PDA

View Full Version : Sign this petition to keep me in the Republican Party

Matt Collins
11-23-2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keepmattcollins/index.html

Matt Collins
11-23-2009, 02:46 PM
For those of you unaware tomorrow night (Tue 11/24/09) the Republican Party is attempting to kick me out as 1st Vice Chair of the Nashville GOP.

Here is the back story:

[/URL]http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/28/davidson-county-gop-moves-to-oust-ron-paul-supporting-vice-chair/ (http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/28/davidson-county-gop-moves-to-oust-ron-paul-supporting-vice-chair/)
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/20/beaman/ (http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/20/beaman/)
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/01/libertarian-blogger-extropolates-that-talk-radio-host-supports-embattled-davidson-county-gop-vice-chair/ (http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/01/libertarian-blogger-extropolates-that-talk-radio-host-supports-embattled-davidson-county-gop-vice-chair/)
[URL]http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/29/tea-party-leader-to-dcrp-your-committee-owes-an-apology/ (http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/29/tea-party-leader-to-dcrp-your-committee-owes-an-apology/)

LibertyEagle
11-23-2009, 02:47 PM
So it's not to keep you in the Republican party, as the title says, it is for you to keep your Vice Chair position. Correct? Because I wasn't aware of anyone being able to kick you out of a political party.

jclay2
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM
signed

Oyate
11-23-2009, 02:59 PM
done

Romulus
11-23-2009, 03:05 PM
wait.. republicans can kick you out? Does that mean we can kick THEM out?? and by THEM i mean the NEOCONS.

Elwar
11-23-2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.lptn.org

LittleLightShining
11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Whereas: Matt Collin is the least vicious and the most virtuous of patriots where the advancement of liberty is concerned, therefore

Wait... what? That's a little self-aggrandizing even for you, Matt :P

Elwar
11-23-2009, 03:22 PM

I thought I was the least vicious.

heavenlyboy34
11-23-2009, 03:23 PM
signed. Hope this helps somehow. :)

LittleLightShining
I thought I was the least vicious.

I thought I was the most virtuous :D

Cowlesy

Oh that is just precious.

P.S. I think the petition should say "Matt CollinS" not "Matt Collin."

W. E. Messamore
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM

Lol- he didn't write it. I did. And I believe that if zeal in the defense of liberty is the measure of vice or virtue, that Matt Collins is among the most virtuous. Knowing and working with him personally here in Tennessee, I can say first hand he is one of our state's truest patriots.

BlackTerrel
11-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Done my friend.

Matt Collins
11-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Wait... what? That's a little self-aggrandizing even for you, Matt :PI wasn't the one who authored it:)

LittleLightShining
11-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Lol- he didn't write it. I did. And I believe that if zeal in the defense of liberty is the measure of vice or virtue, that Matt Collins is among the most virtuous. Knowing and working with him personally here in Tennessee, I can say first hand he is one of our state's truest patriots.That's a fine testimony right there :)

I wasn't the one who authored it:)

As I have learned, Matt. Keep fighting the good fight.

Matt Collins
11-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Lol- he didn't write it. I did. And I believe that if zeal in the defense of liberty is the measure of vice or virtue, that Matt Collins is among the most virtuous. Knowing and working with him personally here in Tennessee, I can say first hand he is one of our state's truest patriots.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

dannno
11-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Signed

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-23-2009, 06:37 PM
signed. lucky number seven...ty.

SL89
11-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Signed

Matt Collins
11-23-2009, 07:29 PM
This has apparently already made the local press:
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/23/save-ferris/

notice the comments on that link.

Paul Revered
11-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Done

I left this comment.
--------------------------
I am becoming very disappointed with what I've been seeing from the GOP lately. I have been a Republican since I turned 18, and have voted in every election for about 30 years. If these tactics of removing Ron Paul Republicans from our party continues; I will join those who are leaving.
---------------------------

Now I'm going to make this petition go viral!

Old Ducker
11-23-2009, 07:41 PM
signed. good luck!

Badger Paul
11-23-2009, 08:25 PM
You should get Rep. Duncan to give you an endorsement.

bunklocoempire
11-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Signed. :)

Bunkloco

jmdrake
11-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Signed it. Made a video response too.

http://jaycut.com/mix/107450/preview

Note: Jaycut.com is a cool site. It's like YouTube only it lets you edit your videos online.

