PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann and Arianna Huffington: Beck is Fear-monger-in-Chief

AuH20
11-20-2009, 12:00 AM
He has scrambled the Progressives radar permanently. They're running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-tv/arianna-on-olbermann-glen_b_364723.html

It's funny that Beck has given the white house a direct line to call him, to let them have air time, to explain where he is wrong. No one has called. I wonder why.

Dieseler
11-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Bathtub boy is freaking out.

Andrew-Austin
11-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Who cares about Glen Beck or Huffington....

The report calls Beck "the most important mainstream media figure who has repeatedly helped stoke the fires of anti-government anger."

Arianna argued that although Beck may not be legally liable, he is "morally liable" for the violence and anger his show may provoke.

If someone resorts to violence due to tyranny, the tyrants themselves would be more responsible than Beck.

AuH20
11-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Who cares about Glen Beck or Huffington....

If someone resorts to violence due to tyranny, the tyrants themselves would be more responsible than Beck.

Why can't everyone be patriotic and love their government? :D

Liberty Star
11-20-2009, 12:37 AM
How about this, Beck is neocons' pimp and Olberman is Obama handler's pimp. Much of our media prostitutes, they just got different taste and payscales.

AuH20
11-20-2009, 12:47 AM
How about this, Beck is neocons' pimp and Olberman is Obama handler's pimp. Much of our media prostitutes, they just got different taste and payscales.

Until we actually can gaze into the soul of Beck, this is all speculation. Someone from this board, should actually try to get a hold of him personally and see if his conversion is sincere. I see much jealousy emanating from libertarian circles because Beck is creating such a stir with their principles. Libertarians have been crying in the wilderness for years clamoring for a vehicle to voice their concerns and in comes this interloper. I totally understand why people remain suspicious, but I wouldn't be shocked if Beck really touched on something when he started reading Skousen. It's wait and see, unless someone on this board actually knows the man and can verify that he is a fraud.

susano
11-20-2009, 12:52 AM
The lizards are scared shitless of We the People.

FACT.

Glenn Beck is only partially with the program and they are terrified of what he's doing. This is a good thing.

The funny part is, it is the statists who always resort to violence, and at the party level (such as it is), it's the Obamunits who have physically attacked others.

Liberty Star
11-20-2009, 12:54 AM
When did he convert? I was under the impresion he had still not flip flopped on his stances of supporting Iraqi freedom, PA, Bailouts, neocons, aid to Israeli settlers etc? Any video clip or written source would be great.

AuH20
11-20-2009, 01:03 AM
When did he convert? I was under the impresion he had still not flip flopped on his stances of supporting Iraqi freedom, PA, Bailouts, neocons, aid to Israeli settlers etc? Any video clip or written source would be great.

3:40 mark. Pretty shocked to hear him state this. Explained how ignorant he was to prior history and how this lack of perspective formed his prior opinions:

YouTube - Glenn Beck, The 912 Project -09-12-09-C (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phUxP_br-zI&feature=player_embedded)

Liberty Star
11-20-2009, 01:19 AM
This is post conversion clip from couple of weeks ago, he seems to be the same foreign lobbies pimp as before:

YouTube - Glenn Beck & John Bolton - Naïve Obama Sells Out Israel in UN Speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8LdJu90J8)

He's not an America firster.

AuH20
11-20-2009, 01:27 AM
This is post conversion clip from couple of weeks ago, he seems to be the same foreign lobbies pimp as before:

YouTube - Glenn Beck & John Bolton - Naïve Obama Sells Out Israel in UN Speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8LdJu90J8)

He's not an America firster.

Since when does the U.S. President have the right to tell Israel to cut her nation in half, in order to "reunite" the Palestinian state? I hate AIPAC and its tentacles as much as the next person but that's ridiculous. Regardless of the nation we're talking about, such a proposal is insanity. Utilizing the same line of thinking the Mexicans have a "right" to reunify the Southwest portion of the U.S. they lost? Explain to me how Beck is wrong here?

RM918
11-20-2009, 03:01 AM
Until we actually can gaze into the soul of Beck, this is all speculation. Someone from this board, should actually try to get a hold of him personally and see if his conversion is sincere. I see much jealousy emanating from libertarian circles because Beck is creating such a stir with their principles. Libertarians have been crying in the wilderness for years clamoring for a vehicle to voice their concerns and in comes this interloper. I totally understand why people remain suspicious, but I wouldn't be shocked if Beck really touched on something when he started reading Skousen. It's wait and see, unless someone on this board actually knows the man and can verify that he is a fraud.

It's not 'jealousy' at all, and that is a cheap, moronic argument to throw out that the only reason anyone could find fault with Beck is because they must envy him. The suspicions are VERY well founded, especially due to the fact that not only is he partially co-opting libertarian speech, he's doing so in a dishonest way by throwing Sarah freaking Palin out of all people as a solution. This belies his true motives.

BlackTerrel
11-20-2009, 03:09 AM

I don't actually like Glen Beck. I find him to be annoying and a bit of a cry baby the few times I've seen him.

All that said I generally take people at their word and I think a number of people here are too conspiracy minded for their own good. He already has more money than he needs. So he's lying to make a couple extra million and somehow he'll reveal himself to be something else? Why? For what purpose?

Not to generalize but I've know a few Mormons in my life. They are generally the most devout, generous and honest people on the planet. The fact that someone would convert to that religion (which certainly wouldn't be a career helper) and then start lying for money is hard for me to believe.

AuH20
11-20-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't actually like Glen Beck. I find him to be annoying and a bit of a cry baby the few times I've seen him.

