PDA

View Full Version : How do we treat HR 3996? A bitter-sweet bill

Free Moral Agent
11-23-2009, 04:45 PM
As long as nothing in the bill nullifies the audit, its probably best we not attack nor promote 3996 and see what happens? In the mean time we can always keep soliciting reps to co-sponsor 1207.

I wonder if the fact that its been attached will change the minds of co-sponsors and none co-sponsors alike. If not for Grayson or Frank being initial supporters it probably wouldn't of gotten to this tipping point, but without Republican support it would of never garnered a 2/3 majority. I just don't see it getting passed any other way, and in the best of situations I'm sure RP expected this to happen. Suggestions?

malkusm
11-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Is the bill in any way unconstitutional?
[ ] Yes [ ] No

Does the bill violate property rights or restrict individual liberties?
[ ] Yes [ ] No

Does the bill make the government bigger, either in actual size or in scope of power?
[ ] Yes [ ] No

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, just vote no.

ctiger2
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Ron already stated he's going to vote against this bill even though it has 1207 attached to it.

Free Moral Agent
11-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm aware of that and I wouldn't of expected anything less from him, but what should be the next legislative action we should be focusing on in regards to the Fed?

rp08orbust
11-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm aware of that and I wouldn't of expected anything less from him, but what should be the next legislative action we should be focusing on in regards to the Fed?

Getting more co-sponsors for S 604. The same amendment must be attached to whatever the Senate passes for the one in the house to have done any good.