PDA

View Full Version : The thermometer is gone: donate and fill up LADY LIBERTY!

SouthernGuy15
10-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Dear Fellow Supporters of Ron Paul,

The thermometer has been removed from Ron Paul's website and replaced with LADY LIBERTY!

Please dig deep and make the largest donation you possibly can to the campaign.

They are not in this to come in fourth place.

They are not in this to be runner up.

They are not in this to get the nomination and lose.

Ron Paul and his team is in this campaign to WIN, become PRESIDENT OF THE USA, and restore our rights and freedoms!

However, to accomplish this he needs your financial support. We stunned the world be raising a million dollars in a week. The new goal is four million dollars in October.

LETS FILL UP LADY LIBERTY AND SHOW THE WORLD WE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT RON PAUL WINNING THE WHITE HOUSE!

We can do this!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

austin356
10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Holy ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

austin356
10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
This is awesome

transistor
10-02-2007, 09:09 PM
sweet, we can keep track all quarter

foofighter20x
10-02-2007, 09:10 PM
And remember... this only counts online donations... ;)

10thAmendmentMan
10-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Uhh... 4 million a month seems like a might be a tad high to me. Unless, of course, our estimations of Q3 are far, far lower than reality!! :eek:

csen
10-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Holy ****, indeed. If they're trying to raise $4 million just in October, they had to have raised at least $4 million in Q3...right?

Alabama Supporter
Hopefully when the Q3 numbers are dropped, people will be compelled to donate, and there is a great new program launched with a lofty goal.

foofighter20x
Hmmm... I wonder...

If their goal for Q3 was double what they raised in Q2, well I'm guessing they beat that based on the fact that they've said they beat Q2 and Rand hinting at the number being double Q2...

If their goal is the same for Q4--i.e. double Q3--then maybe this is the campaign's sly way of telling us how much we raised for Q3?

Any one? :confused: :D

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Hmmm... I wonder...

If their goal for Q3 was double what they raised in Q2, then I'm guessing they beat that...

If their goal is the same for Q4--i.e. double Q3--then maybe this is the campaign's sly way of telling us how much we raised for Q3?

Any one? :confused: :D

No, sillies, it's simply saying "you raised $1 million in the last week of 3Q, help us raise $1 million EVERY week of Q4!" See, roughly 12 weeks in the quarter, $1million per week = $12 million by Dec. 31.

Santana28
10-02-2007, 09:14 PM
I just swallowed my tongue. :eek:

But then again... i did the same thing a week ago when i saw the $500,000 number. And then i swallowed it again 3 days later when that number turned into $1,000,000.

My god i sure hope the campaign knows more about this stuff than i do. I've got 3 months to figure out how to max out :) if all else fails, it's going on my credit card. I'm one of those lucky poor folks who gets a nice tax return back. Can't wait to finally put it to good use this time.

austin356
10-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I dont know if I can do it.

We poured heart and soul into last week.

Taco John
10-02-2007, 09:17 PM
This is awesome. Fear not people... The numbers are going to be released soon enough, and reinforcements are on the way!

Plus, They wouldn't do this if they didn't think we could make the number. This is a great sign for what the REAL numbers are.

foofighter20x
10-02-2007, 09:18 PM
This is awesome. Fear not people... The numbers are going to be released soon enough, and reinforcements are on the way! They wouldn't do this if they didn't think we could make the number.

In the immortal words of Peter Griffin:

Oh, yeah!

SouthernGuy15
10-02-2007, 09:20 PM
We can accomplish this goal!

1) We need to keep on donating as much as possible (don't go without meals or a roof over your head of course).

2) We need to make clones of ourselves. That's right. We need to find people and convince them to be just as passionate about Ron Paul as ourselves.

foofighter20x
10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
This is a good time to ask yourself: How much is freedom worth to me?

We can do this! :)

Hit those churches up. The Christian bloc can make or break us.

daviddee
10-02-2007, 09:24 PM

ronpaulyourmom
10-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Myself, family and friends are probably good for a solid five thousand this quarter. I know there's still a lot of people out there who haven't even gotten the ball rolling yet. It's just time to reach out beyond the forums like we started doing last week.

This goal is doable, my biggest concern is October.

