PDA

View Full Version : REGISTER NOW: States with OPEN primaries are now CLOSING (NH and NY on Oct 12!)

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 08:15 PM
======
Ron Paul in the Primaries - Dates - Open/Closed Primaries
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/
======

Point of the Article:

New Hampshire & New York Primaries have CHANGED!

-== Party Change Deadline ==-
New Hampshire: CLOSED - Deadline: Oct. 12
New York: CLOSED - Deadline: Oct. 12

Ron Paul Betting Odds Could be Impacted by New Voting Rules

October 2, 2007 9:15 pm

Voting Rules Changed at Last Minute Will Shut out Votes for 2008 US Presidential candidate Ron Paul, according to Gambling911.com Special Contributor Jennifer Reynolds. Ms. Reynolds regularly reports on the Ron Paul campaign for the Gambling911.com website. Dr. Paul, as many of you already know, is opposed to the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) and there are many in the online gambling space who would love to see him get elected into office next year.

But it turns out his own party is going to make this an even more difficult task.

"Many states, in an effort to shut out Ron Paul are now closing their primaries," reports Reynolds. "That means that only Republicans can vote in the Presidential primaries for a Republican candidate."

http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-New-Voting-Rules-100307.html

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 08:16 PM
And remember New Yorkers and folks from New Hampshire - You have less than two weeks left. HURRY! The deadline is October 12, October 12, October 12... make that your new mantra. Please tell all of your friends.

New Hampshire - October 12

SOURCE:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2007/09/29/oct_12_deadline_to_change_party_registration_for_p rimary/

Tyler19
10-02-2007, 08:16 PM
were screwed

foofighter20x
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I warned about this in my First Steps thread in the intro forums.

Hate to say I told you so. :(

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM

I understand what you are saying, but there was no way to this stop this. The word was out from the beginning and the Republicans knew this would happen if Ron Paul gained support. You were right, but they knew anyways.

They're fighting back. Good, let them. They are showing their true colors.

PrimarilyPaul
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM

Hell, I made an entire webpage about it and it's the only thing I post about 75% of the time. :)

http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/

peruvianRP
10-02-2007, 08:23 PM
I sent my reg yesterday.

Cunningham
10-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Fuck, Fuck, Fuck...... those dirty sumbitches.

So does this mean we're screwed then? Will this close out people who haven't registered to vote yet?

If this keeps up I hope Paul considers running as an independent in the general. I know he probably won't but it's obvious they're scared of him and I think it he could pull it off.

Guess we'll just have to wake up the Republican remnant and get it done the hard way!

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Hell, I made an entire webpage about it and it's the only thing I post about 75% of the time. :)

Are you keeping watch over which primaries are closing? just curious.

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Digg This:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Don_t_Leave_the_General_Election_Open_to_Fraud

wgadget
10-02-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm curious...What is the Republicans' official reason for doing this?

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 08:33 PM
I know this is in a sticky, but this information is too important to get buried in there.

Also, this article just showed up on Google:

Pass it around.

I hate the title, but the information is good.

Stealth4
10-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Do we have a list of states?

Stealth4
10-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Can NH people start contacting the GOP and get an official statement on why they moved this up so early? Petition for them to keep it open longer?

foofighter20x
10-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm curious...What is the Republicans' official reason for doing this?

That's a no-brainer! ;)

To keep crossover, independent, and non-affiliated voters from picking a non-establishment approved candidate.

They don't want Ron Paul as their candidate, which I don't really understand as it's the only way they can keep ahold of federal officer and judicial appointments and the veto.

ItsTime
10-02-2007, 08:38 PM
you all are thinking that Ron Paul can not get the Rep vote HE CAN!

BrianH
10-02-2007, 08:40 PM

Thanks for a wonderful website! Looks like New York also closes to party changers on October 12. YIKES!

Ron Paul Fan
10-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Guys, reading comprehension is a very important tool in life. In New Hampshire, according to the primarily paul link, independents can still vote and people who have never voted before can still vote if they register to vote at the primary. How many of Ron Paul's supporters do you think come from people who have in the past voted Democrat? Exactly. So stop saying we're screwed and stop saying I told you so. In New York, however, people will need to register as Republican to vote because it's a closed primary and it appears the deadline is October 12th. I swear, sometimes I don't think some of you know how to read.

Stealth4
10-02-2007, 08:41 PM
That's a no-brainer! ;)

To keep crossover, independent, and non-affiliated voters from picking a non-establishment approved candidate.

They don't want Ron Paul as their candidate, which I don't really understand as it's the only way they can keep ahold of federal officer and judicial appointments and the veto.

I think he was asking for the official, stated reason, i.e. what lie did they give to the public for this.

foofighter20x
10-02-2007, 08:41 PM
you all are thinking that Ron Paul can not get the Rep vote HE CAN!

Yeah... but every crossover vote helps even more! :)

foofighter20x
10-02-2007, 08:42 PM
I think he was asking for the official, stated reason, i.e. what lie did they give to the public for this.

