PDA

View Full Version : You can die for oil in the Coast Guard too...

Reason
11-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Trying to convince a loved one not to join the Coast Guard right now...

So sad... :(

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/nbbruckenthal.htm

Kotin
11-24-2009, 02:56 AM
my brother is thinking of joining the coast guard as well..

have any good arguments against it that I could use??

Reason
11-24-2009, 04:00 AM
my brother is thinking of joining the coast guard as well..

have any good arguments against it that I could use??

He will be indoctrinated, injected, cataloged, used, etc...

The Coast guard is playing a massively active role around the world in foreign ports for security.

The guy from the link above died guarding oil by a suicide bomber on a boat.

Petty Officer 3rd Class Nathan B. Bruckenthal, 24, who was based out of Coast Guard Air Station Miami, died in an explosion Saturday when an unidentified boat he was attempting to board blew up. It was Bruckenthal's second tour in Iraq and he was 30 days from returning home.

"He was a very fun-loving boy," said Bruckenthal's father, Ric Bruckenthal, of Northport, New York. "He was always a happy child and he turned into a happy young adult. We're very proud of what Nathan did."

Bruckenthal, who left a pregnant wife behind, was one of three servicemen who died during an attack on two oil terminals in the northern Arabian Gulf.

According to the Coast Guard, Bruckenthal was part of a seven-member Coast Guard and U.S. Navy boarding team that was approaching an unidentified dhow, a small boat often used for fishing in the Gulf, when the dhow exploded as it approached the Khawr Al Amaya Oil Terminal.

About 20 minutes later, two smaller speedboats approached the Al Basrah Oil Terminal and also exploded as security teams tried to intercept them.

Two sailors were also killed, Petty Officer 1st Class Michael J. Pernaselli, a 27-year-old boatswain's mate from Monroe, New York, and Petty Officer 2nd Class Christopher E. Watts, a 28-year-old signalman from Knoxville, Tennessee.