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I just sent this in an e-mail to the campaign and I am posting an overview here:

I am on donation hiatus until the campaign makes it clear that they are going to spend the money. I love the goal of $40M... What is it going to be used for?

This is not a buzz kill... This is a call to action for the campaign to spend my money... I want to see a massive burn rate on the cash to justify continued donations.

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!

We did not donate to have an impressive bank account total. The January numbers are reported on January 14th, 2008 long after the first competitions.

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!

With Millions of dollars in the bank and a request for $1M a week... That should allow you to burn $50K a day on advertising. $50K a day * 30 days = $1.5M

There is enough money to do the above without any more donations. With the new goals... The daily burn rate could be brought to $100K

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!

Stop your silly protest and just donate and activate! Trust the campaign to do what is right with the money, when it's right.

jblosser
10-02-2007, 09:28 PM
We can accomplish this goal!

1) We need to keep on donating as much as possible (don't go without meals or a roof over your head of course).

By all means go without meals. Most of us can afford to skip a lunch here and there. Do it now while you're able to make the choice. If Ron doesn't win and the dollar falls, people will go without a lot more than a few meals.

cujothekitten
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM
I hope liberty goes live soon. It will give us an idea of how much we've got, how fast the donations are coming, and how much we have to go.

If anyone from the campaign is reading please make this thing auto-updating. It's fun to watch and it gives us info.

Original_Intent
10-02-2007, 09:39 PM
I think this is a genious campaign. People who have been saying "He has no chance" will now have to say "WTF is a guy with no chance doing setting a goal to raise 12 million in a quarter?"

The downside is that if we don't at least make 2 million in October, I think people will dismiss him. It is a risky, gutsy move. I guess the feeling is we haven't let them down on any goal so far, and this is IT. So we might as well go all out (or all in for you poker players).

Chester Copperpot
10-02-2007, 09:40 PM
I just sent this in an e-mail to the campaign and I am posting an overview here:

I am on donation hiatus until the campaign makes it clear that they are going to spend the money. I love the goal of $12M... What is it going to be used for?

This is not a buzz kill... This is a call to action for the campaign to spend my money... I want to see a massive burn rate on the cash to justify continued donations.

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!

We did not donate to have an impressive bank account total. The January numbers are reported on January 14th, 2008 long after the first competitions.

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!

With Millions of dollars in the bank and a request for $1M a week... That should allow you to burn $50K a day on advertising. $50K a day * 30 days = $1.5M

There is enough money to do the above without any more donations. With the new goals... The daily burn rate could be brought to $100K

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!

Pipe Down David.

Chester Copperpot
10-02-2007, 09:41 PM
I think this is a genious campaign. People who have been saying "He has no chance" will now have to say "WTF is a guy with no chance doing setting a goal to raise 12 million in a quarter?"

The downside is that if we don't at least make 2 million in October, I think people will dismiss him. It is a risky, gutsy move. I guess the feeling is we haven't let them down on any goal so far, and this is IT. So we might as well go all out (or all in for you poker players).

OR the campaign knows something about their fundraising they havent mentioned yet.

steph3n
10-02-2007, 09:41 PM
We will do it I have my sister giving $50 soon from tip money :D

Also is this new image not live? it says 7pm ET, and not updating so I think we are going the less server intense means this time.

Of course near the end of the month they could make it live and push hard!

speciallyblend
10-02-2007, 09:48 PM
I donated some last quarter,but i plan on donating more this month.My work starts increasing near the end of october.I plan to increase my donation level as my money increases. i wont be able to hit the max at all ,but ill do my best.I hope to donate 50-100 before october ends. RON PAUL 2008

McDermit
10-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm so freakin' stoked about this campaign right now. :D

I need to find a family member who hasn't maxed out yet. lol.

daviddee
10-02-2007, 10:15 PM

austin356
10-02-2007, 10:29 PM
If I have $100,000 to donate can some lawyers get it there?

kylejack
10-02-2007, 10:35 PM
If I have $100,000 to donate can some lawyers get it there?

Find some friends who have a $2300 pair of sneakers that you would wish to purchase.

Razmear
10-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Find some friends who have a $2300 pair of sneakers that you would wish to purchase.

