PDA

View Full Version : I know some might disagree, but...

foofighter20x
10-03-2007, 12:19 AM
We need to be going after support from the religious right...

Look up pastor conventions for your area and go to the event and turn it into a campaign like the NY MeetUp did for their state NRA meeting.

Value Voters are a cash crop for us that's just waiting to be harvested!!

And remember to tell them that if it wasn't for Ron Paul, there would have been no Reagan Revolution! ;)

foofighter20x
10-03-2007, 12:22 AM
For example...

All you TN Volunteers out there, TN is having a Baptist Pastor's Conference on 12 Nov.

Details here. (http://www.tbcpastorsconference.com/)

FrankRep
10-03-2007, 12:24 AM
I agree Completely, Foo. I'm Christian myself and I'm reaching out to different big churches in my area. Very positive response.

===========

'Christian revolt' against Giuliani brewing
3rd-party challenge to Republicans grows more likely

World Net Daily
October 3, 2007

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57953

micahnelson
10-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Me and my southern baptist pastor father agree...

steph3n
10-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Me and my southern baptist pastor father agree...

Cool ALMOSt the same here, I got my dad almost to agree :)

Bradley in DC
10-03-2007, 12:35 AM
It was the Christian Right that got Dr. Paul back in Congress. In 1996, Dr. Paul ran in the Republican primary against the incumbent who had been elected as a Democrat and switched parties (Laughlin) and a Christian Right candidate (Deats, I think). Laughlin came in first, Paul second and Deats third.

Over the course of the debates and campaign, Deats came to understand and appreciate Dr. Paul's positions; he endorsed Dr. Paul and campaigned for him in the runoff (which Dr. Paul won). After that, he beat the Democratic nominee, and, as they say, you know the rest of the story.

foofighter20x
10-03-2007, 12:38 AM
It was the Christian Right that got Dr. Paul back in Congress. In 1996, Dr. Paul ran in the Republican primary against the incumbent who had been elected as a Democrat and switched parties (Laughlin) and a Christian Right candidate (Deats, I think). Laughlin came in first, Paul second and Deats third.

Over the course of the debates and campaign, Deats came to understand and appreciate Dr. Paul's positions; he endorsed Dr. Paul and campaigned for him in the runoff (which Dr. Paul won). After that, he beat the Democratic nominee, and, as they say, you know the rest of the story.

What's sad is that I was living in Dr Paul's district at the time and don't remember anything about the '96 election except Clinton vs. Dole. :(

Then again, I was only 14 at the time of that election. :rolleyes:

Hope
10-03-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm not Christian, but I'm bringing up the idea of handing out fliers with Ron Paul's statement of faith, etc. on Sunday at the biggest churches in town. :)

Trassin
10-03-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't see why anyone would disagree with this. Heck, I'm agnostic and I've been going to church with my friends just to draw attention to RP's message.

I can even fake a pretty good Christian since I was raised Catholic and went to caticisim (sunday school) for the fist half of my life.

Bradley in DC
10-03-2007, 12:45 AM
What's sad is that I was living in Dr Paul's district at the time and don't remember anything about the '96 election except Clinton vs. Dole. :(

Then again, I was only 14 at the time of that election. :rolleyes:

That's no excuse! :cool:

Trassin
10-03-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm not Christian, but I'm bringing up the idea of handing out fliers with Ron Paul's statement of faith, etc. on Sunday at the biggest churches in town. :)

I did it here in Edwardsville, IL and didn't run into any problems at all.

FrankRep
10-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Even if you're not Christian, just remember that Christianity is very dominate in the United States.

We can respect each other's religion even if you religion is atheism ya know?

Trassin
10-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I've been thinking about trying to find some Mosques and Temples in the local area that I can hand flyers out at also.

Hope
10-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I did it here in Edwardsville, IL and didn't run into any problems at all.

That's great! Did you guys stand out in the parking lot or what?

Trassin
10-03-2007, 12:58 AM
That's great! Did you guys stand out in the parking lot or what?

I did it by myself but yeah, I showed up at one of the Catholic churches as people were heading inside. I just walked up to people in the parking lot and offered them "Ron Paul's statement of faith". A few people had questions like, "Who is he". The only negative thing I heard the whole time was one guy saying, "you're wasting your time" but that isn't anything unique to the Church setting.

Hope
10-03-2007, 12:59 AM
I did it by myself but yeah, I showed up at one of the Catholic churches as people were heading inside. I just walked up to people in the parking lot and offered them "Ron Paul's statement of faith". A few people had questions like, "Who is he". The only negative thing I heard the whole time was one guy saying, "you're wasting your time" but that isn't anything unique to the Church setting.

Thanks! That's really good to hear. :)

qsecofr
10-03-2007, 01:27 AM
ya know, I don't mean to preach to the choir or derail the thread but I think one of the more satisfying aspects of Ron is how unifying his platform is. Be you Christian, Atheist, Rich, Poor,.. crazy or sane, what he says resonates at a more fundamental level then that which divides us.

It gives me comfort to know a common denominator exists besides fear.

Perhaps our founding fathers knew what they were talking about after all...

