PDA

View Full Version : "Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8" funny? sinister?

MsDoodahs
11-18-2009, 09:48 AM
http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2009/11/16/biblical-anti-obama-slogan-use-of-psalm-1098-funny-or-sinister/

FrankRep
11-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Psalms 109:8: Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

Classic.

jmdrake
11-18-2009, 10:58 AM
This is scary.

Deborah Lauter, director of civil rights at the Anti-Defamation League agrees that the bumper sticker falls within acceptable political discourse.

For it to be considered hate speech, it “would advocate actual violence or cite scripture that was more clear in its message.”

So quoting the wrong Bible verse is no longer "acceptable political discourse"? If anyone needed proof that the ADL hates the 1st amendment which protects both free speech and the free exercise of religion this is it.

JamesButabi
11-18-2009, 11:02 AM
This is scary.

Deborah Lauter, director of civil rights at the Anti-Defamation League agrees that the bumper sticker falls within acceptable political discourse.

For it to be considered hate speech, it “would advocate actual violence or cite scripture that was more clear in its message.”

So quoting the wrong Bible verse is no longer "acceptable political discourse"? If anyone needed proof that the ADL hates the 1st amendment which protects both free speech and the free exercise of religion this is it.

I understand her quote as actually meaning the opposite. I think that states the sticker IS acceptable.

jmdrake
11-18-2009, 11:08 AM
I understand her quote as actually meaning the opposite. I think that states the sticker IS acceptable.

I'm not talking about THIS bumper sticker. I'm talking about THE NEXT one. Again:

Under the first amendment the government has no right to ban ANY scripture. If someone had Ps 109:9 on there bumper sticker that's their right.

Such persecution of Christians has already occurred in this country under Bush. Lord only knows what may happen next.

See: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=114142

Regards,

John M. Drake

Reason
11-18-2009, 11:10 AM
/yawn?

Oyate
11-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Psalm 190:9

"Let his sons become fatherless boys and his wife to be a widow."

The context is that of a persecuted man calling upon Yah to get even on his enemies for him.

When young I was taught that the Word was my sword. I wouldn't exactly call myself a Christian or certainly I'm not a very good one. But I think this is contrary to the "nature and spirit" of Christ. For a short answer I would simply say "let he who is sinless among ye cast the first stone".

I think scripture is here to instruct us in ways of goodness, a factor which is clearly in short supply these days. Goodness, understanding, love, these are essential qualities of God and because we are supposedly made in His image, we also have these qualities.

Likewise, the New Testament is here to instruct us in the ways of forgiveness. Also in critically short supply these days. So while the old testement is replete with exciting things like lopping people's heads off and being all vengeful and self righteous, I think you will find that this does not bring peace to your heart. I used to be a warrior and it was hella exciting and fun and all but peace? Nope.

And I've seen death and mayhem and seen children rendered fatherless and wives turned to widows. It's not a pretty sight. Therefore I introduce tribal law.

Tribal law states that it is appropriate for you to take the wife and children of your slain enemy. It is both your right and it's something of an obligation because they are your problem now and it's up to you to make sure they don't starve and that they are instructed and brought up as one of the tribe.

Therefore my teaching is that it is good to make war sometimes and it is good to slay our enemies but with victory also comes responsibility. How many times and in how many places does scripture tell us to care for the widow and the orphan? Read Ezikiel and learn how Ya hates those who do not care for the widow and the orphan and his wrath for those who allow their streets to be filled with violence. Consider also the passage where Ya states that to spill innocent blood is a defilement to His holy land.

And with my teaching comes my judgement as I stand before Ya. If your house is large and rich enough to accomodate the widows and orphans, kill away. Slay however many unrighteous people you want. Have a blast. Paint the town red. Just count the cost. All those little mouths to feed will add up fast.

The Mahatma Ghandi put a great and odious discipline on a man who admitted that he had made an orphan of a child and the man suffered greatly from guilt. He said "Mahatma, I have taken this child and intend to raise him as a good Hindu" and Mahatma in his wisdom said "no, you will raise him to be a good Muslim".

Lastly the passage speaks to sons but Obama has daughters. They are amazingly beautiful children. And our SS contacts are already telling us that compared to the Bush daughters, these are literal little angels. To wish evil or suffering on them takes a hard heart, and Yashua said "suffer the little children to come unto me".