Probably that they want to keep Democrats from screwing with their nominating elections.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 08:44 PM
The GOP just moved it up. I am sure they did it because Ron Paul is gaining traction. They don't want him to win you see.

I have tried calling HQ 4 times now asking them to send out an email with this vital new information. They keep ignoring me. It has been over a week now. We have less than ten days. Can some others please call HQ as well and ask them?

I don't know why they haven't said anything. I know of a lot of people in a lot of states that don't know the voting rules and we will lose all of those votes.

I am not so worried about them right now, but NY and NH we have less than 10 days left. Can we please get the campaign to send out a message to their supporters? It takes them ten seconds. It would take us ten weeks.

Please call 703-248-9115.

I don't know what it will take to get them to take some action! We could lose NH all for the want of a simple email.

I don't care how busy they are. This must be done. NOW. They can't wait anymore. This is insane. I wonder if they even mentioned this little rule in all of their canvassing?

Please, help get them to help themselves!

paulitics
10-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Can NH people start contacting the GOP and get an official statement on why they moved this up so early? Petition for them to keep it open longer?

Maybe we should. This was a dirty trick, because just last week it was TBA, then they give us a total of 2 weeks. I had a feeling they were going to do this 3 weeks ago when I called them up, and tried to warn everyone. THere is no reason why this has to be done in Oct. I'm pretty pissed off.

ItsTime
10-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah... but every crossover vote helps even more! :)

agreed but indies can vote in NH woot.... i think they are actually called undeclared... and they can vote for Ron Paul woot!

The Reps are going to look at Paul like we do... the only one who can defeat Clinton! Everyone else will get a land slide.

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
How many of Ron Paul's supporters do you think come from people who have in the past voted Democrat? Exactly.

A growing number.

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Either Oct. 12th is wrong for NH, or someone needs to inform the campaign that the dates on this page (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/) are wrong!!!

ItsTime
10-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Guys, reading comprehension is a very important tool in life. In New Hampshire, according to the primarily paul link, independents can still vote and people who have never voted before can still vote if they register to vote at the primary. How many of Ron Paul's supporters do you think come from people who have in the past voted Democrat? Exactly. So stop saying we're screwed and stop saying I told you so. In New York, however, people will need to register as Republican to vote because it's a closed primary and it appears the deadline is October 12th. I swear, sometimes I don't think some of you know how to read.

Ive dragged every dem that I have crossed over to change up. There are a lot. However, I think the total dem % is around 25% here? maybe Im wrong so its not a big overall number..

Geronimo
10-02-2007, 08:52 PM

We shouldn't limit it to just NH people. Everyone should write in asking why they moved the date up so early, and everyone should petition them to keep it open longer.

New Hampshire Republican Party Contact Info (http://www.nhgop.org/contact-us/)

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 08:52 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2007/09/29/oct_12_deadline_to_change_party_registration_for_p rimary/

The October 12 deadline is correct.

paulitics
10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
How many of Ron Paul's supporters do you think come from people who have in the past voted Democrat? Exactly. So stop saying we're screwed and stop saying I told you so.

Roughly between 10 and 15% of RP supporters are democrats that will be excluded. This is a hell of alot of votes that we lost because of an early deadline that just a week ago was not announced. Can you say thousands? I think most people can read, but are legitamately concerned because it will be a close race in states like NH. Losing all the democrats who want to vote with their conscience for the only antiwar candidate that can win is a BIG DEAL. OK.

mavtek
10-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Yes they need to register as undeclared by Oct. 12 from what I'm reading. So lets just get busy and make sure these people do that, and pronto, no screwing around here.

Ron Paul Fan
10-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Ive dragged every dem that I have crossed over to change up. There are a lot. However, I think the total dem % is around 25% here? maybe Im wrong so its not a big overall number..

Maybe I'm underestimating it, but I don't think it's that big a number. It could have grown over the next 3 months though and maybe that's the big issue have with this. Also, when it says that New York has a Voter Registration deadline of January 11th does that mean people who have never voted before can sign up and vote in the primary? The crossover of Democrats isn't a huge issue right now, but I guess I agree that it could have been as we went on in the election season.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Either Oct. 12th is wrong for NH, or someone needs to inform the campaign that the dates on this page (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/) are wrong!!!

I keep contacting the campaign. I just made my 9th phone call. I don't get it. Perhaps they need 100 calls? Why are they ignoring this?

speciallyblend
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM
The GOP will seal their own death if they do this ,so be it,either way democrats and republicans will screw us,if Ron Paul doesnt step outside these 2 lame parties,we are screwed by both anyways. Remind the republicans in NH and everywhere,WE ARE NOT VOTING REPUBLICAN UNLESS THEY NOMINATE RON PAUL,this might stop them if not ,let them get use to hillary clinton i guess

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Yes they need to register as undeclared by Oct. 12 from what I'm reading. So lets just get busy and make sure these people do that, and pronto, no screwing around here.