Flirple
10-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Well as an atheist activist myself I can't even read his Statement of faith without wanting to vomit in my mouth. But having said that, I really like the idea of religious Ron Paul supporters reaching out to the religious right by flyering churches and going to paster conventions. Any influence Ron's message of peace and the theory of a "Just War" can have on Christians I definitely support. I just can't bring myself to do it myself.

cujothekitten
10-03-2007, 02:05 AM
Is there anyone here that's especially good at christian outreach type stuff? I'm not a christian and all the christians I know are fully aware that I'm not only an atheist but also against the war. They're turning on the war but I don't think I'd be a good candidate to bring them over to the Ron Paul bandwagon. They're reeeaaallly evangelical.

wgadget
10-03-2007, 06:34 AM
What would really be awesome would be to garner Dr. James Dobson's support. The Christian Coalition is having a heck of a time finding a Republican to endorse, and it would be nice if we could get them to endorse RP before they endorse Huckleberry.

Maybe if they knew Ron Paul's stance on homeschooling they would come around.

They apparently think that Ron Paul is not "strong on defense," which is one of their criteria. I think we could prove them wrong on that account, if they'd only listen.

Christian Coalition website:

http://www.cc.org/

fj45lvr
10-03-2007, 06:39 AM
Yeah the Christian voters could do well to read three literary works

1. pauls first book against abortion
2. pauls second book against abortion
3. Mark Twains WAR PRAYER!!!!!

Does anyone know whatever happened to David's shepards sling anyhow???

unklejman
10-03-2007, 07:55 AM
I sent the Christian Coalition an e-mail asking them to endorse Ron Paul for president. I said he is the only candidate that will stand up for our freedom which has been slowly whittled away in this nation. That was followed by RP's statement of faith.

steph3n
10-03-2007, 07:59 AM
The main thing is to be respectful, because under Ron Paul you can be assured all our liberties from free speech to free press will be stronger than ever!
(and I am not saying you are/were disrepectful in posting this) In fact it was quite the opposite.

Well as an atheist activist myself I can't even read his Statement of faith without wanting to vomit in my mouth. But having said that, I really like the idea of religious Ron Paul supporters reaching out to the religious right by flyering churches and going to paster conventions. Any influence Ron's message of peace and the theory of a "Just War" can have on Christians I definitely support. I just can't bring myself to do it myself.

ConstitutionGal
10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Dr. Chuck Baldwin, Pastor of the Crossroads Baptist Church and Florida's Moral Majority Leader interviewed Dr. Paul back in August. The interview and Dr. Baldwin's comments are available here:

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/Int_RonPaul.html

Dr. Baldwin also maintains an email list that goes out across the Nation and he has stated time and time again that Dr. Paul is the ONLY candidate that a true Chrisitian can vote for.

BTW: Dr. Baldwin was the VP candidaite in 2004 on the Constitution Party ticket with Michael Peroutka (www.theamericanview.com (http://www.theamericanview.com/)and institutionontheconstitution.com (http://www.instituteontheconstitution.com/))

yongrel
10-03-2007, 09:17 AM
yeah... me and religion... we don't get along.

Churches don't respond well to the Darwin Fish on my car.

But I'm asking my religious friends to try to get their churches aware of Ron Paul.

We'll see how that goes.

LibertyEagle
10-03-2007, 09:24 AM
What would really be awesome would be to garner Dr. James Dobson's support. The Christian Coalition is having a heck of a time finding a Republican to endorse, and it would be nice if we could get them to endorse RP before they endorse Huckleberry.

Maybe if they knew Ron Paul's stance on homeschooling they would come around.

They apparently think that Ron Paul is not "strong on defense," which is one of their criteria. I think we could prove them wrong on that account, if they'd only listen.

Christian Coalition website:

http://www.cc.org/

Yes, I really wish Dr. Paul would have a sit down with him, you know? Also, Phyllis Schlafly's Eagle Forum has supported him in the past. I wish Dr. Paul would meet with her too. With exception of maybe the war, Schlafly should agree with Paul on most everything.

If we could get Dobson and Schlafly, it would go a LONG way towards getting the nomination.

hard@work
10-03-2007, 10:35 AM
We need to be going after support from the religious right...

Look up pastor conventions for your area and go to the event and turn it into a campaign like the NY MeetUp did for their state NRA meeting.

Value Voters are a cash crop for us that's just waiting to be harvested!!

And remember to tell them that if it wasn't for Ron Paul, there would have been no Reagan Revolution! ;)

What is to disagree with? You're dead on. However how do we expect to break through the war issue?

steph3n
10-03-2007, 10:41 AM
What is to disagree with? You're dead on. However how do we expect to break through the war issue?

by getting people to look at the current state of things and the issues, by bringing up the facts about blackwater's involvement in recent crimes, by AVOIDING talking about it being planned before at least now, if they get to learn what happening now they will certainly research it more later if they want to care about the issue.
Also using the new french president's speech to the UN (he's a great friend of Bush, and he revealed a lot of NWO plans there). Pointing out that due to Iraq we have lost the faith the people in Iran had in the US to support them. Prior to Iraq many Iranians were ripe for revolutino to overthrow their own government, maybe now if they can see the US return to OUR constitutional roots it will inspire them to stand up as well. A country's people fighting for their freedom is the only way to have true freedom, their own blood being spilled for their freedom counts much more than outsiders fighting "for" their "freedom" which is really just to control them.