PDA

View Full Version : Way to overcome GOP shenanigans

Noodles
10-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Ron Paul should formally withdraw his candidacy as a Republican and announce as an independent. We have enough groundswell to get him on all the ballots (don't we), and if anything, the publicity would be a big boost. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ALLOW US TO WIN in New Hampshire. America is ripe for a 3rd party candidate that really has a shot at winning, and we should either start a new party or run independently.

The Good Doctor
10-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Let's quit freaking out until we can determine what the Ron Paul camp says.

And the best thing to do is get that damned flyer in the NH paper sooner rather than later. And change it to reflect this BS going on for the NH primary!

Ron Paul should formally withdraw his candidacy as a Republican and announce as an independent. We have enough groundswell to get him on all the ballots (don't we), and if anything, the publicity would be a big boost. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ALLOW US TO WIN in New Hampshire. America is ripe for a 3rd party candidate that really has a shot at winning, and we should either start a new party or run independently.

kylejack
10-03-2007, 12:06 AM
No way. Ballot access laws are way too freaking nasty. We're going to go full-press-court on the Republican thing first. Independent can be our backup plan, and we'll need to convince Dr. Paul along the way. ;)

brumans
10-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Running as a republican is his best shot. We need to keep up the enthusiasm and support and get some serious grass roots going in New Hampshire.

Also, the campaign needs to start spending some of the money we have donated for New Hampshire!

steph3n
10-03-2007, 12:08 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread, NH was set by the Secretary of State:
http://www.sos.nh.gov/

FrankRep
10-03-2007, 12:08 AM

The Republican party is being exposed as a neo-con fraud. They have lost tons of respect.

I have complete faith that the Ron Paul HQ think-tank has a brilliant plan.

paulitics
10-03-2007, 12:10 AM
I believe wholeheartedly the best thing we can do is petition to get the deadline moved back to a reasonable time.

WE do not have enough time to reach out to all the democrats in 7 business days where any significant portion will react in time to register. I'm not saying we shouldn't do that, something is better than nothing. But lets think smart here.
The entire election is on the line. We can't afford to lose the huge block of antiwar democrats that are receptive to Paul's message

Chester Copperpot
10-03-2007, 12:10 AM
YEs although it wont be easy to get the nomination.. IF he does, itll be easier to win the general election IMO..

Bradley in DC
10-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Nonsense.

brumans
10-03-2007, 12:17 AM
We can't afford to lose the huge block of antiwar democrats that are receptive to Paul's message

I agree. Most people associate being pro-war with the republicans and against the war with democrats.

KingTheoden
10-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Do we have any lists of Democrats in New Hampshire? We should obtain some if not and do our best to get them to be Republicans for a day so that they can vote for Ron Paul.

Grandson of Liberty
10-03-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm guessing he might not get an invitation to any more Republican debates if he did that. ;)

njjack
10-03-2007, 12:32 AM
We can't afford to lose the huge block of antiwar democrats that are receptive to Paul's message

Agreed and can confirm, my whole family was registered Democrat, we've all been anti iraq war since the beginning. I know lots more Democrats that have switched, we need to put out this effort to get as many as possible, there are more than anyone realizes.

All they need to know is that Ron Paul is anti-war, and if they watch a debate or two they will be hooked. We are running out of time, we need to act now to get as many Dems as possible.

I believe tho we need to cover our bases, do your petition it shouldn't slow down our efforts to let NH and NY know they need to re-register as a Repubican right now!!!

Taco John
10-03-2007, 12:36 AM
It's not going to happen. Ron Paul has stated again and again that he has no intention of running as a third party candidate. IF he loses the GOP nomination narrowly, THEN you can bet that he's not going to let us down, and provide us the opportunity to vote for him. But that's not the strategy, and the campaign isn't going to lose focus on the prize: The GOP Nomination.

"I've tried third party once before, and the laws are all so biased against you. I have no intention of running as a third party candidate." -Ron Paul

quickmike
10-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Nonsense.

Do you think Ron actually has a chance in the NH primaries if democrats that dont yet know about Ron Paul are not allowed to vote for him once they learn about him? Thats basicaly what is happening with the new NH rules about registering republican by Oct 12th. They have made it virutally impossible to give him a chance to win without the crossover votes.