You are forgetting all the NY folks. The must be registered Republicans. And I don't trust NH not to change the rules again and shut out the undeclareds too. We have got to people to change to Rep. That is all there is to it!

Ron Paul Fan
10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I keep contacting the campaign. I just made my 9th phone call. I don't get it. Perhaps they need 100 calls? Why are they ignoring this?

They have the correct deadline for the Voter Registration. October 12th is only the deadline for people that have in the past voted Democrat or affilate themselves with the Democratic party to switch to Republican. Independents, Libertarians, people who have never voted before can all vote in the New Hampshire Primary. I'm not sure why they have Closed Primary for New Hampshire because it's not exactly a closed primary.

margomaps
10-02-2007, 09:00 PM

The ronpaul2008.com page you linked is all wrong. The dates are screwy. It lists "1/12 (Saturday, 10 days)" for NH. It is true that this deadline is in 10 days. It looks like the "1/12" should have been "10/12" and somehow got truncated. I have no idea why it says "Saturday". Looking at the dates for other states, a lot of them have the year "06" in them, which is clearly wrong.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Maybe I'm underestimating it, but I don't think it's that big a number. It could have grown over the next 3 months though and maybe that's the big issue have with this. Also, when it says that New York has a Voter Registration deadline of January 11th does that mean people who have never voted before can sign up and vote in the primary? The crossover of Democrats isn't a huge issue right now, but I guess I agree that it could have been as we went on in the election season.

We have a lot of dems right NOW that think they will be able to vote for Ron Paul in the primary in NH and NY. We have a lot of Inds in NY, NJ, AZ, and CA that think they can vote for Ron Paul. All of these people are wrong! I have to prove it to people over and over with citation after citation before they will believe me.

If RP sends out an email to the supporters he has NOW, at least he can keep them. If he doesn't, he will lose thousands, maybe millions of votes. We just got this weak little email from the campaign today and no mention of the October 12 deadline for both of those states! Nothing.

Is anyone else irate about this or is it just me?

speciallyblend
10-02-2007, 09:03 PM
IF the GOP thinks this will help them ,then they are dumb. My republican registeration is based on Ron Paul winning the nomination,if they continue to mock and change the rules then they lose our 2 votes and more

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:03 PM
They have the correct deadline for the Voter Registration. October 12th is only the deadline for people that have in the past voted Democrat or affilate themselves with the Democratic party to switch to Republican. Independents, Libertarians, people who have never voted before can all vote in the New Hampshire Primary. I'm not sure why they have Closed Primary for New Hampshire because it's not exactly a closed primary.

I think you are wrong about Libertarians.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:04 PM
IF the GOP thinks this will help them ,then they are dumb. My republican registeration is based on Ron Paul winning the nomination,if they continue to mock and change the rules then they lose our 2 votes and more

They don't care. They just want Ron Paul to lose. They hate him.

Ron Paul Fan
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21366&page=2

I'm going on what Liberty Eagle reported when she called them earlier today. According to her, there are only 3 things you can be- Republican, Democrat, or Undeclared.

thehittgirl
10-02-2007, 09:08 PM
I am driven. I put more signs up and trifolds delivered. I will be working..not sure how but we will be out there. Part of our group will be at a flea market.

If anyone feels led to come to the Hudson Valley, that would be great. It's a 2 hr ride from NYC. We worked our butts off with fairs, flea markets,festivals, and other events this summer. But darn it there are still too many Ron Paul who??? responses.

I am not satisfied.

Stealth4
10-02-2007, 09:12 PM
if you guys go to the campaign website now, the top right hand corner of the screen is caucus and primary schedule and the deadline for switching parties/registering to vote.

Campaign is doing their job.

paulitics
10-02-2007, 09:12 PM
We have a lot of dems right NOW that think they will be able to vote for Ron Paul in the primary in NH and NY. We have a lot of Inds in NY, NJ, AZ, and CA that think they can vote for Ron Paul. All of these people are wrong! I have to prove it to people over and over with citation after citation before they will believe me.

If RP sends out an email to the supporters he has NOW, at least he can keep them. If he doesn't, he will lose thousands, maybe millions of votes. We just got this weak little email from the campaign today and no mention of the October 12 deadline for both of those states! Nothing.

Is anyone else irate about this or is it just me?

Im irate. These little technicalities will cost elections. And the campaign headquarters needs to be 100% accurate and prompt with this. October 12th as a deadline was a snaky thing for NH to do. So Im more pissed about this than any other BS we had to deal with, because this is 1000 times more serious. Im not sure why even in this group only a handful of us realy sense the gravity of this. That concerns me.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:13 PM
California changed to a closed primary state too! They had a referendum and the people voted to make it an open primary state, but then they had a court case that no one heard about that made it a closed state. Most people in CA don't know this.

