PDA

View Full Version : SPLIT: Religious discussion from Judge Napolitano (Sarah Palin)

Liberty Star
11-18-2009, 12:29 AM
I don't think comments about her being a retard in youtube vids are too polite, she just seems radicalized religious extremist or a nutcase.
Looking at her "god's oil and war plans" church sermons, it won't be too surprising if she's on the lunatic fringe that aims to speeed up the end time crisis so Jesus can land in holy land sooner rather than later. Currency crisis probably not important on that plane.

YouTube - Sarah Palin Fundamentalist Rapture Ready Blockhead Methusaleh's VP Iraq War "a task from God" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZzLL4Dio3w&feature=related)

NoHero
11-18-2009, 12:36 AM
I don't think comments about her being a retard in youtube vids are too polite, she just seems radicalized religious extremist or a nutcase.
Looking at her "god's oil and war plans" church sermons, it won't be too surprising if she's on the lunatic fringe that aims to speeed up the end time crisis so Jesus can land in holy land sooner rather than later. Currency crisis probably not important on that plane.

YouTube - Sarah Palin Fundamentalist Rapture Ready Blockhead Methusaleh's VP Iraq War "a task from God" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZzLL4Dio3w&feature=related)

Wow, that's sickening. I grew up in a Southern Baptist atmosphere (though my family were never big church-goers), so I've seen the "don't question Israel, they're God's chosen people" crowd. I believe these beliefs are new to American christianity, though. Am I wrong?

I just have to ask these types of people: Does God support genocide?

Liberty Star
11-18-2009, 12:45 AM

In some extremist implements it might but not in moderate versions; it's usually other base human lusts of greed, revenge etc that are warpped in god's name to promote violent supremacist doctrines.

YouTube - Sarah Palin: War in Iraq is "God's Plan" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs&feature=related)

People like Palin could have more hideos agenda against people in holy land once biblical prophecy is realized.

UPDATE 1: Palin on holy land

Quote:

Palin: Obama Wrong on Israeli, Afghan Policy

By ALAN B. GOLDBERG and KATIE N. THOMSON
Nov. 17, 2009

Palin, whose book, "Going Rogue: An American Life," hit bookshelves today, took aim at the Obama administration's stance on Israeli settlements in the Palestinian territories.

"I disagree with the Obama administration on that," Palin told Walters. "I believe that the Jewish settlements should be allowed to be expanded upon, because that population of Israel is, is going to grow. More and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Palin/sarah-palin-talks-barbara-walters-afghanistan-policy-economy/story?id=9109226

Palin is probably the only "mainstream" politician who has made such a statement in public post 9/11. That seals her political career even if she had one before.

She probably does not support land theft in holy land from legal owners because she may think that one of these people is more superior or chosen race than the other, she is probably in Rapture Ready Camp that wants to implement and expedite god's plan of converting all living creatures in holy land by all means possible once Jesus returns. God's extremist little helper perhaps.

GunnyFreedom
11-18-2009, 01:20 AM

PLEASE don't mistake me for a Failin supporter, but 1) it sounds to me like she was talking about a pipeline in AK, not Iraq (not that asking Jesus to build an oil pipeline is a good idea in any case, mind you) and 2) the owner of that video is comparing Jesus to Obama.

:shudder:

GunnyFreedom
11-18-2009, 01:21 AM
In some extremist implements it might but not in moderate versions; it's usually other base human lusts of greed, revenge etc that are warpped in god's name to promote violent supremacist doctrines.

People like Palin could have more hideos agenda against people in holy land once biblical prophecy is realized.

OK, now that's bad, yes.

Zippyjuan
11-18-2009, 01:35 AM
Two kinds of people scare me. Those who wrap themselves in the flag and those who wrap themselves in God. I don't trust either.

V4Vendetta
11-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Wow, that's sickening. I grew up in a Southern Baptist atmosphere (though my family were never big church-goers), so I've seen the "don't question Israel, they're God's chosen people" crowd. I believe these beliefs are new to American christianity, though. Am I wrong?

In the old Testament, yes, he did, God didn't even want any beast's or dog's left alive. He wanted every living thing Killed.

zach
11-18-2009, 09:41 AM
In the old Testament, yes, he did, God didn't even want any beast's or dog's left alive. He wanted every living thing Killed.

