honkywill
10-03-2007, 07:14 AM
It's been 3 days.

uncloned21
10-03-2007, 07:18 AM
maybe theyre still....just....speechless

shrugged0106
10-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Checks mailed in on the 30th may not have arrived yet and certainly havnt been opened and counted if they have.

runderwo
10-03-2007, 07:23 AM
They also have to go through and make sure that no dolts like me accidentally contributed over the limit (when taken into account things bought at the store, sigh)

kylejack
10-03-2007, 07:24 AM
They're surely still opening mail. All that has to be added up, recorded, and rejected for people who sent too much. Give them some time. Word has it they were extremely busy opening mail at HQ.

pennycat
10-03-2007, 07:44 AM
All this talk about being 'busy at the office opening mail' and 'making sure the totals are right' misses the point. News happens on cycles. The last 48 hours was the time slot the media allots to news pertaining to 3 quarter fund-raising.

The difference in these envelopes and tabulations is in the scheme of things minor. Does anyone think that the media will react differently if we announce RP raised 4.1 million or 4.8 million?

I fear that by the time the campaign finally releases figures, the MSM will have moved on to more pressing issues. Another great opportunity missed.

steph3n
10-03-2007, 07:46 AM
no they continue reporting it on through oct 15th when the FEC releases.

It is a GOOD strategy they got out a 3 million figure to the press for estimate, it is going to be higher than that.

All this talk about being 'busy at the office opening mail' and 'making sure the totals are right' misses the point. News happens on cycles. The last 48 hours was the time slot the media allots to news pertaining to 3 quarter fund-raising.

The difference in these envelopes and tabulations is in the scheme of things minor. Does anyone think that the media will react differently if we announce RP raised 4.1 million or 4.8 million?

I fear that by the time the campaign finally releases figures, the MSM will have moved on to more pressing issues. Another great opportunity missed.

tmg19103
10-03-2007, 07:52 AM
I'd announce Fri morning. Get some good PR going to the weekend and contact the Sunday morning network political shows and hope they will have RP on. You can then do the cable shows Fri or Monday. This will be a great lead-in to the Tuesday debate, which will hopefully get RP better facetime and more fair questions at the debate now that he is "legit" (not that he ever was not). Kind of weird the debate is at 4pm on a Tuesday. I hope CNBC replays it prime time.

Marshall
10-03-2007, 07:54 AM
I'd announce Fri morning. Get some good PR going to the weekend and contact the Sunday morning network poticial shows and hope they will have RP on. You can than do the cable shows Fri or Monday. This will be a great lead-in to the Tuesday debate, which will hopefully get RP better facetime and more fair questions at the debate. Kind of weird the debate is at 4pm on a Tuesday. I hope CNBC replays it prime time.

They're going to replay it at 9 PM EST

uncloned21
10-03-2007, 07:55 AM
They're going to replay it at 9 PM EST

replay will be on MSNBC

kylejack
10-03-2007, 07:56 AM

Relax. They obsess about numbers for about 2 and a half weeks until the official FEC numbers are released.

wgadget
10-03-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm waiting, too, for the amount these other clowns have SPENT in the third quarter. Cash on hand, baby...