People in NJ think Inds can vote for Ron Paul, they are wrong.

In AZ, people think it is an open primary state (it is) but they don't have a Presidential Primary, they have a Presidential Preference Election (same thing, different name) New name, new rules. PPE is closed. ONLY Republicans can vote for Ron Paul. No inds, no undeclareds, no dems. Only Reps. Most people in AZ do not know this. Most Ron Paul supporters in AZ do not know this. People who stand outside and hand out fliers in AZ do not know this.

Ron Paul needs to tell his supporters the rules. And the rules keep changing on us. Just as we get the message out, it changes. So, for pity's sake, just make sure everyone is a registered Republican. They can't stop Reps from voting for him. If they squawk, let them know they will really be screwing the Rep party if Ron Paul loses by abandoning the party in the main election and showing how bad the Rep party really is. That might change their minds. I don't know. Say anything. But get them registered as Republicans right now!

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:15 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21366&page=2

I'm going on what Liberty Eagle reported when she called them earlier today. According to her, there are only 3 things you can be- Republican, Democrat, or Undeclared.

But did you see this part: "If you voted on a party ballot in the 2006 state primary, you are now a registered member of that party unless you filled out a card to return to undeclared status with the supervisors of the checklist."

I read that to mean that if you voted Libertarian you are now a registered member of the Libertarian party. No?

But again, don't forget NY in all of this. In NY, you must be a Republican.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:18 PM
if you guys go to the campaign website now, the top right hand corner of the screen is caucus and primary schedule and the deadline for switching parties/registering to vote.

Campaign is doing their job.

Where is the email about this? This information changed one week ago! Then they only give us two more weeks to do something about this. This is VITAL. Why are you not more upset?

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Im irate. These little technicalities will cost elections. And the campaign headquarters needs to be 100% accurate and prompt with this. October 12th as a deadline was a snaky thing for NH to do. So Im more pissed about this than any other BS we had to deal with, because this is 1000 times more serious. Im not sure why even in this group only a handful of us realy sense the gravity of this. That concerns me.

Me too! I can't even get the campaign to give a damn. This could be the whole election! Lose NH and lose the country. We now have ten days to win NH!

We will not win with the traditional Republican base! We need those other folks. We need them now. And for heaven's sake, we need the ones we already have. Do you folks really think a little tiny link in the corner of his website is going to do the trick? This info needs to get out now!

fj45lvr
10-02-2007, 09:21 PM
As a life long GOP member I have officially abandoned this party....may they rot in hell.

I will not vote for a republican if Paul loses the primary that is for sure.

These folks are morons that don't deserve our support....more than ever before we need to sabotage once and for all the 2 party system that allows the elite to keep tight reins on things in D.C.

Constitution party sounds good to me!!!!!! Screw the GOP!!!!

M.Bellmore
10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Me too! I can't even get the campaign to give a damn. This could be the whole election! Lose NH and lose the country. We now have ten days to win NH!

We will not win with the traditional Republican base! We need those other folks. We need them now. And for heaven's sake, we need the ones we already have. Do you folks really think a little tiny link in the corner of his website is going to do the trick? This info needs to get out now!

Problem is how to get the word out. Sounds like HQ should spend some of their $ to get it out over TV, radio, and newspaper.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Except for the link that someone posted here, I cannot find the link on the main page to that primary information. Where is it?

FrankRep
California changed to a closed primary state too! They had a referendum and the people voted to make it an open primary state, but then they had a court case that no one heard about that made it a closed state. Most people in CA don't know this.

What's the new info?

paulitics
But did you see this part: "If you voted on a party ballot in the 2006 state primary, you are now a registered member of that party unless you filled out a card to return to undeclared status with the supervisors of the checklist."

I read that to mean that if you voted Libertarian you are now a registered member of the Libertarian party. No?

But again, don't forget NY in all of this. In NY, you must be a Republican.

Jim from NH and Libertyeagle called and said that there is no such thing as a libertarian party in NH. Im going to call tomorrow and expect to hear the same thing. But, I still won't completely trust it, unless campaign HQs gets an offical statement from them that can be contested in court if they lied or were deceptive. When I called 3 weeks ago, I had a suspician they would pull this early deadline out of the blue crap on us.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Problem is how to get the word out. Sounds like HQ should spend some of their $ to get it out over TV, radio, and newspaper.

One little email perhaps? Is that too much to ask?

But yes, the rest wouldn't be bad either. The money means nothing after the primaries are dead and gone.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:26 PM
What's the new info?

What do you mean? California is a closed primary state despite a ballot referendum in 1996 that made it an open primary state, a court case changed it, and now it is closed. Only Reps can vote for Ron Paul.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:26 PM
As a life long GOP member I have officially abandoned this party....may they rot in hell.

I will not vote for a republican if Paul loses the primary that is for sure.

These folks are morons that don't deserve our support....more than ever before we need to sabotage once and for all the 2 party system that allows the elite to keep tight reins on things in D.C.

