tangent4ronpaul
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
re: gitmo "trials".

try kangaroo courts...

Our justice system just became a joke.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
11-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Woo Hoo! - 75 MILLION just to transport and house 5 suspects for s show trial! - and that doesn't even begin to cover the cop cordon, the sniper teams, the hazmat units, etc...

And guess who gets to pay for this joke? - yep - you and me!

Geraldo and Gretchins ratings are going to be HUGE!

Why don't they just skip the trial and make the execution a PPV affair - after all they have already decided on a verdict.

Ain't Amerika great!

-t

Dieseler
11-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Ya never know, this could be the PPV debut of American Executioner.

American Executioner

tangent4ronpaul
11-18-2009, 09:23 PM
"should by some fluke one of these people got acquitted or given a short sentence, they wouldn't be released - would they?"

answer - no - they are already in jail with no trial or representation, and would go back to jail if found innocent - this is just about a show trial in order to justify killing them.

"innocent till proven guilty" - MY ASS!

-t

andrewh817
11-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Our justice system just became a joke.

Where have you been?

apropos
11-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Man, sometimes the competing insanities of this country really smash headlong into each other.

I only wonder if the presumed-innocent-until-proven-guilty terrorist who killed thousands of Americans can adequately "OJ Simpson" the legal system and get off on a technicality to avoid the predetermined guilty verdict. It's enough to make your head explode.

tangent4ronpaul
11-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Man, sometimes the competing insanities of this country really smash headlong into each other.

I only wonder if the presumed-innocent-until-proven-guilty terrorist who killed thousands of Americans can adequately "OJ Simpson" the legal system and get off on a technicality to avoid the predetermined guilty verdict. It's enough to make your head explode.

Well, a presumption of innocence *IS* the basis of our legal system. And if you torture someone - they will tell you whatever you want to hear just to make it stop. Maybe, just maybe one of these guys is really innocent... Just saying.

Also, if you buy into the 9/11 truthers line - they didn't do it. Er - "plan it"... or send a bank transfer to one of the guys that (supposedly) did do it... or?.... I have no idea what the gvmt thinks they have against them - but they sure ain't tellin us! And if they did, I would assume they were lying - just based on recent experience from the last 8 or so years....

It's interesting that the FBI has OBL as a 10 most wanted suspect but does not list 9/11 as something he's wanted for... why? - inadequate evidence... now rethink our current situation.

-t

Liberty Star
11-18-2009, 10:09 PM
News link?

If he really said that, what if AG himself was pulled over in error ( like Obama's professor friend) in the heat of freedom enforcement confusion? Would he still have such a pre-determinitive stance about a fact finding legal proceeding?

tangent4ronpaul
11-18-2009, 10:11 PM
News link?

If he really said that, what if AG himself was pulled over in error ( like Obama's professor friend) in the heat of freedom enforcement confusion? Would he still have such a pre-determinitive stance about a fact finding legal proceeding?

Tune in C-SPAN - it's live now, but they seem to have moved off the topic - may get back to it

You should be able to stream it off their site c-span.org tomm.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
11-18-2009, 10:14 PM
http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=atterny+general

pcosmar
11-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Railroaded
3. Informal
a. To rush or push (something) through quickly in order to prevent careful consideration and possible criticism or obstruction: railroad a special-interest bill through Congress.
b. To convict (an accused person) without a fair trial or on trumped-up charges.

Seems a fit description. :(

tangent4ronpaul
11-19-2009, 05:07 AM
BLIMP! - Glens show from the oter day had been removed from youtube AND my DVR!!!!

PISSED!

-t

idirtify
11-19-2009, 11:32 AM

Good point, but OJ deserved acquittal considering the actions of the cops and prosecution. Of course he was likely guilty but it’s better for 10 guilty men to go free than for one to get unjustly convicted. IOW a technical acquittal is not really an “insanity”.