PDA

View Full Version : This might seem petty, but it erks me.

Seanmc30
11-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Can we get RP some well tailored suits? Almost half of the media interviews I see his jacket is spread way out over his shoulders instead of riding up close to his shirt collar.

Again, I am aware how crazy mentioning this might sound, but as I said... it gets to me a little. When we are talking about someone who is in the running for the hearts and minds of the American public, presenting yourself well is a major factor in earning them.

angelatc
11-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Erks irks me.

revolutionary8
11-23-2009, 11:08 PM
The Erker- a new breed of irky people.
:rolleyes:

It amazes me how much people tend to focus on clothes and shoes, and what have ya- it's no wonder that we are a society "dressed" by TMZ.
Ron Paul looks great. I only hope that I look as good as he does at his age- MORESO, I hope to know about a quarter of what he has forgotten about economics alone.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-23-2009, 11:11 PM
YouTube - The Urkel Dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncw70Hw1ffs)

you've been Urked

BuddyRey
11-24-2009, 12:21 AM
I'd rather know that he's being principled and acting conservatively with all that money we gave him last year (which I know he is!) than seeing him immaculately dressed like a typical politician.

RP's such a real guy - such a genuine article - that he could be wearing a musty old potato sack while delivering interviews and I'd never even notice.

Kludge
11-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Ron was in a fantastic light suit one time, I recall. Idunno what happened to it, but he looked great.

revolutionary8
11-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Ron was in a fantastic light suit one time, I recall. Idunno what happened to it, but he looked great.

http://www.theghozt.net/offsite/Tron-Paul_2.jpg

MelissaWV
11-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Erks irks me.

You beat me to it. You absolutely and entirely stole my thunder :(

Working Poor
11-24-2009, 06:56 AM
I love Ron's message but I tend to be a person who listens rather than looks. Being somewhat visually impaired I don't believe my eyes as much as I believe my ears.

Look is very important for a person on TV. I do believe many people saw a disheveled old man and could not hear what he was saying because of what they "saw".

I believe one of the main reasons he did not get more votes is because people in general were not visually impressed with him. His eye brows in the debate was all people saw. They looked uneven and shaggy. When someone is on tv even the best looking people need make up to look right to the camera unless the shot is taken from a distance. I still get mad that the make up people never did anything about his brow.

I agree with the OP Ron needs to wear better fitting suits if he is to be taken seriously and if he intends to run for President again. Face reality and know what we are dealing with...

Todd
11-24-2009, 07:15 AM
I love Ron's message but I tend to be a person who listens rather than looks. .

We are in the minority. For most people, it's more about presentation.

I'll never forget what a friend of mine said about Paul.

"Paul seems whimpy and whiney.......and I don't want a wimpy President".

Yeah, it's pathetic, but that's how most people have been socialized to see politics.

SelfTaught
11-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Can we get RP some well tailored suits? Almost half of the media interviews I see his jacket is spread way out over his shoulders instead of riding up close to his shirt collar.

Again, I am aware how crazy mentioning this might sound, but as I said... it gets to me a little. When we are talking about someone who is in the running for the hearts and minds of the American public, presenting yourself well is a major factor in earning them.

Oh my GOD!!! I have thought the same thing during many of his interviews.

Get the man a tailor. Many of you might think it's petty, but if you're going to wear suits, you should get a tailor to adjust them so everything looks sharp.

NYgs23
11-24-2009, 09:06 AM
He should wear a sackcloth, like an Old Testament prophet.

Seanmc30
11-24-2009, 09:22 AM
I love Ron's message but I tend to be a person who listens rather than looks. Being somewhat visually impaired I don't believe my eyes as much as I believe my ears.

Look is very important for a person on TV. I do believe many people saw a disheveled old man and could not hear what he was saying because of what they "saw".

I believe one of the main reasons he did not get more votes is because people in general were not visually impressed with him. His eye brows in the debate was all people saw. They looked uneven and shaggy. When someone is on tv even the best looking people need make up to look right to the camera unless the shot is taken from a distance. I still get mad that the make up people never did anything about his brow.

I agree with the OP Ron needs to wear better fitting suits if he is to be taken seriously and if he intends to run for President again. Face reality and know what we are dealing with...

This

My point was that, as much as we would like to believe and hope our country does not judge people based on looks, that's not the world we live in.

Mini-Me
11-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Sigh...

Like most of us here, I disagree with Seanmc30, in the sense that I don't personally notice or care what Ron Paul looks like to the fashion-conscious. I wish I could just say, "Shallow people can screw themselves."

Here's the problem though: Seanmc30 is "right," in the sense that a lot of people will agree with him, and we need every vote we can get. Remember all of the old grandmas that voted for Bill Clinton because he was so charming and handsome? That's the kind of voter mentality we're up against. Many voters are quite shallow, and as much as I DESPISE the notion that it would help, it probably would help for Ron to get some tailored suits and Hollywood-style prep-work done before appearances. :(

SelfTaught
11-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Maybe we should get Peter Schiff to help him out.

C'mon people. Let's make the old man look like a pimp.:D

Seanmc30
11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Sigh...

Like most of us here, I disagree with Seanmc30, in the sense that I don't personally notice or care what Ron Paul looks like to the fashion-conscious. I wish I could just say, "Shallow people can screw themselves."

Here's the problem though: Seanmc30 is "right," in the sense that a lot of people will agree with him, and we need every vote we can get. Remember all of the old grandmas that voted for Bill Clinton because he was so charming and handsome? That's the kind of voter mentality we're up against. Many voters are quite shallow, and as much as I DESPISE the notion that it would help, it probably would help for Ron to get some tailored suits and Hollywood-style prep-work done before appearances. :(

This is one of the reasons peter schiff may have a bright future ahead of him. Except if his predictions about the economy are correct, it may not matter who our politicians are anymore.

Eric21ND
11-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Ron is an off the rack sorta guy. I doubt he'll travel to Milan for a tailored suit.

MelissaWV
11-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Ron is an off the rack sorta guy. I doubt he'll travel to Milan for a tailored suit.

You don't need to go to Milan. You just need to go to a tailor. Get your regular suit off the rack, then spend a little time and comparitively little money to have it tailored. It doesn't have to be silk or whatever else, but it should at least fit.

*shrugs* It honestly doesn't matter to me whether he looks pretty or not, but the implication that it's hoity toity to have a tailored suit isn't going to hit the mark.

Imperial
11-24-2009, 02:06 PM

This sounds slightly like a man-crush.

mczerone
11-24-2009, 11:39 PM
I'd rather know that he's being principled and acting conservatively with all that money we gave him last year (which I know he is!) than seeing him immaculately dressed like a typical politician.

RP's such a real guy - such a genuine article - that he could be wearing a musty old potato sack while delivering interviews and I'd never even notice.

Human interaction dictates that it is worth a couple thousand to look great all the time as a professional politician. It's about earning more donations than the cost is worth, because as petty as it is many people make their decisions on petty things.

FrankRep
11-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Crap, no wonder he lost the Republican Nomination!

:(

Shimpchip
11-25-2009, 12:24 AM
They hate us not for our freedoms, but for our suits!