PDA

View Full Version : Beck Going Full Neocon...

Epic
11-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Says San Francisco Liberals are too elite because they don't support the war, allow ROTC onto campuses, etc.

Says Obama should hurry up and send troops to Afghanistan... (or pull troops home if he's not willing to fight the war... obviously this would be better)

Says Obama is no Lincoln, who was a great, bold man who actually listened to his commanders on the battlefield...

Cowlesy
11-24-2009, 04:19 PM
long live the Galactic Empire

Funny enough, the Google Ad that popped up for this thread was this: http://www.avestllc.com/?gclid=CP3IqKjVpJ4CFZFC5godynf-yA

The Deacon
11-24-2009, 04:20 PM
"Everybody knows you never go full retard!"

Epic
11-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Beck just endorsed VAT tax. On the Niall Ferguson segment.

Controlled Opposition.

Romulus
11-24-2009, 04:30 PM
sons a bitch.. just as soon as he goes toward victory he vears to tyranny..

Chester Copperpot
11-24-2009, 04:30 PM
anybody got a video?

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Sensationalist extraordinaire.
YouTube - Beck From the Dead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1rLv_hNeI&feature=player_embedded)

IPSecure
11-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Beck just endorsed VAT tax. On the Niall Ferguson segment.

Controlled Opposition.

WTF?

Oh yeah, this is Fox...

purplechoe
11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/stills/BehindTheScenesGlennBeck.flv.jpg

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
He's just doing his ever evolving job.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-24-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm beginning to think we need to subvert this bullshit now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agorism

Find someone like Schiff, the Judge, Ron, Mises Inst., FEE, Penn, some libertarian affluent who espouses or at least understands Austrian Economics to start up a bank / mint and start producing gold/silver currency. Create an exchange rate for silver/gold/FRN let them fluctuate. Circulate, out of the eye of the State.

paulpwns
11-24-2009, 04:38 PM
This is guy is the ultimate joke.

How do you discredit great ideas? Have this guy support them!

Anyone with half a brain knows what a complete tool, and captive controlled mercenary slave he is really is.

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Just use him when he suits your needs guys and be careful that he doesn't find a way to use you.
They don't call them tools for nothing.

Chester Copperpot
11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Sensationalist extraordinaire.
YouTube - Beck From the Dead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1rLv_hNeI&feature=player_embedded)

I want 7:33 minutes of my life back.. that video had nothing to do with anything we were talking about.

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 04:42 PM
I want 7:33 minutes of my life back.. that video had nothing to do with anything we were talking about.

You're right.
It frames the picture that lead to where we are today with Mr. Beck though.

kaleidoscope eyes
11-24-2009, 04:47 PM
honey, honey, poison

LibertyMage
11-24-2009, 04:47 PM
"Everybody knows you never go full retard!"

Deacon wins this thread. Beck is the definition of "full retard". If we want to stand for something greater than the "I'm going to vote Team R regardless" voter, then Beck needs to get purged.

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Deacon wins this thread. Beck is the definition of "full retard". If we want to stand for something greater than the "I'm going to vote Team R regardless" voter, then Beck needs to get purged.

I never completely throw a useful tool away.
Never know when I might need it.

bunklocoempire
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
honey, honey, poison

Jeff Beck, Beck Hansen, Glenn Beck.

Bunkloco

emazur
11-24-2009, 05:09 PM
I can forgive the Lincoln thing as I never knew more about him until I finished Creature from Jekyll Island less than a year ago, and I already knew his views on the war so this wouldn't surprise me, but endorsing a VAT is pure poison and puts him squarely in league w/ the Obama camp and big govt. types. I'll watch the segment later to confirm he actually said this (RPF has a tendency to put words in his mouth or misinterpret them).

Romulus
11-24-2009, 05:17 PM

this..

wait maybe he's reading and getting a complex and resorting back to his neocon comfort zone.

LibertyMage
11-24-2009, 05:21 PM

People that are open to the truth see this guy and immediately peg him as a loon. He is then associated with our camp and we are pegged as de-facto loons. Death by association.

1000-points-of-fright
11-24-2009, 05:23 PM
How do you explain that he pretty much said that people should stop enlisting in the military?

davesxj
11-24-2009, 05:34 PM
So... GB is going to sit around and wait for something to happen. Excellent strategy General Beck.