But isn't genocide sinful? Then if so, God sinned. But God isn't supposed to sin because He's perfect.

Man sins though. Could man have killed every living thing in this context?

V4Vendetta
11-18-2009, 10:12 AM
But isn't genocide sinful? Then if so, God sinned. But God isn't supposed to sin because He's perfect.

Man sins though. Could man have killed every living thing in this context?

God decides what is and is not sinful.

God Sent his son in Human form, to be the perfect sacrifice. So the new Testament is a new covenant.

But here's the kicker - Jews don't believe in the New Testament, they don't believe he was the messiah prophesied in the old testament.

So they still live in the old testament.

(And by the way - Killing is not a sin, if your life is in danger, but Murder is.)

Liberty Star
11-18-2009, 10:28 AM

That would've been total violation of human rights and animal rights.
It's quite encouraging that God became humane and Just in NT, that was great positive change towards creating a more civilized believers. Credit should be given where it's due.

PLEASE don't mistake me for a Failin supporter, but 1) it sounds to me like she was talking about a pipeline in AK, not Iraq (not that asking Jesus to build an oil pipeline is a good idea in any case, mind you) and 2) the owner of that video is comparing Jesus to Obama.

:shudder:

As you've seen rest of her sermons posted in post below, it was in that broader context actually.

NoHero
11-18-2009, 10:30 AM
God decides what is and is not sinful.

God Sent his son in Human form, to be the perfect sacrifice. So the new Testament is a new covenant.

But here's the kicker - Jews don't believe in the New Testament, they don't believe he was the messiah prophesied in the old testament.

So they still live in the old testament.

(And by the way - Killing is not a sin, if your life is in danger, but Murder is.)

This is why Constantine should have converted to Buddhism. That would have been a much better religion to spread across Europe and then onto us... Not to mention how much more advanced we'd be if they'd shared technological advances with China back then.

Liberty Star
11-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Instead of judging any religious sects, blame should be placed where it's due. Sarah Palin herself is responsible for what comes out of her mouth. After watching her interview on mideast policy, I have to admit she has removed any doubts her being an idiot.

Bman
11-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Instead of judging any religious sects, blame should be placed where it's due. Sarah Palin herself is responsible for what comes out of her mouth. After watching her interview on mideast policy, I have to admit she has removed any doubts her being an idiot.

I'm not sure if I fully agree with your first part. I mean, lets think about Jesus and the new testament for a second. Would Jesus approve of any of the military action going on in the Middle East? I'm not christian, but I was raised christian. In my opinion if you call yourself christian you should be very careful about what platform you use to voice your opinion on furthering acts of violence.

I'm not even Jesus and I'm terribly upset to see someone try and to sway favor for violence in the name of Jesus. It's amazing more church leaders don't stand up and get these people off the religious stage.

Liberty Star
11-18-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure if I fully agree with your first part. I mean, lets think about Jesus and the new testament for a second. Would Jesus approve of any of the military action going on in the Middle East? I'm not christian, but I was raised christian. In my opinion if you call yourself christian you should be very careful about what platform you use to voice your opinion on furthering acts of violence.

I'm not even Jesus and I'm terribly upset to see someone try and to sway favor for violence in the name of Jesus. It's amazing more church leaders don't stand up and get these people off the religious stage.

I'll take the easy way out and call them not real Christians.

It's complex issue since same mental attitudes infect a sizeable portion of our population. Polls findings that came out in recent years about views of "regular" Church goers on Peace/War/Torture etc are troubling to say the least. "Jesus" they seem to follow has multiple personalities apparently.

Flash
11-18-2009, 09:35 PM
This is why Constantine should have converted to Buddhism. That would have been a much better religion to spread across Europe and then onto us... Not to mention how much more advanced we'd be if they'd shared technological advances with China back then.

Why would he have to convert to anything? Roman and Greeks, arguably Europe's two greatest civilizations, were both Hellenic & Roman pagan as a religion.

NoHero
11-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Why would he have to convert to anything? Roman and Greeks, arguably Europe's two greatest civilizations, were both Hellenic & Roman pagan as a religion.

Constantine was the Roman emperor that converted to christianity, and forced the whole empire to convert. If he would have chosen any other religion, the majority of this country would be that religion today. The whole empire became Roman catholic on the whim of Constantine, making all of Europe christian eventually... europeans that migrated to this country, in effect making us a majority christian nation.

