PDA

View Full Version : Giant banner of Obama as the Joker angers NAACP

parocks
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM

Not everyone agrees. Some who showed up here say the sign is a reflection of outrage by the American people who are unhappy with President Obama.

"I don't think it's racial at all. I think the administration is a joke and that's the theme behind the picture," said Frank Singleton.

The owner of the club did issue a statement, which in part says, "Anyone who believes this banner is racist is an ignoramus. And just because the president is part black doesn't mean he can't be criticized."

http://www.thegrio.com/2009/09/banner-of-obama-as-the-joker-from-batman-angers-naacp.php

catdd
11-22-2009, 06:17 PM
+1

tonesforjonesbones
11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
the owner is right..the race card is used to shut down dissent. tones

Reason
11-23-2009, 12:50 AM
ignoramus' indeed

dr. hfn
11-23-2009, 01:25 AM
I hope the ACLU defends the banner...

Promontorium
11-23-2009, 04:24 AM
It's 100% more racist to call it racist.

You have to have the racist mindset to look at something so flagrantly a reference to a movie villain, and conclude, ALL PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT ARE BEING INSULTED.

coyote_sprit
11-23-2009, 04:32 AM
It's 100% more racist to call it racist.

You have to have the racist mindset to look at something so flagrantly a reference to a movie villain, and conclude, ALL PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT ARE BEING INSULTED.

100% more racist would still not be racist because this thing isn't racist at all, and therefore a 100% increase would have no effect on 0, just saying...

fisharmor
11-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Not everybody knows who the joker is, people. Step outside the dork knight mindset for a second.

You have to realize that they're probably seeing this as a statement of a black dude wearing whiteface. It's pretty much the exact reverse of a white guy wearing blackface.

Not that I'm defending the people who take issue with it: I'm reminded of the video a couple months ago where a Fairfax County cop in Virginia (black, of course) outright told a protester that yes, he was deciding the law right then and there and he had to put his joker sign away. It seemed ridiculous at the time, but when you really think about it, how are people who don't know anything about Batman supposed to read this?

lynnf
11-23-2009, 06:53 AM
http://newsbusters.org/static/2009/08/Obama%20Joker%20Poster%20Popping%20Up%20In%20Los%2 0Angeles.jpg

you mean like this one?

bouwahahahahaha.....

lynn

NYgs23
11-23-2009, 07:28 AM
http://declubz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/bush-joke.jpg

RACISM!!!

jmdrake
11-23-2009, 09:12 AM
My comment:

I am African American. And the NAACP does not speak for me. They quit speaking for me when they gave "image awards" to suspected pedophiles like Michael Jackson and R. Kelly. Obama is a joke. He's done nothing to help black people. His health "scare" plan will enslave black people. He's sending more black people to war to fight to make rich people richer. He's no better than Bush. And the New Yorker had a cover with Bush as the joker. Nobody called that "racist" or "hateful" or anything else. And what about Jesse Jackson saying that he wanted to "cut Obama's nuts off"? Imagine if a WHITE person had said that! Yet Jesse Jackson is back in the news trying to tell congressmen that they aren't "black" if they don't vote the way he thinks they should on health-care. The NAACP should be protesting Jesse Jackson.