Constitution party sounds good to me!!!!!! Screw the GOP!!!!

Ok, but can you screw them after you vote for Ron Paul please?

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 09:29 PM
What do you mean? California is a closed primary state despite a ballot referendum in 1996 that made it an open primary state, a court case changed it, and now it is closed. Only Reps can vote for Ron Paul.

I see. I thought they just recently changed. nevermind.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:29 PM

PrimarilyPaul
10-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Are you keeping watch over which primaries are closing? just curious.

The primaries that are closing have done so already. I don't think any more states will be closing but I do keep my eyes open.

fj45lvr
10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Ok, but can you screw them after you vote for Ron Paul please?

I said I would not vote for a republican if Paul loses the primary....

thats about as clear as you can get.

It is no secret that the republican party has been hijacked....Even Patrick Buchanan has written a whole book on it 2 years ago. They are the worst kind of enemy true patriots and conservatives could ever hope for by "talking" like they believe the same things and then stabbing you in the back with their dagger.....

I get the feeling I will not be alone in "punishing" these arrogant bastards.

Stealth4
10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Ok I understand why people are upset about this, lets not act on this tonight.

I suggest tommorow we purely go on a fact finding mission. Contact the group that changed this date to the 12, get a press release statement of why this was done so we have something official.

Then once we have the facts, we start acting on them on thursday. Through this website and the meetups we can act very quickly, but we should be sure to do it on the right information and act in the correct way.

If the action is to petition the GOP for changing this and at the same time getting this information out to the press then lets do it, but I say lets do it thursday after we are calm, we have the facts, we have our ducks in a row, and we have hashed out online the appropriate way to act.

my 0.02.

So who will take action tommorow to investigate this NH business and report back? I cant, I have to go on travel.

Shatterhand
10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
So shouldn't the campaign send out an email to everyone explaining that there are only ten days left to register republican in NH? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:40 PM

I suggest tommorow we purely go on a fact finding mission. Contact the group that changed this date to the 12, get a press release statement of why this was done so we have something official.

Then once we have the facts, we start acting on them on thursday. Through this website and the meetups we can act very quickly, but we should be sure to do it on the right information and act in the correct way.

If the action is to petition the GOP for changing this and at the same time getting this information out to the press then lets do it, but I say lets do it thursday after we are calm, we have the facts, we have our ducks in a row, and we have hashed out online the appropriate way to act.

my 0.02.

So who will take action tommorow to investigate this NH business and report back? I cant, I have to go on travel.

There is nothing to act on. They did this on purpose. They won't change it back. So let it go. We already have the facts. I posted a link to them. There is no way to act. This won't change. Get it?

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:41 PM
///

paulitics
10-02-2007, 09:41 PM

my 0.02.

I agree. But are enough of us upset about it? I'm still hearing alot of, its no big deal sentiments which makes me think no-one understands just how much damage this early deadline is going to do.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
So shouldn't the campaign send out an email to everyone explaining that there are only ten days left to register republican in NH? :confused: :confused: :confused:

OMG YES. That is what I have been saying! They also need to send out an email saying that NY has the same deadline.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:43 PM
///

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 09:44 PM
///

Shatterhand
10-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm shocked that this thread isn't getting more attention. Am I missing something? This thread seems like the most important thread on the forums right now.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 10:01 PM
I can't even find this thread. It keeps moving.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm shocked that this thread isn't getting more attention. Am I missing something? This thread seems like the most important thread on the forums right now.

It should be. But no one seems to care. Not even the campaign. I am about ready to throw in the towel. If no one at HQ wants to win NH then why am I giving them money I can't afford to? This is sickening.

steph3n
10-02-2007, 10:04 PM
This thread needs a sticky, I am going to report this post to get it there.
If it won't get stickied we need to keep bumping it, as fr the campaign maybe they will be throwing out some ads soon and just prepping them before telling us.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
This is a sticky. It is hiding up there. That is why I made it a regular post. So it could be seen on the main board.

Ron Paul Fan
10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
There's already a sticky up there regarding this issue. It's a big issue and I would be surprised if the campaign didn't issue an email tomorrow about it. And once again, damn you Wyoming! You've screwed us all! Dr. Paul will probably now only have 2 months left because Iowa and New Hampshire will move up into December.

steph3n
10-02-2007, 10:07 PM
odd, I was looking for the "Sticky:" in front and not seeing, my bad too used to other forums :)

Actually there Is a sticky, but this one is more direct in urgent need.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I don't know why the campaign hasn't issued an email about this already! We have lost 1/3 of our time in NH and they have waited until the last second to tell anyone about this being the case in NY. I don't know when NY made the rule, but I have been complaining about this for weeks.

I am really ticked off at the campaign right now. Their inaction is going to lose this race!

They did it in Iowa. Now they are doing it in NH and NY.