All that said I generally take people at their word and I think a number of people here are too conspiracy minded for their own good. He already has more money than he needs. So he's lying to make a couple extra million and somehow he'll reveal himself to be something else? Why? For what purpose?

Not to generalize but I've know a few Mormons in my life. They are generally the most devout, generous and honest people on the planet. The fact that someone would convert to that religion (which certainly wouldn't be a career helper) and then start lying for money is hard for me to believe.

Glenn Beck isn't the ideal messenger because he does sometimes deliver his message in an overly melodramatic fashion. And sometimes he has angered me with past statements. Nevetheless, he is extremely resilient and passionate in expressing what he believes in. He also does a fascinating job in opening the eyes of a long slumbering citizenry. I'm led to believe that he is a 'work in progress' the more he researches the origins of the oppressive system we live under. People who expect him to turn into Alex Jones overnight, on national television no less, are being unfair. It's going to take time and with that said, even he is limited to what he can say on such a widely publicized forum. Ultimately, when you saturate the public consciousness with the clarion warnings of two eccentric personalities like AJ and Beck, the liberty movement only benefits. All roads lead to Ron Paul after all. ;)

Ron_Paul_Knows
11-20-2009, 09:46 AM

Exactly. As much as Beck probably likes to make money, I really doubt money is that important to him that he would say things he doesn't believe for money. I mean he was an alcoholic bum for a large portion of his life anyways; he didn't care much about money then. And I think he is sincere in his religious beliefs; I think his religion is what holds him together everyday and keeps his insanity in check. If he sold his soul for money and knew that he was a sell out to his God, he would probably go back to drinking and self-destruct.

SelfTaught
11-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Jeez. Does Olbermann do anything else besides talk shit about Fox News hosts and republicans/conservatives? Does he even report on anything important?

Olbermann called Beck "fear-monger in chief". Olbermann is a fear monger himself because he's making false accusations about the violent sentiment among people in the tea party or liberty movements. That is flat-out bullshit. His intention is to scare his viewers and get them to call for government restrictions on free speech.

Dieseler
11-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Bathtub Boy (Olbermann) just wishes that Beck would say his name once in a while lol.
:D
It's not hard to understand his jealousy.

lester1/2jr
11-20-2009, 10:51 AM
I wish all the pundits would follow lou dobbs lead and quit. imagine that wonderful silence

paulitics
11-20-2009, 11:06 AM

Do you know the reason why Beck converted to Mormanism?

SelfTaught
11-20-2009, 11:20 AM

Stossel did an interview with Beck. Beck said his wife wouldn't sleep with him if he wasn't a religious person. I'm not sure if his wife was Morman or not, but that's the particular faith he settled on.

Annihilia
11-20-2009, 12:05 PM

Don't you find it even a TINY bit suspicious how Beck and much of the FOX News network did a complete 180 after the elections? It wasn't that long ago that Ron Paul was the Mayor of Crazytown and we, his supporters, were terrorists. Don't you think a fat paycheck and corporate agenda have something to do with the views he holds?

AuH20
11-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Don't you find it even a TINY bit suspicious how Beck and much of the FOX News network did a complete 180 after the elections? It wasn't that long ago that Ron Paul was the Mayor of Crazytown and we, his supporters, were terrorists. Don't you think a fat paycheck and corporate agenda have something to do with the views he holds?

It's largely one individual buried in the 5 o'clock time slot who's seen the light. Hannity is still that unredeemable GOP shill. O'Reilly is more of a New Deal Democrat with some conservative tendencies. It's comical how his stooge peers mock Beck for being crazy. As if O'Reilly isn't a strange bird for dissing the Consitution?

Freedom 4 all
11-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Bathtub boy is freaking out.

What is the origin of this nickname?

BlackTerrel
11-20-2009, 05:20 PM

I didn't until you asked but my guess would be the same reason that most people convert. They see that particular religion as the path for themselves. This link below says about the same.

http://www.glennbeckmormon.com/

Glenn Beck is one of the most popular political commentators in the United States. Between his TV show, and nationally syndicated talk-radio show, Beck reaches millions of Americans every day with his commentary about politics.

Glenn Beck is also a convert to the Mormon faith, joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1999 along with his wife and children.

Beck cites the influence of many Mormon friends throughout his life as one of the primary reasons he joined the Mormon Church. His wife, Tania, also told Glenn that she wanted them to share a faith before they were married. At the time, neither Tania nor Glenn were active in any faith, despite Glenn’s upbringing in the Catholic Church. At that point, Glenn and Tania went on a “church tour” to find the faith that they could share as a family.

An old friend, Pat Gray, invited Beck to visit the Mormon Church. Despite hesitations, Glenn visited soon after, resulting in he and the family immediately becoming interested. However, Beck struggled with the decision to join the Church—telling God he didn’t want to be a “Mormon”, as he describes it. After earnest study and prayer, Glenn knew that he wanted to be baptized and requested that his best friend Pat Gray baptize him.

zach
11-20-2009, 05:31 PM
If he was really considered a threat to mainstream thought and consciousness, then he would be ignored.

Smokescreens.

Dieseler
11-20-2009, 05:36 PM
What is the origin of this nickname?

John Gibson coined the term,
Olbermann would take off work during the Monica Lewinsky scandal because he was tired of reporting on the misdoings of a democratic president. Gibson would be forced to work 4 hours a night because of Olbermann. Olbermann reportedly sat at home in his bathtub when he was not working. For this, Gibson has called Olbermann "bathtub boy".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=John%20Gibson&defid=3168957