Taco John
10-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Do you think Ron actually has a chance in the NH primaries...

Yes, absolutely. (http://www.idiggronpaul.com/~idiggron/story.php?title=Ron_Paul_stealing_support_from_Rom ney_in_New_Hampshire_as_Race_Tightens) (clicky)

fourameuphoria
10-03-2007, 12:39 AM
I think if we continue to gain more ex-Democrats over the next month or two, there will be an inevitable outcry on a huge level that NH / NY couldn't possibly keep this charade up.

KingTheoden
10-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Do you think Ron actually has a chance in the NH primaries if democrats that dont yet know about Ron Paul are not allowed to vote for him once they learn about him? Thats basicaly what is happening with the new NH rules about registering republican by Oct 12th. They have made it virutally impossible to give him a chance to win without the crossover votes.

Sure he can still win, but it will be much more difficult. Look, we knew that the establishment was going to do something; we all were saying this weekend that the big 'They' are in panic mode. Closing primaries tips their hand.

Alexander was a crack military tactician in large part because he was able to readily adapt to a changing battlefield. We have to do our best to emulate his ability in this peaceful revolution by remaining ready to change in the midst of a fluid front.

This should raise our ire and fire in our spirit five fold. Let's get out their as Ron Paul's front line soldiers and do our very best to secure victory.

quickmike
10-03-2007, 12:46 AM
I think if we continue to gain more ex-Democrats over the next month or two, there will be an inevitable outcry on a huge level that NH / NY couldn't possibly keep this charade up.

I wish I believed that, but it seems to me they dont care how much outcry there would be. Seems to me its beyond the point of them listening to the wishes of the voter. Anything short of a violent revolt in this country seems to be ignored by the powers that be.

steph3n
10-03-2007, 12:51 AM
let us not go this far yes, they only need to register as an independent and then can decide later, if they have not decided yet if some way we could simply ask them, register independent!

I wish I believed that, but it seems to me they dont care how much outcry there would be. Seems to me its beyond the point of them listening to the wishes of the voter. Anything short of a violent revolt in this country seems to be ignored by the powers that be.

orenbus
10-03-2007, 12:54 AM
let us not go this far yes, they only need to register as an independent and then can decide later, if they have not decided yet if some way we could simply ask them, register independent!

In New York they have to register Republican, it's a true closed primary

quickmike
10-03-2007, 01:01 AM

Ok.......... you have less than 2 weeks to get the message out to every democrat in NH that they need to register Independant incase they want to vote for RP in the primaries.

Good luck with that.:confused:

See the situation were in here?

steph3n
10-03-2007, 01:08 AM
the good think in NH is there are MANY independents, all is not lost there.

speciallyblend
10-03-2007, 01:14 AM

well you have till oct 12th,after that it wont matter if you get every democrat in nh switched they cant vote in the primary,end of story. If RON PAUL doesnt win Nh you lose about 10-20 million in free advertising,there wont be any push if there is no ron paul to post a win in NH thats the problem

If people in NH think Ron Paul can Win in NH with just republican/independent voters then ,its over already. I hope im wrong,but try a republican poll in NH minus all the democrats who now cant vote for Ron Paul=No Win,please love to hear how your gonna change a neo-con base with no outside help,or just 9 days to convert voters. You can Thank the National GOP and NHGOP for this.

Taco John
10-03-2007, 01:24 AM
3/4 of New Hampshire Republicans haven't even made their mind up yet.

paulitics
10-03-2007, 01:34 AM
3/4 of New Hampshire Republicans haven't even made their mind up yet.

what does that have to do with thousands of democrats that will not be able to vote in the primary (potentialy 15% or more of all voters). This is equivalent to saying all blond hair folks can't vote. Get the picture.

Our best chance here is to pursuade them to push the deadline back to a reasonable time prior to the NH primary, not 3 months before where people are caught off guard.

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Ok.......... you have less than 2 weeks to get the message out to every democrat in NH that they need to register Independant incase they want to vote for RP in the primaries.