PreDeadMan
11-23-2009, 09:25 PM
I signed it

StudentForPaul08
11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
signed! Idk if ir will help but better to do something than nothing,

Original_Intent
11-23-2009, 09:38 PM
signed. if they do oust you should say well are you guys at least going to take me out to dinner and a movie?? Because I think that is ONLY PROPER WHEN SOMEONE IS TRYING TO DO SEX TO ME! :D

Original_Intent
11-23-2009, 09:41 PM
I wasn't the one who authored it:)

Ghost writer!

TruckinMike
11-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Signed.

james1906
11-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Signed.

Let me also say the Tom Collins is the least vicious and most virtuous of libations. The gin and tonic I am enjoying now is close, but no cigar.

amy31416
11-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Not signed. I think you make your own bed and should lie in it.

I predict that if the libertarian party goes anywhere, Matt Collins will be at the forefront of corrupting it. A Karl Rove, Jr., with less intelligence, twice the ego and 0.5% of the savvy.

But that's just my opinion.

Reason
11-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Not signed. I think you make your own bed and should lie in it.

I predict that if the libertarian party goes anywhere, Matt Collins will be at the forefront of corrupting it. A Karl Rove, Jr., with less intelligence, twice the ego and 0.5% of the savvy.

Matt Collins
11-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Not signed. I think you make your own bed and should lie in it.You do realize I have broken no rules of the Party, right?

Why the attack? Why the hate? :confused::(

Matt Collins
11-24-2009, 12:26 AM

Paul Revered
11-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Bump

RonPaulFanInGA
11-24-2009, 11:45 AM
So are you getting booted tonight or not Collins? Do you have a sense of how this vote is going to go?

MelissaWV
11-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I'd sign it if, just for my own curiosity, someone would tell me what percentage of threads started by Matt Collins... are about Matt Collins :p

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
11-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm signing against it. The Republicans, just like the Democrats, are not American at all, but foreign entities set on manipulating the American people in some way or fashion. Since it was the truth that set us free, we American people need no further manipulation; rather, we need only return to that truth which was declared self-evident and unalienable. This is the true source of this rich nations wealth, prosperity, and happiness.
Just consider how the leaders in foreign nations are no worse or better than our leaders; how the lawyers here aren't any better than foreign ones (God forbid!); and, how the business executives here aren't any better than the business executives in Mexico?
The difference in us and them is in the Civil Purpose we inherited from our Christian Founding Fathers.

Matt Collins
11-24-2009, 12:43 PM
So are you getting booted tonight or not Collins? Do you have a sense of how this vote is going to go?I'll tell you in about 12 hours. ;)

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2009, 12:46 PM
As a County GOP Vice Chair myself, I am horrified to see another Republican organization work to remove a principled Republican in order to demonstrate an effective lack of principles. Did we as a party learn nothing from our thrashing of 2008? Alexander Hamilton said, "Those who stand for nothing fall for anything" and Ronald Reagan said, "No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." We, as a party, must heed the sagacious advice of Hamilton and Reagan, and reject this notion of discarding our best and brightest weapons in the arsenal of freedom.

hope it helps. 8-)

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I'd sign it if, just for my own curiosity, someone would tell me what percentage of threads started by Matt Collins... are about Matt Collins :p

Yeah, that's why I have not really participated heretofore. But on this point I will, and I have. It is important to stand up for the principles of Robert Taft, and to register our objection to the leftward slide of the Republican party, if only to be seen by history as one who objected to the downfall of America.

AuH20
11-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Did Matt try to contact Steele? He seems like a pretty reasonable guy or is this matter strictly local in nature? You would think the national chairman would have some pull.

nobody's_hero
11-24-2009, 03:08 PM
What are the odds of a mass exodus from the Davidson County GOP if you get booted, Matt?

I keep getting wonderful mental pictures of a few committee members presiding over a room of empty chairs. :D

Matt Collins
11-24-2009, 05:28 PM
What are the odds of a mass exodus from the Davidson County GOP if you get booted, Matt? Given the comments on petition site it seems likely.