GB is controlled opposition.

True and necessary opposition would be calling for civil disobedience.

In that sense.. most of this board is unfortunately controlled opposition.

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Our so called "free trade" partners use it, putting us at a severe disadvantage by forcing a tax at every level of production. Was Beck suggesting a leveling of the playing field by the US imposing a value added tax on all foreign countries importing to us? We are the only major international trade country without a VAT system, aren't we?

Maybe the way to get our "free trade" partners to back off VAT themselves is to impose it on them.

I'm no expert, but from what little I know it seems like this is why we have such a huge trade deficit. It could also be why companies are moving out of the US - so that they can benefit from VAT.

Why are we the only country without it and why have we tolerated other countries imposing it on us?

Epic
11-24-2009, 05:57 PM
beck endorses vat tax to limit deficit

http://video.foxnews.com/#/11904092/road-to-ruin/?category_id=f909db77f0ad31bbfd35cb7e6a04f50204809 c04

"a vat tax of maybe 2 percent that drives the deficit down - it is constitutionally marked for that..."

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 05:57 PM
People that are open to the truth see this guy and immediately peg him as a loon. He is then associated with our camp and we are pegged as de-facto loons. Death by association.

I'm not in any camp per say anymore.
I'm a solo contractor.
I do enjoy chatting here though.

Cowlesy
11-24-2009, 06:01 PM
*facepalm*

Now I see it...

He's always had a crush on Sarah Palin, and after seeing her scan 700,000 copies of her book in week 1 not to mention the long lines of people waiting in line....the sheer worship of the lady, he's made a strategic shift toward her (staged) foreign policy perspective.

In the end, it all comes down to $$$, and Sarah has tapped a gold mine the last two weeks.

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2009, 06:03 PM
I can forgive the Lincoln thing as I never knew more about him until I finished Creature from Jekyll Island less than a year ago, and I already knew his views on the war so this wouldn't surprise me, but endorsing a VAT is pure poison and puts him squarely in league w/ the Obama camp and big govt. types. I'll watch the segment later to confirm he actually said this (RPF has a tendency to put words in his mouth or misinterpret them).

This.

I don't much like Glenn Beck, but I try to keep a balanced view of what he actually says. It has been my experience that that is not a very common practice around these parts. I have witnessed nearly as much outrageous hyperbole regarding what GB has to say from the RPF's as what the M$M did to RP in 07/08. So I take everything I hear about GB on RPF's now with a HUGE grain of salt. I don't much like sorytellers, in any direction. :(

erowe1
11-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Says San Francisco Liberals are too elite because they don't support the war, allow ROTC onto campuses, etc.

Says Obama should hurry up and send troops to Afghanistan... (or pull troops home if he's not willing to fight the war... obviously this would be better)

Says Obama is no Lincoln, who was a great, bold man who actually listened to his commanders on the battlefield...

Those are all bad. But that's not what "neocon" means.

RevolutionSD
11-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Beck is a phony and a neocon. He's like a carrot on a stick to libertarians, pulling them away from principle and into evil.

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Beck is a phony and a neocon. He's like a carrot on a stick to libertarians, pulling them away from principle and into evil.

Really? How so? Give me an example of how he is pulling libertarians away from principle and into evil.

american.swan
11-24-2009, 06:35 PM
There is nothing new here. The only point from this situation is the Ron Paul Revolution has no clue what do to when Glen Beck points all the fools to Sarah Palin. We all knew this was coming.

The thread title should be....."Glen Beck does what we KNEW he was going to do, Revolution not prepared"

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 06:38 PM
There is nothing new here. The only point from this situation is the Ron Paul Revolution has no clue what do to when Glen Beck points all the fools to Sarah Palin. We all knew this was coming.

The thread title should be....."Glen Beck does what we KNEW he was going to do, Revolution not prepared"

Really? We won't know what to do? Most on this forum hate Beck and Palin.

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2009, 06:44 PM
beck endorses vat tax to limit deficit

http://video.foxnews.com/#/11904092/road-to-ruin/?category_id=f909db77f0ad31bbfd35cb7e6a04f50204809 c04

"a vat tax of maybe 2 percent that drives the deficit down - it is constitutionally marked for that..."

