PDA

View Full Version : Is Cap and Trade Dead ?

pcosmar
11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
I count any small delay as a win.
It seems that the Hacked E-Mails may be a very good thing.
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=N2QzZDQ0YjNmMmU3NTQwOWM2M2M0YmE2NGY4YTQzMjc=

Following the worldwide attention on the leaked CRU e-mails, Inhofe says that he still plans to go to the Copenhagen conference on climate change next month. He also says that cap-and-trade legislation is “dead in the Senate.”

http://greeninc.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/24/inhofe-seeks-probe-of-climate-science/

“The stakes in this controversy are significant, as it appears that the basis of federal programs, pending E.P.A. rulemakings, and cap-and-trade legislation was contrived and fabricated,” Senator Inhofe said.

“I certainly don’t condone the manner in which these e-mails were released; however, now that they are in the public domain, lawmakers have an obligation to determine the extent to which the so-called ‘consensus’ of global warming, formed with billions of taxpayer dollars, was contrived in the biased minds of the world’s leading climate scientists,” Mr. Inhofe said in a press release.

Congress Probes Global Warming Emails
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20091124/congress-probes-global-warming-emails-global-warming-hoax-global-warming-hacked-emails-facts-myth.htm

This might be good.;)
I won't get my hopes too high, There is big money and some serious Global interests behind this corruption.
I will be watching.

phill4paul
11-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Delay...never win. We would not be where we are today if any bill to defeat government intervention could not be revisited on a later date when the people did not have the wherewithal to repute it once again!

If at first you don't succeed, repackage, and try. try again.

devil21
11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
No way it's dead. They need the revenue generation way too much to just give up on it. NEVER let your guard down or think they're "giving up" on anything they've worked on for this long (20+ years). I can see the Senate passing it in a quiet Dec 24 session kinda like how the Federal Reserve Act was slipped in.

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 08:07 PM
And one.
No way it is dead.

I also don't see any reason why Obama has to tell anyone he signed the Copenhagen treaty until its time to implement its functions.
He will sign this.

devil21
11-24-2009, 08:22 PM
And one.
No way it is dead.

I also don't see any reason why Obama has to tell anyone he signed the Copenhagen treaty until its time to implement its functions.
He will sign this.

The Senate (2/3 majority) has to vote for the treaty though, per Article II of the Constitution. It's not just Obama's signature that starts the wheels in motion. His signature and a formal ratification are two different animals. Then throw the Senate approval on top for good measure. Even if Obama signed the Copenhagen screwjob it's not legally enforceable on the US unless he ratifies the treaty AND the Senate votes for it. It's a fairly complicated process.

It's the same reason that Kyoto has never had any effect on us. Clinton signed it but it was never ratified nor approved by the Senate so it's meaningless and unenforcable.

pcosmar
11-24-2009, 08:23 PM
If at first you don't succeed, repackage, and try. try again.

Understood. I know this won't stop them. The resistance is good.
They will impose a One World Government.

I welcome any delay, and all resistance.
I truly DO NOT Want to pick up a gun against anyone.
I hope to delay it till I die of old age. If not, then I will die otherwise. ;)

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 08:27 PM
I still think he will sign it.

phill4paul
11-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Understood. I know this won't stop them. The resistance is good.
They will impose a One World Government.

I welcome any delay, and all resistance.
I truly DO NOT Want to pick up a gun against anyone.
I hope to delay it till I die of old age. If not, then I will die otherwise. ;)

Truthfully, I am at the point were I am a torn individual. At one end I too am glad for the delay. At the other I hope they get their way and bring it to a head like a bad boil while I still have my health. If ya know what I mean.;)

We all die. Old and ineffectual, meaning only to delay, holds not that much meaning to me.

sparebulb
11-24-2009, 09:14 PM
No way this is dead.

I think that we will be amazed at how our Congresspeople will act completely oblivious to anything other than the "climate change" party line. These hackers are "liars" and "terrorists". We will be subjected to phrases such as ".....don't throw the baby out with the bathwater......." or ".....emails taken out of context do not debunk the whole climate change science..........".

tangent4ronpaul
11-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Obama in his speech tonight is still pushing this BS.

-t

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 10:03 PM
They Are Going To Do This To Us.

What happens after that remains to be seen.

Cowlesy
11-24-2009, 10:29 PM
"Hello. Our science is complete bullshit. Hell, a 4th grader's science project is more sound than our data. Regardless, please complete crush the world economy, and let us profit."

Thanks,

Team CRU

RM918
11-25-2009, 04:19 AM
The Senate (2/3 majority) has to vote for the treaty though, per Article II of the Constitution. It's not just Obama's signature that starts the wheels in motion. His signature and a formal ratification are two different animals. Then throw the Senate approval on top for good measure. Even if Obama signed the Copenhagen screwjob it's not legally enforceable on the US unless he ratifies the treaty AND the Senate votes for it. It's a fairly complicated process.

It's the same reason that Kyoto has never had any effect on us. Clinton signed it but it was never ratified nor approved by the Senate so it's meaningless and unenforcable.

Yeah, that pesky Constitution stops them all the time. They wouldn't dream of calling it an 'emergency measure' so we can 'do something about it NOW!'.

devil21
11-25-2009, 04:30 AM
Yeah, that pesky Constitution stops them all the time. They wouldn't dream of calling it an 'emergency measure' so we can 'do something about it NOW!'.

Point taken. I know the Constitution isn't followed too much anymore and there have already been emergency powers set forth for things like this. I do look back at treaty histories and we don't seem to follow the ones we do sign. Hoping this is another one. Apologies for thinking about what is or is not legal under the USC.