Yashua had a heart for kids.

Oyate
11-18-2009, 03:15 PM
wow that was about as good a sermon as I ever wrote. I'm either gonna have to consider a career in the ministry or as a carney guy.

yokna7
11-18-2009, 05:03 PM
/yawn?

Concurred, it's not as if they pulled this from........oh nevermind:rolleyes:

nate895
11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Pray for him to die? We ought to pray for him to repent and believe. That's what first century Christians did for the Roman authorities. Those authorities fed them to the lions. While Obama might be really, really, bad, it is still not warranted for a Christian to hope or pray for his death, but only for his, and the nation's, deliverance from a wicked heart.

LittleLightShining
11-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Psalm 190:9

"Let his sons become fatherless boys and his wife to be a widow."

The context is that of a persecuted man calling upon Yah to get even on his enemies for him.

When young I was taught that the Word was my sword. I wouldn't exactly call myself a Christian or certainly I'm not a very good one. But I think this is contrary to the "nature and spirit" of Christ. For a short answer I would simply say "let he who is sinless among ye cast the first stone".

I think scripture is here to instruct us in ways of goodness, a factor which is clearly in short supply these days. Goodness, understanding, love, these are essential qualities of God and because we are supposedly made in His image, we also have these qualities.

Likewise, the New Testament is here to instruct us in the ways of forgiveness. Also in critically short supply these days. So while the old testement is replete with exciting things like lopping people's heads off and being all vengeful and self righteous, I think you will find that this does not bring peace to your heart. I used to be a warrior and it was hella exciting and fun and all but peace? Nope.

And I've seen death and mayhem and seen children rendered fatherless and wives turned to widows. It's not a pretty sight. Therefore I introduce tribal law.

Tribal law states that it is appropriate for you to take the wife and children of your slain enemy. It is both your right and it's something of an obligation because they are your problem now and it's up to you to make sure they don't starve and that they are instructed and brought up as one of the tribe.

Therefore my teaching is that it is good to make war sometimes and it is good to slay our enemies but with victory also comes responsibility. How many times and in how many places does scripture tell us to care for the widow and the orphan? Read Ezikiel and learn how Ya hates those who do not care for the widow and the orphan and his wrath for those who allow their streets to be filled with violence. Consider also the passage where Ya states that to spill innocent blood is a defilement to His holy land.

And with my teaching comes my judgement as I stand before Ya. If your house is large and rich enough to accomodate the widows and orphans, kill away. Slay however many unrighteous people you want. Have a blast. Paint the town red. Just count the cost. All those little mouths to feed will add up fast.

The Mahatma Ghandi put a great and odious discipline on a man who admitted that he had made an orphan of a child and the man suffered greatly from guilt. He said "Mahatma, I have taken this child and intend to raise him as a good Hindu" and Mahatma in his wisdom said "no, you will raise him to be a good Muslim".

Lastly the passage speaks to sons but Obama has daughters. They are amazingly beautiful children. And our SS contacts are already telling us that compared to the Bush daughters, these are literal little angels. To wish evil or suffering on them takes a hard heart, and Yashua said "suffer the little children to come unto me".

Yashua had a heart for kids.

Great post, Oyate.

WClint
11-19-2009, 06:58 AM
I sure hope the wily Obongo dies from black ... lungs.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A6BoGw8ZTuorSM:http://us.altermedia.info/images/obongo31.jpg
http://advice711.com/health_fitness/images/quitsmoking.jpg

Kludge
11-19-2009, 07:12 AM
"'I don’t believe there’s Christians who wish him ill will,' she says."

^gagged there.

jmdrake
11-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Oyate, nate895, I agree that praying for someone's death isn't the best route. But should that be a "hate crime"? I say no. I take freedom of religion so seriously that the suggestion by the ADL that some Bible verses are not "legitimate political discourse" is itself offensive.

To CivilRadiant: Let's see how much you "yawn" when you get pulled over for having a bumper sticker that doesn't meet the approval of the ADL.

pcosmar
11-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Wow, this again.
Another thread covered this.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=207984

The Pastor was preaching from the same passage.