PDA

View Full Version : Evangelicals are gonna have a fit when they find out that Palin did this...

sofia
11-22-2009, 12:43 AM
A key part of Sarah's phony act involves her holier-than-thou Christianity and her "100% pro-life" stand...... as an appeal to the millions of Evangelicals who adore her.

Do these people know that she ignored the please of a pro-family group, and appointed a judge to Alaska Supreme Court who was a Board member of Planned Parenthood????

What a phony....

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/141788.php

Alaska Gov. Palin Appoints Former Planned Parenthood Board Member To State Supreme Court

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) recently appointed Anchorage Superior Court Judge Morgan Christen, who once served on the board of Planned Parenthood, to the state's Supreme Court, the AP/Anchorage Daily News reports. According to the AP/Daily News, Palin's selection went against the advice of the Alaska Family Council -- a conservative group that opposes abortion rights -- who said that Christen was the more liberal of the governor's two choices for the vacant position. The two candidates were recommended by the Alaska Judicial Council, an independent citizen's commission that evaluates judicial appointments for the governor.

AFC said the other candidate, Palmer Superior Court Judge Eric Smith, would be more likely "to turn back the tide of activism" on issues like abortion rights. According to the group, Christen is more likely to side with justices who struck down laws like a 2006 measure requiring girls 16 years and younger to obtain parental consent to receive an abortion. According to the AP/Daily News, the state legislature currently is considering a similar parental consent bill. The current bill includes a provision allowing a minor to petition a superior court judge to bypass parental consent.

Palin, who opposes abortion rights, said she has "every confidence that [Christen] has the experience, intellect, wisdom and character to be an outstanding Supreme Court justice." Christen served on the Planned Parenthood board in the 1990s before the organization began performing abortions in Alaska in 2003, according to the AP/Daily News. According to the AP/Daily News, Christen will be the second woman to serve on the state's high court -- current Chief Justice Dana Fabe was appointed in 1996 (Sutton, AP/Anchorage Daily News, 3/6).

Reprinted with kind permission from http://www.nationalpartnership.org. You can view the entire Daily Women's Health Policy Report, search the archives, or sign up for email delivery here. The Daily Women's Health Policy Report is a free service of the National Partnership for Women & Families, published by The Advisory Board Company.

© 2009 The Advisory Board Company. All rights reserved.

Please rate this article:
(Hover over the stars
then click to rate) Patient / Public:
12345 or Health Professional:

sofia
11-22-2009, 12:59 AM
And here's another story of Palin now ignoring conservative Alaska Family Group now that she is big time!

Evangelicals are always played for chumps by Repubs.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/912369.html

jmdrake
11-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Interesting...... Maybe she resigned so she could sell her books before the suckers found out?

sofia
11-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Interesting...... Maybe she resigned so she could sell her books before the suckers found out?

it wouldnt surprise me if she does NOT run.......imagine playing millions of Sarah-bots fools and just using them for book sales!

Working Poor
11-22-2009, 06:09 AM
And here's another story of Palin now ignoring conservative Alaska Family Group now that she is big time!

Evangelicals are always played for chumps by Repubs.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/912369.html

Dear Evangelicals,

Please follow your real leader in case you don't know who that is it is Jesus not palin or huckabee. Anyone can quote scripture. Is the WORD really in their DNA? Discern.

nobody's_hero
11-22-2009, 06:26 AM
See what I mean?

Working Poor
11-22-2009, 06:36 AM
See what I mean?

no:p

FrankRep
11-22-2009, 07:09 AM
I put it on my Facebook page.

moostraks
11-22-2009, 07:16 AM
They will rationalize it. It is all the followers of either party do for the media whores of the moment. Huckabee was a pathetic icon of inconsistency, but he was a pastor, so the thinking goes.

Most Christians, in my experience, lack true discernment.

jmdrake
11-22-2009, 07:18 AM
See what I mean?

Not really. :rolleyes: This isn't a simple "let's hate on Sarah Palin" thread. It's a thread that exposes who Sarah Palin really is. It's not another "boy that Sarah Palin really is dumb" post.

Here's the problem that you and others seem not to realize. Sarah Palin did NOT create the anti Obama backlash nor has she truly be a leader of it. But she and other neocons are trying to capitalize on it. For instance, at one Tea Party I attended they played a pre recorded message from Newt "I cut a climate change commercial with Nancy Pelosi" Gingrich*. There are two problems from this.

1) It hurts our outreach to independents (the swing voters that everyone needs so bad) to see hypocrites being passed off as conservatives.

2) If the backlash against Obama gives the country back to the neocons we really haven't gained anything.

Some are worried about turning off Palin supporters. I'm not. I think the bigger danger is that they stick so wedded to Palin that they follow her like lemmings in 2012 when she endorses Huckabee. She's not going to endorse Ron Paul who already dismissed her as a "country club republican". More importantly she and Paul simply don't agree on that much. Huckabee might be able to overlook Palin's appointment of an activist pro-abortion judge (although that will be hard for him too) since he and Palin agree on just about everything else.

I think the best thing to do is to take the information to the talk shows. Don't say "I'm a Ron Paul supporter" or even "Sarah Palin is a bad person". Just raise the issue and let the host and audience deal with it.

Regards,

John M. Drake

*Thankfully Newt's effectively neutralized by the Dede Scozzafava debacle.

jmdrake
11-22-2009, 07:26 AM
They will rationalize it. It is all the followers of either party do for the media whores of the moment. Huckabee was a pathetic icon of inconsistency, but he was a pastor, so the thinking goes.

