oooooooooooooook

__27__
11-20-2009, 11:11 PM
/ancapflagwave

Woot for good ancap company on RPF!

CCTelander
11-20-2009, 11:12 PM
w00t for ancap Tom! w00t for RP! :)

Keep it flying bro! I needed some positivity to counteract the sick feeling I'm getting by reading stuff posted here over the last few days. Thanks.

LibertyEagle
11-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Keep it flying bro! I needed some positivity to counteract the sick feeling I'm getting by reading stuff posted here over the last few days. Thanks.

Yes, me too.

Entering other people's threads and trying to convince them to stop political activism is against the forum's mission statement. You knew that, but did it anyway.

CCTelander
11-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Yes, me too.

Entering other people's threads and trying to convince them to stop political activism is against the forum's mission statement. You knew that, but did it anyway.

Didn't do any such thing. Spare me. Never once even suggested that ANYONE ELSE not do whatever they think they should. Just expressed MY OWN opinions on the subject. If you can't see the very significant difference between the two, I honestly don't know what to say.

Have a nice day.

heavenlyboy34
11-20-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm sincerely sorry my comment was turned into a derail. I was just trying to be enthusiastic for Tom and what he said in this particular thread. :)

heavenlyboy34
11-20-2009, 11:21 PM

n/p, but I didn't mean to hijack the thread-and am sad that happened. :(

LibertyEagle
11-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Didn't do any such thing. Spare me. Never once even suggested that ANYONE ELSE not do whatever they think they should. Just expressed MY OWN opinions on the subject. If you can't see the very significant difference between the two, I honestly don't know what to say.

Have a nice day.

What's this?

And yet, once lost liberty has NEVER been fully reclaimed, nor has even a significant portion of that lost been reclaimed, through electoral politics. Never. Not once in all of recorded history.

But hey, just go right ahead beating your head against that wall if youy like. I've been down that road myself for much of the last 40 years. Doesn't work. Never will.

CCTelander
11-20-2009, 11:27 PM
What's this?

Apparently you missed the whole "But hey, go ahead and keep beating your head against that wall if you like" part?

Whatever.

LibertyEagle
11-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Apparently you missed the whole "But hey, go ahead and keep beating your head against that wall if you like" part?

Whatever.

And this...

-------------------------

Originally Posted by RevolutionSD
And there is no GOOD that comes from playing politics. It's simply arguing over who gets control of the gun.

Exactly. "Give us the gun and we won't rape and pillage as bad as that other guy." I really wish more people in the so-called "liberty movement" could see the simple logic.

CCTelander
11-20-2009, 11:38 PM
And this...

-------------------------

Again, an expression of MY opinion. No suggestion even that anyone else follow it. Just a wish that they'd see the logic behind it.

But whatever. Believe what you want. I'm through playing your word games.

HB, my apologies that this spilled over into your thread. Not my doing, but I did want to at least try to defend myself. Done now since it's obvious that there's no point to it.

LibertyEagle
11-20-2009, 11:41 PM
I repeat...

So, stop it. :mad:

__27__
11-21-2009, 01:00 AM
I repeat...

So, stop it. :mad:

Failing to see where he's doing anything other than expressing his own opinion. This is where the ancaps get the outcast feeling here, it isn't that we're held to the same standard as everyone else, it's that there's a whole nother standard for us. Our personal opinions and philosophies more often than not seem to be deemed in violation of the 'guidelines', while others with more mainstream libertarian philosophies are free to post their personal opinions and philosophies without nary a whisper from admin.

If you want to be biased against ancaps, I really don't care it's a private board and you make the rules, but at least be intellectually honest enough to acknowledge what you're doing.

CCTelander
11-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Failing to see where he's doing anything other than expressing his own opinion. This is where the ancaps get the outcast feeling here, it isn't that we're held to the same standard as everyone else, it's that there's a whole nother standard for us. Our personal opinions and philosophies more often than not seem to be deemed in violation of the 'guidelines', while others with more mainstream libertarian philosophies are free to post their personal opinions and philosophies without nary a whisper from admin.

If you want to be biased against ancaps, I really don't care it's a private board and you make the rules, but at least be intellectually honest enough to acknowledge what you're doing.

Thanks so much for the kind words of support!

I'm letting it go. There's nothing to be gained fighting with the mods around here, no matter how wrong they actually are.

Thanks again.

tremendoustie
11-21-2009, 02:05 AM
I think all peaceful efforts towards liberty should be appreciated, whether political, civdis, agorism, education, etc.

If there are questions as to a particular liberty oriented candidate's legitimacy, so be it, but I wouldn't dis political activism as a way to effect change in general. The best thing that's happened for liberty in the last decade was the RP campaign.

Mod opposition to the promotion of the idea that politics is hopeless is not equivalent to opposition to ancap or voluntaryist ideas. I'm for a free exchange of ideas, but I understand the former a lot more than the latter. Political activity is a major purpose of these boards.

If you believe in alternate methods, I suggest you promote those methods, rather than dissing others. Action is always better than inaction, and a bunch of enthusiastic politicos plus a bunch of enthusiastic agorists, for example, is a whole heck of a lot better than a bunch of discouraged politicos and no agorists.

Thankfully, I think mods have recently been behaving more tolerantly and fairly towards ancap and voluntaryist ideas themselves - which do not naturally conflict with political activity.

LibertyEagle
11-21-2009, 02:51 AM

I don't know how to make it any clearer to you. It is NOT alright to advocate that people stop their political activism. I don't care what their philosophy is (ancap, conservative, liberal, WHATEVER).

Seriously, is this a shock to you? As a reminder, this is our forum mission statement.

Forum Mission Statement

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this forum is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

If you want to argue the philosophy of anarcho-capitalism in the Philosophy subforum, have at it. But again, it is not ok to try to convince others to sit on their asses and not engage politically. If that is what you want to do, then you will want to take that aspect of it to another forum.

RevolutionSD
11-21-2009, 12:39 PM

Whatever.

LE is extremely sensitive on the Minarchist/anarchist debate.

I think rather than continually pushing this debate away, we should all embrace it.
This is a site called "Liberty Forest". We are all on board here with achieving liberty. What if the ancaps have something to offer? Why not take it into consideration? All of us either were or are fans of Ron Paul. We can start with that basic commonality and work from there.

The ancap/minarchy debate doesn't have to be a divisive thing. We are all seraching for the BEST possible way to achieve liberty correct? It should be something we can work together on.

Here's an example. Us ancaps are not fans of voting and playing politics to achieve liberty. However, we can spread videos of RP & Schiff around when they are hitting on important issues like the Federal Reserve.

On the flip side, the minarchists may not be fans of philosophy as a remedy for tyranny. However, they can get behind a group of people doing civil disobedience in order to change people's perception of government.

Win-Win.

Can't we all just get along? ;)