We lost Iowa because we spent weeks calling Iowans only to tell them that Ron Paul had no dates to come to Iowa when it turned out that he had plenty of dates only the person who was supposed to update Eventful didn't get to it. I personally lost at least 50 people who were upset that he wasn't going to show. All because some twit didn't update a calendar. Then they wait until 4 days before the straw poll to run an ad or two.

Now, we have the biggest issue of the campaign on the line and they are ignoring it!

Honestly, I will be shocked if an email does get out tomorrow. Although, this last time I called I was given to the voicemail of Dennis Susaro, so hopefully, he will do something.

Thunderbolt
10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
odd, I was looking for the "Sticky:" in front and not seeing, my bad too used to other forums :)

Actually there Is a sticky, but this one is more direct in urgent need.

That is why I started this thread. People don't seem to know what is important and what is not. They misname threads, they pay no attention to campaign losing issues and all they can talk about is chalking campuses.

steph3n
10-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Don't get pissed, even if the primary date registration passes there is still time to convert those few registered republicans. (I'd like to hope we could get others in first however)

If they won't sticky it we can keep bumping it with urgent updates :)

LibertyOfOne
10-02-2007, 10:18 PM
The free staters are trying to get the word out. http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=11050.0

steph3n
10-02-2007, 10:20 PM
nice glad to see quite a bit of action there, hopefully some others can "feed" them

The free staters are trying to get the word out. http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=11050.0

Shatterhand
10-02-2007, 10:22 PM
What is the campaign waiting for? :eek:

Oh, well, I guess I just don't understand . . .

:(

steph3n
10-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Let us not able to help in person in NH "chip in" and help get the word out!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/

See the chipin at the TOP of the forums and give today! This is a NON official effort and will not count against your limits.

paulitics
10-02-2007, 10:41 PM
OK reality is truly sinking into the heads of 6 or 7 of us right now. I saw way more outrage and concern about the Jewish GOP excluding Paul from a debate than this.

I posted a thread earlier today to get input on wether we should call some of these disenfranchised voters before time is out earlier today. I'm not saying it was agreat idea, but there was like 4 people who cared enough to state an opinion. 4 people!! There were 20 threads on SPECULATION of fundraising totals. OCt 12th will be here in 7 business days.

Why not get enough people to petition to get it pushed back? This is something that deserves thought. We can be professional, and tap into the antiwar organizations. Not rude, or combative. We deserve an explantion. This issue is about a fair election, it is bigger than us.

goRPaul
10-02-2007, 10:56 PM
What is the campaign waiting for? :eek:

Oh, well, I guess I just don't understand . . .

:(

I'm thinking that if the Paul campaign says something about this, it'll give the perception of "whining" and if you think we're not getting enough media coverage now, think about the attention that would get.

It sucks. But we have to do our part. It's not gonna be easy, but anything worth anything isn't supposed to be.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2007, 11:40 PM

steph3n
10-02-2007, 11:43 PM
BUMP We got to spread the word, get registered, and get out to vote when it comes time!

Taco John
10-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Ok, I need to figure out how to get registered in Washington State... We have an open primary, but I don't trust these clowns.

Artemus
10-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Please spread this message on youtube
Search Ron Paul, sort by # of times viewed starting with the most, go to page 15 and start posting. I've done 1-15 and my fingers are dead. Every second counts.

steph3n
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
seriously spreading in person is better and since I can't spread in person I'd recommend to GIVE for the newspaper flyers!

synthetic
10-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Pick up the phone tomorrow and start flooding their lines. Someone filed suit over the Iowa straw poll voting machines. Is legal action a possible avenue of recourse here?

devil21
10-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Also post Myspace bulletins!

paulitics
10-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Pick up the phone tomorrow and start flooding their lines. Someone filed suit over the Iowa straw poll voting machines. Is legal action a possible avenue of recourse here?

It could be. Last week it was TBA. This week we are told we have 10 business days. very sneaky! The primaries are not for 3 months. if it can be proven that there was INTENT to disenfranchise voters, perhaps there is a case. We have the right to freee elections in this country dammit.

These antiwar democrats will be intentionally disenfranchised. Thousands of them.

steph3n
10-03-2007, 12:06 AM
http://www.sos.nh.gov/

What about calling HIM instead? He seems to be the root of the issue, setting the date of the change of primary.

njjack
10-03-2007, 12:41 AM
CSPAN That daily call in show is going to be live in a few hours, whoever is awake make sure to call in and talk about this new deadline and how it is bullshit and the media should be ashamed of itself for not talking about it.

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 01:33 AM
I said I would not vote for a republican if Paul loses the primary....

thats about as clear as you can get.

It is no secret that the republican party has been hijacked....Even Patrick Buchanan has written a whole book on it 2 years ago. They are the worst kind of enemy true patriots and conservatives could ever hope for by "talking" like they believe the same things and then stabbing you in the back with their dagger.....

I get the feeling I will not be alone in "punishing" these arrogant bastards.