Yup, twisted and torn brutally out of context. No surprise there. :rolleyes:

"Is there any way out of this mess other than to do this, that, the other, and maybe even, we were talking in a meeting the other day, something like a 2% VAT going just to pay down the debt. Would that work?" /paraphrase

LOL yup, that sounds just like an enthusiastic endorsement of a VAT tax. :rolleyes:

Sounds more like some guy panicking and trying to come up with something to dig the country our of debt, and asking people if any of the 5 ideas he presents will actually help. Of course, the guest he has on seems to be more focused on getting government out of the way of business as the solution to GB's queries... then says that a VAT would be better than a national sales tax or a corporate tax (the guest is from Europe, mind you) GB recognizes that a Constitutional Amendment would be required in order to implement a VAT, but says that if we did it, it (the amendment) should be required that it's only purpose was to pay down the debt. (GB does not seem to be aware that this would simply lead to bigger deficits, after all if we have a VAT paying off the debt, we can run bigger deficits, right?)

As usual, Glenn Beck is clueless, and willing to entertain any notion whatever towards paying off the debt, even stupid ones. But dreaming up a litany of fantasy scenarios trying to come up with some ideas to pay down the debt is not the same thing as endorsing a VAT tax. Was it stupid? yes. Of course. But that's no cause to take something brutally out of context and exaggerate the heck out of it until it would be unrecognizable to the original speaker.

If someone goes on his show tomorrow and explains that constitutionally limiting a tax to only pay off the debt will NOT work, because that just means we will run bigger deficits and use his VAT to cover it. He will counter that we should have a constitutional amendment to balance the budget. Tell him that with a balanced budget, SS would immediately go insolvent and we could no longer pay for wars. Then he will start looking for another solution.

GB doesn't want a VAT, he is just scared shytless about facing some $50 Trillions in debt and trying to come up with something, anything to address it. He is willing to consider a VAT if it will eradicate our debt. Hell, *I* would be willing to consider a VAT if it just paid off the debt and then went away forever. But I know better, not only would it not even work in the first place, but it would never go away in the second. GB is not quite that bright.

We were led to believe here in this thread that GB wanted to implement a VAT in order to make our gov't bigger and more Trotsky-neoconnish. The video reveals him as more naive than conspiratorial.

But that's pretty typical of what I've come to expect here, LOL! :)

american.swan
11-24-2009, 06:46 PM

Yes really!! I know most of the forum dislikes Beck and doesn't trust him or Palin. I know that. You know that. Now what are you going to do about it?

american.swan
11-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Good Post!

Yup, twisted and torn brutally out of context. No surprise there. :rolleyes:

"Is there any way out of this mess other than to do this, that, the other, and maybe even, we were talking in a meeting the other day, something like a 2% VAT going just to pay down the debt. Would that work?" /paraphrase

LOL yup, that sounds just like an enthusiastic endorsement of a VAT tax. :rolleyes:

Sounds more like some guy panicking and trying to come up with something to dig the country our of debt, and asking people if any of the 5 ideas he presents will actually help. Of course, the guest he has on seems to be more focused on getting government out of the way of business as the solution to GB's queries... then says that a VAT would be better than a national sales tax or a corporate tax (the guest is from Europe, mind you) GB recognizes that a Constitutional Amendment would be required in order to implement a VAT, but says that if we did it, it (the amendment) should be required that it's only purpose was to pay down the debt. (GB does not seem to be aware that this would simply lead to bigger deficits, after all if we have a VAT paying off the debt, we can run bigger deficits, right?)

As usual, Glenn Beck is clueless, and willing to entertain any notion whatever towards paying off the debt, even stupid ones. But dreaming up a litany of fantasy scenarios trying to come up with some ideas to pay down the debt is not the same thing as endorsing a VAT tax. Was it stupid? yes. Of course. But that's no cause to take something brutally out of context and exaggerate the heck out of it until it would be unrecognizable to the original speaker.

If someone goes on his show tomorrow and explains that constitutionally limiting a tax to only pay off the debt will NOT work, because that just means we will run bigger deficits and use his VAT to cover it. He will counter that we should have a constitutional amendment to balance the budget. Tell him that with a balanced budget, SS would immediately go insolvent and we could no longer pay for wars. Then he will start looking for another solution.

