PDA

View Full Version : SMALL BUSINESS FLIER - Please help

born2drv
10-02-2007, 08:57 PM
OK I was able to stay online so let's do this :)

The idea is to create a flier targeted to small busienss owners. Something we can easily print out and hand out to small mom and pop shops in our local community.

I'll start with a few points:

1) No more corporate welfare. Big businesses like oil companies and corn/grain producers get subsidies from the government when they don't need it but small business don't get anything.

2) Eliminate the IRS and income tax. Let business owners operate as sole proprietorship without worrying about how they're going to declare their taxes and if they're going to get audited by the IRS. Ron Paul would reduce spending by 30% to 1997 levels and completely eliminate all personal income tax.

3) Huge surge in consumer spending that would come with reduced spending and tax cuts. Once income tax is eliminated, people would have their WHOLE PAYCHECK to pay for goods and services which would boost business in all industries.

4) Major welfare reform - we should encourage people to work hard and earn a living, not sit at home and collect a check from the government. If they need help to get back on their feet we can help them. But after a certain point we have to stop people who take advantage of the system and say enough is enough. and elminate the heavily abused and damaging welfare state.

etc, etc.... I know you guys can come up with more points or help fine tune the exact wording. Thank you!

born2drv
10-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Another couple points:

5) Eliminate federal minimum wage laws which are unconstitutional. Let the state and local officials dictate these laws as our founders intended, not the federal government.

6) Overhaul the medical care industry, remove all the barriers, bureaucracy, and legislation suffocating the system and allow a free market capital system to flourish to increase competition in health care providers and insurance companies and drive down costs. Stop forced mandates on hospitals to give free health care entitlements to illegal immigrants. Let the hospitals decide how to care for illegals and let private business and private individuals donate to help those in need rather then letting the government run an inefficient and abused system.

John of Des Moines
10-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I additions and corrections in bold

OK I was able to stay online so let's do this :)

The idea is to create a flier targeted to small busienss owners. Something we can easily print out and hand out to small mom and pop shops in our local community.

I'll start with a few points:

1) No more corporate welfare. Big businesses like oil companies and corn/grain producers get billions in subsidies from the federal government when they don't need it while small business owners get peanuts in comparison, if anything at all!.

2) Eliminate the IRS and income tax. Let small business owners operate as sole proprietorship without worrying about how they're going to declare their taxes and if they're going to get audited by the IRS. Ron Paul would reduce spending by 30% to 1997 levels and completely eliminate all personal income tax.

3) Huge surge in consumer spending that would come with reduced spending and tax cuts. Once the income tax is eliminated, people would get to keep their WHOLE PAYCHECK to pay for goods and services which would boost business in all industries.

4) Major welfare reform - we should encourage people to work hard and earn a living, not sit at home and collect a check from the government. If they need help to get back on their feet we can help them. But after a certain point we have to stop people who take advantage of the system and say enough is enough, and eliminate the heavily abused and damaging welfare state.

etc, etc.... I know you guys can come up with more points or help fine tune the exact wording. Thank you!