PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck's New 10/28 Project...

Epic
11-21-2009, 04:52 PM
EDIT: TITLE should read 8/28 project, August is the 8th month, sorry.

Glenn Beck:

Friends,

What an amazing few days on the road this has been. Your spirits have been high, your faith strong and your spine unbendable. I ended my multiday book tour at The Villages with what had been billed as a rally but could be better described as a candid citizen-to-citizen chat.

Today, I have stopped looking for a leader to show us the way out because I have come to realize that the only one who can truly save our country...is us. To change America's course we need to change ourselves, our expectations and our willingness to accept the unacceptable. When we refuse to allow our children to receive a trophy for participation, we are on the road to restoring the meaning of merit in our Republic. When we insist that no one is too big to fail, we will be able to learn from our mistakes, and when we demand that we are self-reliant, we will ensure that others can rely on us, not the government.

There is much to do, much to learn and time is of the essence. While I will be explaining the entire Plan over the coming weeks and months, I did want to give you a preview of some of the highlights:

- Education is key, and not just for our children. To that end, we will be conducting a series of conventions. These will be full-day experiences where you will be immersed in learning about topics ranging from self-reliance, community organizing, the economy and how to be a political force in your own neighborhood and country. The first one will be in Orlando at UCF Arena on March 27th. You will also be able to vote to have a convention in your region by clicking here.

- I have begun meeting with some of the best minds in the country that believe in limited government, maximum freedom and the values of our Founders. I am developing a 100 year plan. I know that the bipartisan corruption in Washington that has brought us to this brink and it will not be defeated easily. It will require unconventional thinking and a radical plan to restore our nation to the maximum freedoms we were supposed to have been protecting, using only the battlefield of ideas.

- All of the above will culminate in The Plan, a book that will provide specific policies, principles and, most importantly, action steps that each of us can take to play a role in this Refounding.

- On August 28, 2010, I ask you, your family and neighbors to join me at the feet of Abraham Lincoln on the National Mall for the unveiling of The Plan and the birthday of a new national movement to restore our great country.

EDIT: TITLE should read 8/28 project, August is the 8th month, sorry.

zach
11-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Interesting..

bossman068410
11-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Lincoln = Scumbag

Killed over 500,000 Americans

John Q. Revere
11-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Where are leaders today? Resurrecting old people will not help us in our trouble today.

Reagan is dead and last time I checked, so was Lincoln.

I don't want my country back, I want my country FORWARD!

NYgs23
11-21-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm not wholly comfortable with Glenn Beck on the steps of the Temple of Abe proclaiming a 100-year "The Plan"

Epic
11-21-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm kinda worried he's gonna co-opt/lead the entire conservative movement.

I mean, better him than Hannity, but still...

Chieftain1776
11-21-2009, 05:38 PM
I swear this guy can't think of anything original. He's co-opted our tea parties, march on Washington, now he's going to hold "conventions" and end it with this @3:20 in:

YouTube - V for Vendetta Speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chqi8m4CEEY)

Except it's on 10/28 instead of November 5th. Since he's no terrorist :mad:

See 0:50 into the video:

YouTube - Ron Paul - Terrorism? - Glenn Beck show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wm96uz11NM)

John Q. Revere
11-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Glenn Beck is not the answer. He's cashing in and trying to diffuse our want for change by trying to speed it up, blow it up.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-21-2009, 06:05 PM
what if we all show up protesting glen beck

hey hey! ho ho! That douche Glen Beck has got to go!

IPSecure
11-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Rumsfeld (9/10/01): "In fact, it could be said that it is a matter of life or death."

Rumsfeld Admits to Unaccounted, Missing 2.3 Trillion Dollars (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7904516028875682825)

MelissaWV
11-21-2009, 06:25 PM
There are entirely too many numbers associated with things in this movement...

Matthew Zak
11-21-2009, 06:28 PM
He's going to neo-con the libertarian party, while the republican party, behind ron paul, rand paul, and peter schiff adopt more libertarian principals. ha

akforme
11-21-2009, 06:29 PM
The irony of doing at Abe's feet, whole killed free men for centralized DC power, is kinda funny.

sofia
11-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Beck is pimping Sarah and pretending RP still doesnt exist....

nonethless...i think we should show up with tons of RP 2012 material

dgr
11-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Glenn may need a reminder that Lincoln was not exactly a states rights, or constitutional powers devotee.

Dianne
11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
All well and good, but I want to see Beck kneel before Ron Paul; as Beck along with Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh worked as hard as any Washington insider to discredit Ron Paul during the last election. So in my view.... I will never believe a word Beck, Limbaugh, Dobbs say until they finally admit they were ordered by their stations to treat Paul like a monster.