republican conventions________ include your state, ron paul republicans will never forget,this is something the gop should fear to their bones)

the good news is republicans have held the gop ACCOUNTABLE in the last 2 elections and we will in the future. the gop still hasn't figured out why they lost the 2 elections. they lost because a good portion 10-30% of ron paul republicans/supporters were alienated in their own republican conventions.

The gop has along way to go to mending bridges and rebuilding bridges. In some states i am not sure the gop is even worth a dam anymore. we will see in 2010/2012,but the gop trying to push the palins and the rest of their corrupt crew shows they are along way from seeing the light. I am not sure what the future holds,but the future of the gop is dying faster then the leadership even knows. they have yet to even listen to the main points of the Ron Paul Republican Platform.

Everyone of you have done work one way or another. I have seen life-long republicans come up to me as well as life-long family members. they are not approaching gop leadership anymore to find out what is happening. they are asking other ron paul republicans or asking me to find out what to do and what
is happening. the gop has lost faith from registered republicans and they should.

The gop is on a Road to Nowhere, while we/i keep traveling down our path. I choose our path over the failed gop leaders path. what the gop really fails to understand is . we are not gonna vote republican just because the failed gop leadership says the dems are running obama or whoever they choose to be the dems posterboy/girl. the fact is as a republican i hold the gop accountable for what the gop does. the major problem today is not obama but the gop leadership. they only try to use the dems to blind your allegianace to their failed gop policies. well no more and the last 2 elections told the deaf dumb and blind gop this. Our concern should be the failed gop,not obama,unless obama registers republican.

dr. hfn
11-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Matt, you need to get another position now!

libertarian4321
11-30-2009, 06:02 PM
This kind of nonsense makes you wonder if there is even a reason to support the Republican Party anymore.

Every year that goes by, the Republican Party moves more toward big government, less freedom, and less tolerance of any idea not fed to the membership by the RNC.

I really thought the GOP would smarten up after getting spanked twice in a row by the Dems, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Matt Collins
11-30-2009, 11:55 PM
matt you did nothing wrong. We had a Ron Paul Republican win the vice chair seat,so the summit gop had another vote on another day to boot him out. this is nothing new. the gop has done a great job at pissing off republicans and making them think twice about supporting the neo-cons or republicans in general. (perfect examples colorado/nevada conventions and all the rest of the republican conventions________ include your state, ron paul republicans will never forget,this is something the gop should fear to their bones)

the good news is republicans have held the gop ACCOUNTABLE in the last 2 elections and we will in the future. the gop still hasn't figured out why they lost the 2 elections. they lost because a good portion 10-30% of ron paul republicans/supporters were alienated in their own republican conventions.

The gop has along way to go to mending bridges and rebuilding bridges. In some states i am not sure the gop is even worth a dam anymore. we will see in 2010/2012,but the gop trying to push the palins and the rest of their corrupt crew shows they are along way from seeing the light. I am not sure what the future holds,but the future of the gop is dying faster then the leadership even knows. they have yet to even listen to the main points of the Ron Paul Republican Platform.

Everyone of you have done work one way or another. I have seen life-long republicans come up to me as well as life-long family members. they are not approaching gop leadership anymore to find out what is happening. they are asking other ron paul republicans or asking me to find out what to do and what
is happening. the gop has lost faith from registered republicans and they should.

The gop is on a Road to Nowhere, while we/i keep traveling down our path. I choose our path over the failed gop leaders path. what the gop really fails to understand is . we are not gonna vote republican just because the failed gop leadership says the dems are running obama or whoever they choose to be the dems posterboy/girl. the fact is as a republican i hold the gop accountable for what the gop does. the major problem today is not obama but the gop leadership. they only try to use the dems to blind your allegianace to their failed gop policies. well no more and the last 2 elections told the deaf dumb and blind gop this. Our concern should be the failed gop,not obama,unless obama registers republican.Well I feel we must at least make an effort to change the Republican Party from the inside out. That is the only viable goal at present.

Aratus
12-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Matt, you need to get another position now!

something bigger and better! send the old timers in the local g.o.p a message again!

Matt Collins
12-01-2009, 10:15 PM
something bigger and better! send the old timers in the local g.o.p a message again!
It's on its way ;)

Matt Collins
12-04-2009, 05:00 PM
This kind of nonsense makes you wonder if there is even a reason to support the Republican Party anymore.

Every year that goes by, the Republican Party moves more toward big government, less freedom, and less tolerance of any idea not fed to the membership by the RNC.

I really thought the GOP would smarten up after getting spanked twice in a row by the Dems, but that doesn't seem to be the case.Yeah I thought so to. But I'm starting to wonder... :(