Please forgive my inadequate reading skills. I do agree with you!

walt
10-03-2007, 01:36 AM
======
Ron Paul in the Primaries - Dates - Open/Closed Primaries
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/
======

Point of the Article:

New Hampshire & New York Primaries have CHANGED!

-== Party Change Deadline ==-
New Hampshire: CLOSED - Deadline: Oct. 12
New York: CLOSED - Deadline: Oct. 12

Ron Paul Betting Odds Could be Impacted by New Voting Rules

October 2, 2007 9:15 pm

Voting Rules Changed at Last Minute Will Shut out Votes for 2008 US Presidential candidate Ron Paul, according to Gambling911.com Special Contributor Jennifer Reynolds. Ms. Reynolds regularly reports on the Ron Paul campaign for the Gambling911.com website. Dr. Paul, as many of you already know, is opposed to the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) and there are many in the online gambling space who would love to see him get elected into office next year.

But it turns out his own party is going to make this an even more difficult task.

"Many states, in an effort to shut out Ron Paul are now closing their primaries," reports Reynolds. "That means that only Republicans can vote in the Presidential primaries for a Republican candidate."

What a bunch of bs - we must riot in the streets

walt
10-03-2007, 01:41 AM
moderators should sticky this and remove all other stickies...this is the only thing that matters now.

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 01:48 AM
I want a bit of rioting against the campaign as well. Nothing major. Just a bunch of phone calls from us wanting to know if there is a damn good reason they are sitting on their butts about this or what? I know I won't donate another dime if they are going to just keep shooting themselves in the foot and by extension, me.

I think they need a bunch of people calling in so that the morons who answer the phones will see that this is a priority because so many people are calling in about it at the same time. Don't be mean or anything, just call in and say this is very very very important and we don't understand why an email hasn't been sent around about this vital issue.

We want the campaign to send out an issue about the voting rules in both NY and NH and we want it by the end of the day tomorrow.

We do not have the resources to contact the people who are already supporters. They can do it for free. They have wasted over 1/3 of the entire time we had to do anything about it in NH and they have wasted weeks of work in NY.

For weeks now I have been trying single handedly to reach Dems and Inds in NY to get them to change their party status. Now, I realize, that a bunch of people who are already on board don't have the correct information. This is so important and there are a lot of supporters who have donated money so the Ron Paul campaign has their contact info, but they are not meetup members so we don't have their contact info.

Why oh why would the campaign not tell all supporters about this? You don't even have to separate out the folks from NH and NY, it will make people who are in other states realize they need to check out their own state's rules. So, it is not a big deal. One lousy email. How hard is that?

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 01:49 AM
moderators should sticky this and remove all other stickies...this is the only thing that matters now.

This is a sticky! Or at least this information is in a sticky. I made it a separate thread because information gets buried and lost in stickies. Like this!

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 03:29 AM
bump

Keep bumping this up. It is more effective on the main page than as a sticky. As a sticky, this info has been up here for a while now and no one did a thing. Now, as a thread, it is getting a lot of attention. So keep bumping.

The Dane
10-03-2007, 04:07 AM
Im thinking that the campaign can use the principle of blowback on this one.

How?

By letting conservatives know that the management of the GOP is degrading the election system in order to override the democratic system and get a conservative WAR president, not a CONSERVATIVE president".

A part of the GOP management is trying to destroy the GOP completely, and force it to continue to melt with the democratic party.

USA is going towards a defacto one party dicatorship.

Uh, s*it.

Advice for campaign motto: "You want to feel how it is to be Republican again? Vote Ron Paul in the primaries."

AlexAmore
10-03-2007, 05:05 AM
This should be grounds for suing.

FrankRep
10-03-2007, 05:55 AM
The world is watching how corrupt the American system is!

Johnnybags
10-03-2007, 06:01 AM

And automatically are now registered DEMS. Unless they change it now, they are effectively dems. When you pull a ballot as in independent there you are autoenrolled to that party. So please do not tell me that all those independents are happily stuck in the republican party. Many are in the democrat camp and simply are not paying attention yet.

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 06:07 AM
And automatically are now registered DEMS. Unless they change it now, they are effectively dems. When you pull a ballot as in independent there you are autoenrolled to that party. So please do not tell me that all those independents are happily stuck in the republican party. Many are in the democrat camp and simply are not paying attention yet.

So is RPF trying to say none of this matters and who cares if we lose democrat voters? Yeah, let's just forget the whole thing and go home. NH isn't important at all. Time to get some urgency in people's voices. This is not the time to shut up and go home.

Sematary
10-03-2007, 06:20 AM
What this means is we will have to concentrate harder on the already registered republicans in that state. We really NEED a voter mailing list to work from.

steph3n
10-03-2007, 07:17 AM
I will commit to calling 30 people about this where can I get a list to start?