GB doesn't want a VAT, he is just scared shytless about facing some $50 Trillions in debt and trying to come up with something, anything to address it. He is willing to consider a VAT if it will eradicate our debt. Hell, *I* would be willing to consider a VAT if it just paid off the debt and then went away forever. But I know better, not only would it not even work in the first place, but it would never go away in the second. GB is not quite that bright.

We were led to believe here in this thread that GB wanted to implement a VAT in order to make our gov't bigger and more Trotsky-neoconnish. The video reveals him as more naive than conspiratorial.

But that's pretty typical of what I've come to expect here, LOL! :)

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2009, 06:52 PM

Yeah, I don't much like GB, I REALLY don't like SP, but I tend to hate these filthy politic word-twisting games no matter who does them and no matter who they are directed against. In my little universe, it is hypocrisy to complain about RP being twisted out of context and then turn around and do the very same thing to someone else, but hey that's just me. I know I have been tempted to do such a thing to BHO, but I refuse to become a hypocrite, no matter how desperately useful it may seem at the time.

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes really!! I know most of the forum dislikes Beck and doesn't trust him or Palin. I know that. You know that. Now what are you going to do about it?

What am I going to do about the forum hating Beck and Palin? Nothing. I guess I'm missing your point. Are you suggesting that the RPRevolutionaries should be trying to make enemies out of followers of Beck and Palin? Or are you suggesting that we try and persuade them to transcend Beck and Palin? If it is the latter, then I am already trying to do that.

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I don't much like GB, I REALLY don't like SP, but I tend to hate these filthy politic word-twisting games no matter who does them and no matter who they are directed against. In my little universe, it is hypocrisy to complain about RP being twisted out of context and then turn around and do the very same thing to someone else, but hey that's just me. I know I have been tempted to do such a thing to BHO, but I refuse to become a hypocrite, no matter how desperately useful it may seem at the time.

I understand what you're saying. I don't hate either of them. I watch Beck and I use him as a 'gateway' drug when I talk to the sleeping among us. Palin has pull whether we like it or not. It would be foolish not to use her in the same way.

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2009, 06:56 PM
i understand what you're saying. I don't hate either of them. I watch beck and i use him as a 'gateway' drug when i talk to the sleeping among us. Palin has pull whether we like it or not. It would be foolish not to use her in the same way.

+1776

TinCanToNA
11-24-2009, 06:59 PM
If you want the truth to be told, start acting like you care about the truth! Once again this thread serves as much of an indictment of the forum as it does of the subject of the thread.

FACT: FOXNews is steering again towards the religious-right.

FACT: FOXNews has never been truly friendly towards liberty, or candidates like Ron Paul.

You can't expect FOXNews to not act like FOXNews. It's not in their nature.

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 06:59 PM
I liked the effort Glenn put into having Lord Monckton on. A lot of people became exposed to the Copenhagen treaty that would not have been otherwise.
Glenn played a great crowbar there.

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 07:01 PM
If you want the truth to be told, start acting like you care about the truth! Once again this thread serves as much of an indictment of the forum as it does of the subject of the thread.

FACT: FOXNews is steering again towards the religious-right.

FACT: FOXNews has never been truly friendly towards liberty, or candidates like Ron Paul.

You can't expect FOXNews to not act like FOXNews. It's not in their nature.

Then let them be your tool.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Then let them be your tool.

if you think you can wield it, knock yourself out. ('cause you just might)

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
if you think you can wield it, knock yourself out. ('cause you just might)

I've been wielding it. Still conscious. ;)

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-24-2009, 07:19 PM
I've been wielding it. Still conscious. ;)

i remember an epic story about wielding corrupted power. didn't turn out will for those that did.

JK/SEA
11-24-2009, 07:21 PM
An oldie but goody. Thought it needed to be injected >>>here..YouTube - cowboys herding cats (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8)

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
i remember an epic story about wielding corrupted power. didn't turn out will for those that did.

Who said anything about wielding corrupted power? I'm talking about leading Fox viewers, Beck viewers, Palin supporters into libertarian values. With people like Judge Nap on there, it's not that complicated of a task - just need to be patient with a lot of folks - cognitive dissonance can be a difficult experience.