Good luck with that.:confused:

See the situation were in here?

Can't the campaign at least send out an email to all of the supporters we already have? Why the heck haven't they done that? It is easy. write email. Send to all supporters. Those of us not in NH and NY learn in one sentence that there is a big issue and we are all about to be royally ........ We spring into action and go nuts.

The man has an army - why won't he ever figure out how to use it?

I am so ticked off right now. I have called the campaign 9 times over this and begged them to send out an email. Begged. I continually get blocked by the twenty-something moron gatekeepers who are answering the phones and say "yes, sir, I will pass that along."

All I am looking for from the campaign is to send one lousy email to all letting us know of the early deadline to change your registration in NY and NH. Also, in NY you cannot vote for Ron Paul if you are an Independent or anything other than Republican. That's all. You could spice it up with a "look what they are trying to do to us now kinda thing". You don't have to figure out who the NY and NH people are. In fact, it is better if we all get it. Instead they are sure good at begging for money that is going to go down the drain because they didn't take the time to type out an email that would take ten minutes.

I am fed up with them. I think you should all get a little angry about this. A child can see this is important. Please, everyone, call the campaign tomorrow if you don't get an email by then. I left another frantic message for someone named Dennis Susaro tonight by voicemail. If that doesn't get an email sent out, then only a full on blitz of the switchboard so those ditzes over there can understand this is an important issue.

It is like we are fighting against the campaign at every turn. They continue to hamstring us and undermine all our efforts and I am sick of it.

scrosnoe
10-03-2007, 03:44 AM
this thread is really pathetic, quit whining and either get the rules changed or deal with the results. this is all part of the process and it will only get worse until we play the game better than they do. the goal is to take over the republican party and then win the general election. let's get busy and out fox them for a change. we really are smarter than they are and our candidate is better than all the rest all put together too:D

the rules at the convention process is important too - every state needs people getting on top of the rules for their state process now . . .

speciallyblend
10-03-2007, 05:28 AM
this thread is really pathetic, quit whining and either get the rules changed or deal with the results. this is all part of the process and it will only get worse until we play the game better than they do. the goal is to take over the republican party and then win the general election. let's get busy and out fox them for a change. we really are smarter than they are and our candidate is better than all the rest all put together too:D

the rules at the convention process is important too - every state needs people getting on top of the rules for their state process now . . .

Well i guess you have 9 days to prove this thread wrong,then we have to wait until primary to see if this thread is pathetic.I happen to think this thread is dead on. i dont trust the democrats and this thread is proof why i think the republicans are just as bad as the democrats ,both are gonna take your paycheck and bend you over,so enjoy it,yet another reason to not trust either party. I guess if Ron Paul WINS GREAT,if he loses ,he also looses the springboard of media coverage that comes along with winning NH. doesnt look verygood in my eyes,when the time comes to vote in the primary,it will be too late to get democrats to vote for him,YOU CAN THANK THE NHGOP/GOP when they continue to mock and change rules against RON PAUL 2008..

quickmike
10-03-2007, 07:51 AM

I never thought id say this, but I agree with this now. After pulling this BS in NH with the Oct 12th deadline, it is clear the GOP doesnt really care what the voters want. They have their motives and will do anything to get what they want.

I say Ron pulls out immediately. Will this hurt his chances? I dont think so. After all, the GOP have proven they will do anything to assure RP will not win in their rigged game.

I say Ron takes all his voters away from the GOP right now and never come back.

Screw them!!!

Chester Copperpot
10-03-2007, 07:53 AM
I never thought id say this, but I agree with this now. After pulling this BS in NH with the Oct 12th deadline, it is clear the GOP doesnt really care what the voters want. They have their motives and will do anything to get what they want.

I say Ron pulls out immediately. Will this hurt his chances? I dont think so. After all, the GOP have proven they will do anything to assure RP will not win in their rigged game.

I say Ron takes all his voters away from the GOP right now and never come back.

Screw them!!!

It will keep Ron out of any Republican debates.... right now he gets MSM coverage during debates.... think about how many people know of him because of the debates he has been in.. if hes going to go independent..l he should dully exhaust the republican avenue first