PDA

View Full Version : New Poll Shows 7yr Incumbent Tom Cole falling to 42%

RJHarris2010
11-20-2009, 04:04 PM
source: http://rjharris2010.com/blogs/tomcoleat42.asp

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

New Poll Shows Seven-Year Incumbent Tom Cole falling to 42%

Oklahoma- November 20, 2009

A recent poll conducted by Persistence Consulting LLC puts seven-year incumbent Tom Cole at 42%, challenger RJ Harris at 26% with and unprecedented 32% undecided. The poll was cast among likely republican primary voters in Oklahomaís fourth congressional district. This poll clearly shows that 58% of Oklahomaís 4th congressional district republican primary voters are ready for a new representative, and that Harrisís message is having a powerful effect on this race.

About RJ Harris:

RJ Harris is a currently serving nineteen-year Oklahoma Army National Guard Officer, two-time Iraq War Veteran and U.S. Congressional Candidate for Oklahoma's 4th Congressional District. He is a University of Oklahoma graduate in Philosophy and a second year law student at the University of Oklahoma College of Law. RJ is a Constitutional Conservative Republican and the first 912 Liberty Candidate in the nation. He has appeared on Fox News' Freedom Watch twice with Judge Andrew Napolitano and been the featured guest on conservative/libertarian talk-radio programs across the country.

To read more about Harris and his position on the issues you may visit www.rjharris2010.com/blogs Harrisís blogs are free to use for Op-Edís and Editorialís.

# # #

Jonathan Gibbons
RJ Harris 2010
405-881-0951
jon@rjharris2010.com

source: http://rjharris2010.com/blogs/tomcoleat42.asp
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriots at Liberty Forest,

This is the time to help elect RJ. RJ is within striking distance of Cole. The difference between that remaining 32% becoming Harris voters, or falling through the cracks, is our ability to get out the message. Supporters, we can win this race. We've reached these numbers with less than $30,000. If we can raise $100,000 between now and the election, RJ is going to win!

For liberty and with the spirit of our founders on our side, we are asking for your help to put RJ in Congress side by side with Ron Paul to restore our constitution, liberty, and republic. Imagine what itíll be like to see Harris slamming down unconstitutional legislation and standing side by side with Ron Paul giving him the backup he desperately needs.

For the r3VOLution,

Jonathan Gibbons
Campaign Manager
RJ Harris 2010

malkusm
11-20-2009, 04:22 PM
26%, very nice.

I'll see what I can contribute to the Harris campaign once my next paycheck comes in.

Cowlesy
11-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Are we sure we can trust this "Persistence Consulting LLC"?

Do we have cross-tabs, etc?

RonPaulFanInGA
11-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Are we sure we can trust this "Persistence Consulting LLC"?

Do we have cross-tabs, etc?

You gotta be cautious of these types of "polls."

Mark Elam (Paul's congressional campaign manager) explained this somewhere, but I can't recall where. These groups never do just plain candidate-vs.-candidate polls, but things like "would you vote to reelect the incumbent" type questions that don't give an accurate representation.

For example, here is Paul's 2006 democratic opponent, Shane Sklar, talking about (http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/1866/) one of these kinds of polls his campaign did:

"After all, Ron Paul is a desperate incumbent on the run. In our real poll, only 33 percent of voters in the district said they would vote to reelect Paul."

Paul went on to win with 60% of the vote.

Cowlesy
11-20-2009, 05:23 PM
You gotta be cautious of these types of "polls."

Mark Elam (Paul's congressional campaign manager) explained this somewhere, but I can't recall where. These groups never do just plain candidate-vs.-candidate polls, but things like "would you vote to reelect the incumbent" type questions that don't give an accurate representation.

For example, here is Paul's 2006 democratic opponent, Shane Sklar, talking about (http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/1866/) one of these kinds of polls his campaign did:

Paul went on to win with 60% of the vote.

I always wonder when you look up an organization and they mis-spell the word "management" on the intro page of the website, if they're really a serious organization.

www.persistenceconsulting.org

dr. hfn
01-15-2010, 10:01 PM
bump for the Moneybomb!