I have some domain names that I could sell for the best offer under $2100, and I think my wife does too :D

eb

richard1984
10-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Perhaps the Q3 total is so great that they expect to get a big boost in new donators when they announce it.
One can only hope....

davidhperry
10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
And remember... this only counts online donations...

How do we know this is only the online stuff?

austin356
10-02-2007, 11:02 PM
How do we know this is only the online stuff?

Well the online counter only counts online donations. If they want to input the mail and fundraiser donations then they can easily do so.

I speculate that they are only counting online donations, and then if we start struggling they will add in all the other donations to keep us from missing the goal.

Taco John
10-02-2007, 11:05 PM

I am on donation hiatus until the campaign makes it clear that they are going to spend the money. I love the goal of $12M... What is it going to be used for?

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!

Anyone who is worried about Ron Paul not spending the money needs to listen to this speech that he just recently gave in New Hampshire. They've got a strategy in place, and it centers around this very important state...

http://ronpaulaudio.com/rpaudio/RonPaulNHRallySpeech092907.mp3 (right click and download)

Have patience people. We're going to win this thing. Just do your part.

Paul4Prez
10-02-2007, 11:06 PM
I dont know if I can do it.

We poured heart and soul into last week.

If you're tapped out, just regroup and save up for November or December, then. The campaign will need $4 million in those months too....

It's time for everyone on the sidelines to step into the game.

Chester Copperpot
10-02-2007, 11:07 PM
I trust Ron to know what hes doing.. hes already replayed this moment in his life many many times Im sure... He knows what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.

So defer to his wisdom and stay the course.. haha.. a bushism

davidhperry
10-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Well the online counter only counts online donations. If they want to input the mail and fundraiser donations then they can easily do so.

Yeah, it made me wonder since it looks like the total isn't updating real-time so I figured it might be the sum of all types of donations.

jmarinara
10-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Hit those churches up. The Christian bloc can make or break us.

Could not possibly agree with that statement more.

Taco John
10-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah, it made me wonder since it looks like the total isn't updating real-time so I figured it might be the sum of all types of donations.

It took them awhile to build in the mechanism to track the real time donations the last time around. I'd bet that they get that built in soon enough, as it provides motivation for people.

kylejack
10-02-2007, 11:36 PM
I forget, was Howard Dean's bat thing instantly updated, or updated manually/periodically?

Razmear
10-02-2007, 11:40 PM
According to the old Q3 display which is still updating we are up to 1,254,928.10 so we have about 54k donated since the beginning of the month so far.

eb

The Good Doctor
10-02-2007, 11:51 PM
That's Glenn Quagmire. Peter Griffin says "Freaking Sweet!"

In the immortal words of Peter Griffin:

Oh, yeah!

The Good Doctor
10-02-2007, 11:54 PM
This is a big task BTW.

kylejack
10-02-2007, 11:58 PM
That's Glenn Quagmire.
Also, the KoolAid guy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=niMpjcyYIu8

synthetic
10-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Where does it say this drive will only count online donations?

KingTheoden
10-03-2007, 12:26 AM
It translates to about $130 000 per day average in contributions generated. It is a tall order but we can make it. It is off to a bit of a slow start, but that's okay. I'm am hoping my table goes well this week and then perhaps my fellow Ron Paul supporters on campus will help form a mini-rally/funding drive.

We have to truly believe we can attain this. So much of life is perception; the mainstream media is panicking and so is the GOP establishment. We are on fire and they know, so let's keep up the pressure.

DXDoug
10-03-2007, 12:58 AM
No, sillies, it's simply saying "you raised $1 million in the last week of 3Q, help us raise $1 million EVERY week of Q4!" See, roughly 12 weeks in the quarter, $1million per week = $12 million by Dec. 31.

Better pull everyone out of the wood works for this one 1 million a Week .
Pump up the Volume :D

SouthernGuy15
10-03-2007, 01:30 AM
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Who will be the next in this thread to make a donation?

walt
10-03-2007, 01:38 AM
These numbers MEAN nothing if there is a closed NH primary - wake up people focus on what matters.

SouthernGuy15
10-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Lets keep donating to fill up Lady Liberty!

SouthernGuy15
10-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Keep donating please!