Liberty Star
11-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Offtopic but was he a Protestant like Palin or Catholic like Obama?

Or in early centuries after BC we didn't have these versions.

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Atheists scare me. tones

Liberty Star
11-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Atheists scare me. tones

Atheists need our love too just as religious moderates or sinful folks do. Many of them are pretty harmless like most people in any other believers group although history has shown that they can be just as deadly as holy warriors. Maybe we can't generalize either way.

micahnelson
11-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Atheists scare me. tones

And not surprisingly, you scare atheists. The trick is to live together without killing each other and unfortunately its more difficult than it may seem.

LibertyEagle
11-21-2009, 11:12 AM

Interesting. Please point out where in that video that she claimed that Iraq was a task from God. Because I didn't hear it.

Liberty Star
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Interesting. Please point out where in that video that she claimed that Iraq was a task from God. Because I didn't hear it.

If someone arrives at that conclusion after watching her Alaska oil drillling, Iraq and "Will of god" prayers, it would be understandable. But who said that she made that claim?

YT clips titles are usually one pov, we're discussing what she said in those clips and not the title. After watching both clips, do you believe that she sees Iraqi invasion as a task from God?

I would say it seems that way in the context of her speech and conduct in support of elective violence. She seems to have religious extremist/ holy warrior mentality when it comes to violence and oil drilling.

LibertyEagle
11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
I was referring to the title of the video:

YouTube - Sarah Palin Fundamentalist Rapture Ready Blockhead Methusaleh's VP Iraq War "a task from God"

I have heard people quoting that for a long time, but never once has anyone been able to show me where she said that. She most certainly did NOT say it in that video, yet they indicate she did.

I am not a fan of Palin, but I also do not like lies.

Liberty Star
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM

I have heard people quoting that for a long time, but never once has anyone been able to show me where she said that. She most certainly did NOT say it in that video, yet they indicate she did.

Since that YT video uploader is not here to defend himself/herself, that could very likely be the inference drawn after watching that video and it is not unreasonable to draw that conclusion for anyone who listens to her. Such charaterization are norm even in MSM news reporting.

You didn't answer the question, what is your inference after watching both clips, do you believe that Palin saw Iraq war as a task from God or she did not?
Or she just wanted it to be a task from God?

LibertyEagle
11-22-2009, 11:01 PM
My opinion is not the issue. What she actually said is.

Liberty Star
11-22-2009, 11:10 PM
No one has said that she said that, reasonable people can disagree on what she meant.

In the context of her views in both clips, most people would draw the conclusion that she sees it as a holy war and a task from God. She won't be the only religious fandamentalist/extremist to hold such a belief, a sizeable portion of our evangelicals saw it as a mission from God including perhaps GW "God told me go liberate Iraqi arabs" Bush himself.

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

World news ...Oct 7, 2005 ... George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior ...

www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Palin is in the same camp.

Palin: Iraq War a 'Task From God'

September 04, 2008. Agence France-Presse.

Republican vice-presidential pick Sarah Palin told students at her former ...

http://www.military.com/news/article/palin-iraq-war-a-task-from-god.html

angelatc
11-22-2009, 11:24 PM
No one has said that she said that, reasonable people can disagree on what she meant.

In the context of her views in both clips, most people would draw the conclusion that she sees it as a holy war and a task from God. She won't be the only religious fandamentalist/extremist to hold such a belief, a sizeable portion of our evangelicals saw it as a mission from God including perhaps GW "God told me go liberate Iraqi arabs" Bush himself.

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

World news ...Oct 7, 2005 ... George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior ...

www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Palin is in the same camp.

Great! So when people say that Ron Paul blames AMerica for 9/11, that Ron Paul thinks 9/11 was an inside job, and that Ron Paul wants to cut us off from the rest of the world, we should just let it slide as misinformation, because reasonable people can disagree on what he meant. Why should what he actually said matter, really?

I mean, why should what he actually said make a difference? If Palin didn't mean what she said....if she actually meant what you thought she said, then I owe some neocons some big ass apologies.

There are so many horrible quotes you can use to delegitimatize Palin...why are you so desperate to cling to this? Maybe you can attack her for seeing Alaska from her porch, too?