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2009, 07:30 PM
ROFL That's just PERFECT! Yeah, I had never actually seen that one before...

And yeah, it's WAY easier to herd Obamatons and Neocondroids. They are after all, herd animals by nature.

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Who said anything about wielding corrupted power? I'm talking about leading Fox viewers, Beck viewers, Palin supporters into libertarian values. With people like Judge Nap on there, it's not that complicated of a task - just need to be patient with a lot of folks - cognitive dissonance can be a difficult experience.

After all, those viewers who are attracted to Glenn Beck in the first place already want to be in our camp, they just don't know it yet.

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 07:35 PM
After all, those viewers who are attracted to Glenn Beck in the first place already want to be in our camp, they just don't know it yet.

There ya go.. Once you find one,
all you have to do then is show them the tractor.
http://tobefree.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/paul-baby-tractor.jpg
The tractor has become a metaphor for me.
;)

JK/SEA
11-24-2009, 07:36 PM

I'm not a very religious man, but i pray to God you are right.

Any numbers on Becks audience? approx.

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 07:37 PM

True dat! When I point out that the Ron Paul Revolutionaries are the ones that started the Tea Parties, people are surprised. Then I go into how much money we raised for him on the internet and how he's a strict Constitutionalist and never voted for a tax hike. Inevitably I get the, I thought he was a loon - that's when I go into why you can't trust the media, etc. etc.

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2009, 07:55 PM
True dat! When I point out that the Ron Paul Revolutionaries are the ones that started the Tea Parties, people are surprised. Then I go into how much money we raised for him on the internet and how he's a strict Constitutionalist and never voted for a tax hike. Inevitably I get the, I thought he was a loon - that's when I go into why you can't trust the media, etc. etc.

Same process I use thereabouts. Seems to work more often than not. Some (not all) people just can't believe that Fox would lie to them. Not that we need to abandon the Constitution, or strengthen the PATRIOT Act, or attack more nations, they are pretty much with us on the policy points down the line, they just don't want to believe that their beloved Fox, their only source of 'truth' in this mad mad world, would actually lie to them. After all, then they would have nothing. If even Fox would lie to them, then who can they rely on to tell them the truth?

At that point, it turns into a downward spiral. It really helps that we've "been there, done that" because we can empathize.

HOLLYWOOD
11-24-2009, 08:06 PM
long live the Galactic Empire

Funny enough, the Google Ad that popped up for this thread was this: http://www.avestllc.com/?gclid=CP3IqKjVpJ4CFZFC5godynf-yA (http://www.avestllc.com/?gclid=CP3IqKjVpJ4CFZFC5godynf-yA)

LOL! Hilarious! Barhhhhhhhhhhhrrrr!

http://www.avestllc.com/images/stories/headerbust1-1.png http://www.avestllc.com/images/stories/headerbust2-2.png
http://www.avestllc.com/images/stories/MainHeaderLine.png

Dieseler
11-24-2009, 08:12 PM
LOL! Hilarious! Barhhhhhhhhhhhrrrr!

http://www.avestllc.com/images/stories/headerbust1-1.png http://www.avestllc.com/images/stories/headerbust2-2.png

That looks like something to mash unaware peoples fingers badly with lol.
Grab it up and take a whack and say I love Obama!
Instant bloody fucking mess!
Splayed fingers hanging at odd angles..
That is just for the ones you KNOW for Certain voted for him.
I wouldn't do that to any of you guys..

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Same process I use thereabouts. Seems to work more often than not. Some (not all) people just can't believe that Fox would lie to them. Not that we need to abandon the Constitution, or strengthen the PATRIOT Act, or attack more nations, they are pretty much with us on the policy points down the line, they just don't want to believe that their beloved Fox, their only source of 'truth' in this mad mad world, would actually lie to them. After all, then they would have nothing. If even Fox would lie to them, then who can they rely on to tell them the truth?

At that point, it turns into a downward spiral. It really helps that we've "been there, done that" because we can empathize.

I try to be careful not to attack Fox specifically. I'll go into how the media in general has been condensed down to only 6 conglomerates over the past 3 decades from about 250 owners and that how the monopoly has worked to the benefit of the gov't in forming our opinions, etc. etc.