PDA

View Full Version : DeVore fires back at Fiorina's 'white men' remark

bobbyw24
11-24-2009, 11:19 AM
DeVore fires back at Fiorina's 'white men' remark
By Jordan Fabian - 11/23/09 11:01 AM ET

California state Assemblyman Chuck DeVore (R) fired back at his U.S. Senate primary opponent Carly Fiorina (R) on Twitter today after she said she is the better candidate because she is a woman.

The former Hewlett Packard CEO also said she would make a better candidate because she is not a career politician.

DeVore, who is attempting to outflank Fiorina on the right, tweeted several responses to her comments Monday morning:

Fiorina at Mon. presser: "white guy" DeVore can't beat Boxer. I thought we moved beyond the politics of gender when Obama beat Clinton. #rs

RT @jeffemanuel: Forget the "white man" comment; big line from Fiorina's speech is where she calls @chuckdevore a "career politician" #rs

Fiorina: Chuck DeVore is a "career politician." By her definition my former boss, Ronald Reagan, would have been one. #tcot #GOP #rs #sgp

Fiorina called DeVore a "career politician" - I worked in the private sector for 13 years before being elected. Served in uniform. #tcot

DeVore, who represents parts of Orange County in the state assembly, enlisted in the Army Reserve in 1983 and retired in 2007. He was appointed by President Ronald Reagan as a Pentagon special assistant for foreign affairs in 1986.

He has attracted the support of many tea party activists and other conservative elements within the Republican Party.

Fiorina, who served as a top economic adviser to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), are competing to face Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) in 2010.

http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/69113-devore-fires-back-at-fiorinas-white-men-remark

Cowlesy
11-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Hell yeah...Chuck Devore baby!

Deborah K
11-24-2009, 12:01 PM
He NEEDS to push for a debate!