PDA

View Full Version : Israel on Dangerous Path: Obama

Dianne
11-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Never heard a word of this in our news media... got this from Australia news. LMAO, I think the story should be reworded Obama on Dangerous Path: Israel

US President Barack Obama has warned Israel that its policy of ignoring US pleas and continuing to expand housing in sensitive areas of Jerusalem could end up being "very dangerous".
Israel yesterday rejected the condemnation of the Obama administration and other world leaders and proceeded to demolish two Palestinian homes -- bringing to seven the number of Palestinian homes demolished this week in east Jerusalem.

Mr Obama, in his strongest condemnation yet, warned that the development of 900 new houses in the disputed Jerusalem suburb of Gilo could "embitter Palestinians". He said it made it difficult to resume any peace talks.

Two days ago, the White House said it was "dismayed" Israel was proceeding with the Gilo expansion.

The announcement of the new project had come the day after the US had specifically asked Israel not to proceed with the project.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
The White House had also expressed concern about the demolition of Palestinian homes, but yesterday Israeli authorities demolished another two Palestinian houses.

The White House statement also objected to "other Israeli practices in Jerusalem related to housing, including the continuing pattern of evictions and demolitions of Palestinian homes".

Israeli authorities said the Palestinian buildings it demolished yesterday had been illegally built

Full story: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/israel-on-dangerous-path-obama/story-e6frg6so-1225799898943

dannno
11-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Obama has been talking down Israel on settlement building for months. I only hear it on FSRN (Free Speech Radio Network) and MAYBE NPR...both left wing (gatekeepers? FSRN is less so...)

I'm not sure if it is a pony show or what he's doing.. but he is saying the right things from what I've heard.

amy31416
11-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Obama has been talking down Israel on settlement building for months. I only hear it on FSRN (Free Speech Radio Network) and MAYBE NPR...both left wing..

I'm not sure if it is a pony show or what he's doing.. but he is saying the right things.

Dog & pony show as far as I can tell. Money talks, bullshit walks...

angelatc
11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Mr Obama, in his strongest condemnation yet, warned that the development of 900 new houses in the disputed Jerusalem suburb of Gilo could "embitter Palestinians". He said it made it difficult to resume any peace talks.

Why would Israel be interested in peace talks? They've made it pretty clear that they want all the land and believe the Palestinians are too dangerous to live.

constituent
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I guess we'll know if he was serious once he's been gunned down (or not gunned down)...

Old Ducker
11-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Let them build the settlements. Each new one is one more nail in the coffin of Palestinian sovereignty, which was an absurd notion anyway. Absorb the west bank and gaza into Israel and let the apartheid regime show its true colors. In time the jewish state will die, partly due to international pressure, partly due to birth rate discrepancies.

youngbuck
11-19-2009, 03:53 PM
In time the jewish state will die, partly due to international pressure, partly due to birth rate discrepancies. Trust me, the Jewish state isn't going to just die.

lester1/2jr
11-19-2009, 03:54 PM
you'd have to give our media an F on all things israel. they are literally terrified of discussing it and would rather go out of business than do so

Dieseler
11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
you'd have to give our media an F on all things israel. they are literally terrified of discussing it and would rather go out of business than do so

The same people who own all of the central banks own the media.
I think they run the Israeli government to.
I know they run our government.
Lmao.

awake
11-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Has anyone ever heard the lectures given by Ralph Raico on the origins of Israel out of WWII ? It sure is eye opening and no surprise that we are fighting wars in that region. It literally is a story of massive government Interventions leading to disaster thus leading to further interventions.