GunnyFreedom
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM
that YT uploader also favorably compares Obama to Jesus. Does that not also matter?

anaconda
11-23-2009, 12:01 AM
http://blog.newsweek.com/photos/thegaggle/images/1185028/original.aspx

jmdrake
11-23-2009, 08:47 AM

That video cuts out before Sarah Palin gets to the "task from God" quote.

This is a better video. Go to time 3:30.

YouTube - Infamous Palin Church Video: Wasilla Church Controversy Pt 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmlJfkhyNdc#t=3m33s)

PatriotOne
11-23-2009, 09:05 AM

I agree. That YouTube is not an example of her thoughts on the war but this might be a better example:

Sarah Palin: Iraq War 'God's Will'

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2008/09/02/sarah-palin-iraq-war-gods-plan/

LibertyEagle
11-23-2009, 09:15 AM
"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's will."

To me, it sounds like she is suggesting that people pray that what our leaders are doing and sending our soldiers to do is God's plan. In other words, she is not sure. At least that is the way I read it.

angelatc
11-23-2009, 09:16 AM
I agree. That YouTube is not an example of her thoughts on the war but this might be a better example:

Sarah Palin: Iraq War 'God's Will'http://www.politicsdaily.com/2008/09/02/sarah-palin-iraq-war-gods-plan/

Uh, they're discussing the same speech. That's just the text version. Here's her thoughts, from her. Note Charlie Gibson = Liberty Star in that he misquotes her, but insists he is right.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5782924&page=1

GIBSON: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy war?

PALIN: You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.

GIBSON: Exact words. (YOU LIE! - atc)

PALIN: But the reference there is a repeat of Abraham Lincoln's words when he said -- first, he suggested never presume to know what God's will is, and I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's words.

But what Abraham Lincoln had said, and that's a repeat in my comments, was let us not pray that God is on our side in a war or any other time, but let us pray that we are on God's side.

At this point you are arguing that she didn't mean what she said, she meant something else, but then she had to spin it back around to make it sound like she actually said what she meant to say, which she actually did say. Yeah, ok.

jmdrake
11-23-2009, 10:00 AM
To me, it sounds like she is suggesting that people pray that what our leaders are doing and sending our soldiers to do is God's plan. In other words, she is not sure. At least that is the way I read it.

That's certainly a fair reading.

idirtify
11-23-2009, 05:40 PM

Good observation.

“Dear God,
Please let our war be your will, but only if it is your will. I will not will that our war be your will if it was not your will before; I will not that your will would waffle or wane. But if our war is your will, then my will is that it would be your will. I mean if it is your will because it WAS your will, then I will want to will that it is your will - but only if it was already your will. But if it was not your will, then I will not will that our war be your will – and then well…never-mind.
Thy will be done,
Amen”
:)

Liberty Star
11-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Great! So when people say that Ron Paul blames AMerica for 9/11, that Ron Paul thinks 9/11 was an inside job, and that Ron Paul wants to cut us off from the rest of the world, we should just let it slide as misinformation, because reasonable people can disagree on what he meant. Why should what he actually said matter, really?

I mean, why should what he actually said make a difference? If Palin didn't mean what she said....if she actually meant what you thought she said, then I owe some neocons some big ass apologies.

There are so many horrible quotes you can use to delegitimatize Palin...why are you so desperate to cling to this? Maybe you can attack her for seeing Alaska from her porch, too?

Here we go, post from GP should address this point:

I have only given my opinion alongwith news reports quoted from two news sources about Bush/Palin. Can you be more specific? And Palin's views are only extremist on holy land settlements but not on Iraqi civilians freedom??

You're asking me to comment here on Palin's religious Church videos that I'm not sure are allowed in this section, I will get back in Religion section but basically it would be reiteration of my previous reply on this. Individual inferences or opinions can't be "true" or "false", they are subjective things.

"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get the gas line built, so pray for that."

While her Iraq view being "God's Will" or not is under investigation, we are happy to declare at this point that Sarah Palin - the holy warrior from Alaska - claims that people unifying to get companies to build gas line in Alaska is " God's Will".

Ok, skeptical minds, have a go at it LOL
She is a religious fundamentalist and extremist in following "god's will", just as He wants His followers to be. Except that they are really base human lusts of greed, revenge, man made racial doctrines etc wrapped in God's holy name in her case.