PDA

View Full Version : Election 2010: Arizona Senate GOP Primary--McCain 45%, Hayworth 43%

RonPaulFanInGA
11-21-2009, 12:45 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/arizona/election_2010_arizona_senate_gop_primary

Senator John McCain’s future in the U.S. Senate may be a little less assured than previously thought.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely 2010 Republican Primary voters in Arizona finds the longtime incumbent in a virtual tie with potential challenger J.D. Hayworth. McCain earns 45% of the vote, while Hayworth picks up 43%.

Former Minuteman leader Chris Simcox gets four percent (4%) support, while two percent (2%) prefer some other candidate and seven percent (7%) are undecided.

ItsTime
11-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Holy cow, but how much better is the other guy?

sofia
11-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Simcox needs to bow out and throw his support behnid Hayworth.

McCain is SCUM...Hayworth is at least somehwhat conservative

Matt Collins
11-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Good. We don't need anti-Constitutionalists like McCain in the government. But the question is, is Mr. Hayworth any better than McCain?

Sarge
11-21-2009, 02:32 PM
They didn't poll me. I will not vote for McCain or Kyle ever again.

J.D will pick up votes quicker than Simcox as J.D. is so well know from being on TV and radio.
J.D. would be able to debate the heck out of McCain.

I need to learn more on his thoughts. Just saying, he hasn't announced and is polling this strong already. He has been pretty conservative when he talks on TV or radio.

McCain never shows up to vote. I am not sure why we are paying him a cent.

I venture to say that most don't know he is considering on running. This was the first my wife and I heard about it just now.

They just might be underestimating his vote potential.

Sarge
11-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Let me make it easier with a couple of sites,

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2355385/posts

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:1kXR1PuHZoUJ:www.azcongresswatch.co m/%3Fp%3D2370+J+D+Haworth+running+for+Senate&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Matt Collins
01-05-2010, 11:59 AM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/01/05/mccain-could-be-in-trouble-in-arizona/

jmdrake
01-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Wow! We should investigate this guy and see if he's worth a moneybomb. I don't care if he's not perfect. Imagine the message that would be sent if the GOP "standard bearer" from 2008 was sent home packing in the primary! The message would be sent home that the "anti incumbent" fervor isn't simply "anti democrat and anti Obama"!

heavenlyboy34
01-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Good. We don't need anti-Constitutionalists like McCain in the government. But the question is, is Mr. Hayworth any better than McCain?

Hayworth is definitely more like-able and seems more sensible in my experience (living in AZ for 20+ years). Not really a liberty republican (tends to be pro-war, pro-occupation, etc), but better than McShame. JMHO When he was in office, his main pet issue was securing the borders.

specsaregood
01-05-2010, 12:09 PM
If for some reason McCain isn't reelected, I predict an Obama appointment for him in his future....

jmdrake
01-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Hayworth is definitely more like-able and seems more sensible in my experience (living in AZ for 20+ years). Not really a liberty republican (tends to be pro-war, pro-occupation, etc), but better than McShame. JMHO When he was in office, his main pet issue was securing the borders.

Hmmmmm....
Former Minuteman leader Chris Simcox gets four percent (4%) support, while two percent (2%) prefer some other candidate and seven percent (7%) are undecided.

Any chance of Simcox dropping out? I would suspect most of his 4% would go to Hayworth. Also what is Hayworth's position on the bailout? If he came out with a commercial criticizing McCain for supporting the 2008 bailout and seeking to make a "joint economic statement" with Obama I'd send him a donation!

Dunedain
01-05-2010, 12:29 PM
I can't figure out who is voting for McCain. Do they realize this is the same person who ran for president and wanted to bomb-bomb-Iran Mr. Fifty Years War John McAmnesty himself?

jmdrake
01-05-2010, 12:53 PM
I can't figure out who is voting for McCain. Do they realize this is the same person who ran for president and wanted to bomb-bomb-Iran Mr. Fifty Years War John McAmnesty himself?

Don't forget that 70% of Americans once thought Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11 years after the Bush administration admitted that wasn't true. I'm sure most of those people no longer believe that, but that still means there are 70% of Americans who will believe almost anything.

Flash
01-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Did hayworth say if he was going to run? Whats taking so long..