PDA

View Full Version : Irish government to pay immigrants to go home

WClint
11-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Do you think Illegals would go with a little stimulus...

Ireland is offering money to immigrants to leave the recession-crippled Republic. The Irish Department of Justice has confirmed that it is opening an EU-funded project to persuade foreign workers and asylum seekers to return to their country of origin.

A spokeswoman told the Observer this weekend that the scheme will only apply to non-EU nationals living in the Republic and would involve the department spending almost €600,000 this year to pay for immigrants and their families to return to nations outside the European Union.

"The grants will not be given to individuals but rather the scheme will operate through projects and organisations," she added.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/15/ireland-pay-immigrants-go-home

Dieseler
11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah but they would come right back to partake of that stimulus again.
Bad, bad idea.
Almost as bad an idea as misrepresenting the general welfare clause of the Constitution which I suppose is what allows illegal immigrants to partake of our welfare system.

I think the immigrants the Irish are dealing with are oceans apart in origin.

CasualApathy
11-18-2009, 04:58 PM
The Danish government is doing exactly the same thing, paying people 100.000 DKK per person to leave.

JeNNiF00F00
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Interesting times we are living in.

I just did the conversion, but 100.000 DKK is only 20 USD? lol Doesn't seem like much.

Pericles
11-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Interesting times we are living in.

I just did the conversion, but 100.000 DKK is only 20 USD? lol Doesn't seem like much.

In Europe, the , and . are reversed from the US method in writing currency amounts. A European would write twenty dollars as 20,00 USD. Thus, the amount mentioned is 100 thousand DKK.