Matt Collins
11-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Did Matt try to contact Steele? He seems like a pretty reasonable guy or is this matter strictly local in nature? You would think the national chairman would have some pull.Doubtful. He backed the guy who purged people like us in Florida (Jim Greer RP-FL chair). In fact he appointed him to the rules committee of the RNC.

speciallyblend
11-24-2009, 07:18 PM
anyword on the failed gop leaderships actions yet? on matt collins?? the gop is treading on thin ice. being a republican, trying to convert a neo-con republican is like trying to get a nazi to marry a jew!

Danke
11-24-2009, 07:33 PM
anyword on the failed gop leaderships actions yet? on matt collins?? the gop is treading on thin ice. being a republican, trying to convert a neo-con republican is like trying to get a nazi to marry a jew!

What happen to the Avatar?

dannno
11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Ya that was like the best avatar ever.

speciallyblend
11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
What happen to the Avatar?

i deleted all my info on profile. lower profile i guess, anyword on matt collins. my political registration and my familys depends on the GOP actions!

LibertyEagle
11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
i deleted all my info of profile. lower profile i guess, anyword on matt collins. my political registration and my familys depends on the GOP actions!

With all the times you've said f**k the GOP and other colorful things on this site, I figured you'd pitched your GOP membership a LONG time ago.

speciallyblend
11-24-2009, 07:48 PM
With all the times you've said f**k the GOP and other colorful things on this site, I figured you'd pitched your GOP membership a LONG time ago.

about to ditch rpf to maybe,since they seem to be like the gop as well. if they want perfection they should run god 2012

speciallyblend
11-24-2009, 07:50 PM

i have every right to say f the gop. i have been involved from local to state. the gop deserves exactly what they are getting nothing. I have seen corruption lies and unethical moves by the coloradogop. i have every right to tell the gop to suck my c__k

i will never forget the corruption at local and state level from the coloradogop! from caucus to convention. the gop is the one digging the hole not me. soon you will see some big news from lake county colorado, no thanks to the gop!

speciallyblend
11-24-2009, 07:53 PM
i just want to know what they have done with matt collins! to be honest the only politics that counts for me now is Colorado and if the coloradogop wants to be part of colorados future .that is upto them not me!

LibertyEagle
11-24-2009, 07:59 PM
i have every right to say f the gop. i have been involved from local to state. the gop deserves exactly what they are getting nothing. I have seen corruption lies and unethical moves by the coloradogop. i have every right to tell the gop to suck my c__k

i will never forget the corruption at local and state level from the coloradogop! from caucus to convention. the gop is the one digging the hole not me. soon you will see some big news from lake county colorado, no thanks to the gop!

I never said you didn't. Calm the f**k down. Geez.

speciallyblend
11-24-2009, 08:03 PM
I never said you didn't. Calm the f**k down. Geez.

sorry i have had it up to here with the gop . i have alot i am dealing with outside of rpf/gop. to much to bother with here. The gop brings the anger out of me as a republican. i think they should outlaw the gop . it is a risk to a persons health and well being!

speciallyblend
11-24-2009, 08:12 PM
shouldn't the gop trial be over with already? or is the gop arguing to have a military tribunal?? Liberty Eagle, i have no idea why i haven't left the gop yet. i guess i hope Ron paul will wake up the deaf dumb and blind?

speciallyblend
11-24-2009, 08:23 PM
What are the odds of a mass exodus from the Davidson County GOP if you get booted, Matt?

I keep getting wonderful mental pictures of a few committee members presiding over a room of empty chairs. :D

you have been to a colorado gop meeting?? i guess that image is true for many gop meetings.

any news on matt collins verdict yet??

the gop will not win elections without us. it might take a few more loses before they figure it out. they still haven't figured out they lost the last election at their own state conventions!!

LibertyEagle
11-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Given the comments on petition site it seems likely.

Matt, isn't that site open to anyone and everyone; including the comments section? What makes you think that the Davidson county GOP even knows about that petition site, much less commented on it?

jake
11-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Matt, isn't that site open to anyone and everyone; including the comments section? What makes you think that the Davidson county GOP even knows about that petition site, much less commented on it?