Most Christians, in my experience, lack true discernment.

Scary but possibly true. Pat Robertson still has an audience after he went on record defenn'ding forced abortion (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0104/16/wbr.00.html) in China. :eek: Then again I bet most Christians don't know about this. I certainly didn't until I heard Alex Jones mention it. And I didn't believe him until I looked it up for myself. Maybe it's as simple as getting the word out? Sure Huckabee was inconsistent on things like taxes, immigration and big government, but those aren't the same type of moral issues that abortion is. (I have to qualify my statement here because I know some will say "taxes are immoral", but that's not the kind of thing you hear preached each week.) Had Huckabee done something like this and had it been raised in the campaign it would have taken some of the shine off him for sure. (Pat Robertson wasn't running for anything we he made his forced abortion gaff).

TruckinMike
11-22-2009, 07:27 AM
...Evangelicals are always played for chumps by Repubs.

Thats because most every person whether they are Christian, atheist, Buddhist, agnostic, lesbian, or global warming fanatic --- most people "project" their own beliefs onto others.

ie- If a Christian finds out a politician is Christian, he naturally assumes that he is honest.(and there are good examples to substantiate that position) --- Projection

ie - If a thief hears that a politician is Christian, he naturally assumes that he is a thief. (and there are good examples to substantiate that position) --- Projection

Many people come to the conclusion that best fits themselves. And yes, even Christians with all of the great teachings of the Bible succumb to the pretty little words of the lying dogs that we call politicians. --- People hear what they want to hear.

1 Thessalonians 5:21
"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." ...A bit of Paul's teaching to the Thessalonians.

Good advice for all.

TMike

Working Poor
11-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Many false Christs will rise....

moostraks
11-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Scary but possibly true. Pat Robertson still has an audience after he went on record defenn'ding forced abortion (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0104/16/wbr.00.html) in China. :eek: Then again I bet most Christians don't know about this. I certainly didn't until I heard Alex Jones mention it. And I didn't believe him until I looked it up for myself. Maybe it's as simple as getting the word out? Sure Huckabee was inconsistent on things like taxes, immigration and big government, but those aren't the same type of moral issues that abortion is. (I have to qualify my statement here because I know some will say "taxes are immoral", but that's not the kind of thing you hear preached each week.) Had Huckabee done something like this and had it been raised in the campaign it would have taken some of the shine off him for sure. (Pat Robertson wasn't running for anything we he made his forced abortion gaff).

http://www.newsweek.com/id/78241

YouTube - Huckabee humor: killing pheasants that won't vote for him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkq22C2yhx8)

Huckabee was a creepy man. His sense of humor (if you could call it that) was off and gave me the willies. These two come to mind immediately and the word was out at election time. It did not take the wind out of the Huckabee camp's sails in the least. They just glossed over it.

People hear what they want to hear and ignore the rest that challenges their self-imposed paradigm. Palin is an msm creation as much as Huckabee ever was because the game is rigged and we are the audience to watch the theatrics. Those who support her will just twist logic to enable the show to go on as planned. Those in the know calculate how, and who are easiest to, manipulate and it seems like these are the current players of the drama and the scrpit will be pulled off just like before barring some miraculous twist of fate,imo.

Liberty Star
11-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Like Palin suggested in her Church speech on Alaska oil drilling and Iraqi freedom, Will of god be done.

Palin is a political prostitute.

akforme
11-22-2009, 10:52 AM
She also was like Obama and promised transparency during the campaign, then did the opposite on several occasions.

jmdrake
11-22-2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/id/78241

YouTube - Huckabee humor: killing pheasants that won't vote for him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkq22C2yhx8)

Huckabee was a creepy man. His sense of humor (if you could call it that) was off and gave me the willies. These two come to mind immediately and the word was out at election time. It did not take the wind out of the Huckabee camp's sails in the least. They just glossed over it.

People hear what they want to hear and ignore the rest that challenges their self-imposed paradigm. Palin is an msm creation as much as Huckabee ever was because the game is rigged and we are the audience to watch the theatrics. Those who support her will just twist logic to enable the show to go on as planned. Those in the know calculate how, and who are easiest to, manipulate and it seems like these are the current players of the drama and the scrpit will be pulled off just like before barring some miraculous twist of fate,imo.

I'm no Huckabee fan. But look at how many times Ron Paul supporters have resurrected the old Chuck Norris "If this was a Chucktatorship I'd have Ron Paul tell me who was dishonested in congress and then go choke em out" joke? Sure it was coming from Chuck (who endorsed Huckabee) but I never saw anyone act the least bit bothered.

I doubt if information came out that Huckabee nominated a pro abortion judge that would be ignored. But it might.

dgr
11-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Is there a leader in the GOP. Huckabee is right where he needs to be, Palin is a great crow drawer and spokesperson for the right, but beeing smarter than Al Gore, hardly means you're ready for the White House. Newt, is toast after NY23 Roomney strong on immigration but I bet he's the biggest globalizationist of them all.

Off topic, I just read the best definition of a libertarian ever""It's a conservatative who likes sex and drugs" David Hosp

Pepsi
11-23-2009, 09:36 AM
She just was probley getting Alaska ready in advance for Family Planning laws that will limit the amount of kids American's can have liveing there.