I was wondering this too

Umbro2914
11-24-2009, 09:45 PM
only thing that worries me: a comment from an article on Matt

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/28/davidson-county-gop-moves-to-oust-ron-paul-supporting-vice-chair/

JohnnyC writes
October 29th, 2009 8:20 pm
I was first excited to hear that Ron Paul liberarians were making moves to impact the DCRP with a young energetic man named Matt Collins. Then I started learning about Matt Collins; sadly, he is too arrogant, closed minded, and ineffectual to lead anything. Good idea, wrong person.

speciallyblend
11-24-2009, 10:29 PM
ok , i bet they somehow silenced him and he will not be able to tell us what happened but he retained his position. very odd that we have no word on the outcome! they still waterboarding him??

Matt Collins
11-25-2009, 12:37 AM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/24/davidson-county-gop-ousts-controversial-vice-chair/

Matt Collins
11-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Here is the scoop (for now anyway):
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/24/davidson-county-gop-ousts-controversial-vice-chair/

Matt Collins
11-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Because the petition made the local press ;)

See this:
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/23/save-ferris/

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 11:58 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2427953

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 12:00 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2427953

dude58677
11-26-2009, 03:52 PM

Aholes!:mad:

Matt Collins
11-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Aholes!:mad:
Some of them yes, others are just ignorant cretins. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
11-30-2009, 10:42 AM
The petition had about 500+ signatures in less than 24 hours (during a holiday week)

LibertyEagle
11-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Are you bumping these threads about you for a particular reason, Matt?

Matt Collins
11-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Are you bumping these threads about you for a particular reason, Matt?No, but it's at a point where the media attention is about to really ratchet up.

rockandrollsouls
11-30-2009, 08:36 PM
No, but it's at a point where the media attention is about to really ratchet up.

You do realize that ipetitions aren't really valid, right? Not trying to undermine your cause, but I think you should be aware of it.

speciallyblend
11-30-2009, 11:56 PM
You do realize that ipetitions aren't really valid, right? Not trying to undermine your cause, but I think you should be aware of it.

valid 1. Well grounded; just: a valid objection.
2. Producing the desired results; efficacious: valid methods.
3. Having legal force; effective or binding: a valid title.
4. Logic
a. Containing premises from which the conclusion may logically be derived: a valid argument.
b. Correctly inferred or deduced from a premise: a valid conclusion.
5. Archaic Of sound health; robust.

comparing valid to what? the gop vs a ipetition?? or against the gop platform, all of a sudden the ipetition seems more valid then the gop leadership when applying multiple definitions of valid.

credibility is another definition reputation impacting one's ability to be believed
After weeks of blowing smoke, her(insert gop leadership) credibility with me was next to nil.

(legal) Whether or not a witness is being truthful.

The primary measure of credibility is whether the testimony is probable or improbable when judged by common experience

all of a sudden the ipetitions seem to have more credibility then the gop and are more valid then the gop, just a thought(sarcasm maybe).

Matt Collins
12-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah - my point of getting that going (although I'm not the one who authored it) was to see how many people would sign it within 24 hours. Being a holiday week only about 500+ did.

rockandrollsouls
12-01-2009, 11:08 AM
valid 1. Well grounded; just: a valid objection.
2. Producing the desired results; efficacious: valid methods.
3. Having legal force; effective or binding: a valid title.
4. Logic
a. Containing premises from which the conclusion may logically be derived: a valid argument.
b. Correctly inferred or deduced from a premise: a valid conclusion.
5. Archaic Of sound health; robust.

comparing valid to what? the gop vs a ipetition?? or against the gop platform, all of a sudden the ipetition seems more valid then the gop leadership when applying multiple definitions of valid.

credibility is another definition reputation impacting one's ability to be believed
After weeks of blowing smoke, her(insert gop leadership) credibility with me was next to nil.

(legal) Whether or not a witness is being truthful.

The primary measure of credibility is whether the testimony is probable or improbable when judged by common experience

all of a sudden the ipetitions seem to have more credibility then the gop and are more valid then the gop, just a thought(sarcasm maybe).

You know what it means. Don't be smart.

Incase you really don't, I meant it's not meaningful to the establishment. It's not official. Anyone can put in a name and an email.

Elwar
12-01-2009, 11:21 AM
signed

j/k

speciallyblend
12-01-2009, 11:42 AM
You know what it means. Don't be smart.

Incase you really don't, I meant it's not meaningful to the establishment. It's not official. Anyone can put in a name and an email.

i know;) i was just being sarcastic. just thought it was funny.