CJP
10-03-2007, 07:37 AM
What the campaign must do *now*:
(1) Spend(!) some of that money we just contributed and prepare ads for NH and NY. Ron Paul needs the name recognition anyway. The ads shouldn't explicitly encourage crossover voting, but should tell folks that the deadline to change affiliation is upon us.
(2) At least send out a damn email and put this information prominently on the web site.
(3) In general, we need better, more detailed, more timely information from the campaign. I know campaign finance laws effectively prohibit coordination with grassroots efforts such as ours, but just putting basic info out publicly on your web site, for instance, is not "coordination". Come on, campaign folks, stop cowering before the FEC!

What supporters NH/NY must do *now*:
Kick their canvassing/leafleting/etc. into high gear and emphasize the importance of becoming eligible to vote before the deadline.

What the rest of us must do *now*:
Get voter registration lists, if possible, and start another calling/writing campaign. It is most critical that independents in NY and democrats in both states be contacted first.

Also, we need to get an accurate list of the rules/deadlines in all 50 states. We need a decent calendar, too, so we don't have screw-ups like we had in Iowa. Maybe put up our own web site for just these kinds of logistical things if we need to. I'll volunteer my time and skills for this if someone (or somones) will cover expenses.

Who is doing what already? (besides what has been mentioned in this thread) Please let us know so we can work together and not duplicate efforts.

Btw, I don't think we should sue (unless laws are clearly being violated) because it looks like whining. Also, there are many people who are of the misguided opinion that Dr. Paul isn't a "real Republican" because of his stance on war, drug policy, etc. So appearing too eager for Democrats to cross over may result in blowback from the GOP.

stevedasbach
10-03-2007, 08:00 AM

No, I believe he's correct. In New Hampshire, I believe that only the D's and R's are currently ballot-qualified parties, so your only registration choices are D, R, or unaffilliated. Most Libertarians are probably listed as unaffiliated, so they can vote in either primary.

Can someone from New Hampshire verify this?

scubasteve01
10-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I think the campaign should send out an email with this information.

DjLoTi
10-03-2007, 08:16 AM
This should be grounds for suing.

I'd really like to see the American People vs. The Government, because the voting laws are simply far too complicated and make it extremely difficult for people to vote. Every person should be able to make 1 vote, no matter what, in both the primary and the general election. No one should be excluded, and there should be some type of ground where a serious lawsuit can be filed.

walt
10-03-2007, 09:29 AM
All right - who is responsible for moving this up and how do we shut down their email and phone by 2PM today?

bc2208
10-03-2007, 09:31 AM
how do we shut down their email and phone by 2PM today?

I'm down for that.

Birdlady
10-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Didn't read the whole thread but what's the point when they will just steal the primary anyway. It's not like we have fair and honest voting machines in this country.

But no one wants to talk about this or even mention the fact that even if we do everything in our power to try to get RP in the White House, they have 20 different ways to shut all our efforts down. Moving up Primaries and making them semi-closed rather than open is just one method. They will be pulling everything out of their sleeves. Just watch.

paulitics
10-03-2007, 09:56 AM
I can't believe we are just going to accept this OCT 12th deadline without a fight. OCT 12th is NOT a reasonable date. Most people are just sarting to pay attention to the primaries now. This is not a free election.
I know we could get this pushed back if we really tried.

LFoDNH
10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
A quick word... Calm Down please! *I mean it in the nicest way* This is one of my posts in another related topic...

I am from NH...
Might I add my own 2 cents in here first.... (im pretty sure on these issues, -maybe- im missing something)

1. NH law has ALWAYS been (least for 10+ years) a "closed like" primary.
2. The cut off to switch parties for the primary date has always been 90 days prior. The election commission set the date and it will probably be well within the 90 day window.
3. Only people registered Dems must change their party affiliation if they wish to vote in the NH GOP primary.
4. ABOUT 26% of registered voters are registered Dem
ABOUT 31% of registered voters are registered Rep
ABOUT 43% of registered voters are registered Ind
5. ***IND and REP*** can vote at the primary for Dr Paul; if they choose.
6. Dems can only vote in the Dem race.
7. Rep can only vote in the Rep race.
8. Ind can vote in either the Dem or the Rep race.

So, the ONLY people who can be excluded from voting for Dr Paul is those who dont not switch their party affiliation from Dem to Ind or Rep by Oct 12th. It is only 26% of the registered voters AND how many of those will be voting for clinton,obama,etc...

Lets me honest, Dr Paul's primary focus MUST be on the Ind; they are the largest group and the major swing voters in this state. This is where the get out and vote must focus...
The Oct 12th deadline is a concern but not a huge issue.

Let me state this again... BOTH IND and REP can vote for Dr Paul in the primary!

paulitics
10-03-2007, 10:04 AM
"So, the ONLY people how can be excluded from voting for Dr Paul is those who dont not switch their party affiliation from Dem to Ind or Rep by Oct 12th. It is only 26% of the registered voters AND how many of those will not be voting for clinton,obama,etc"

We are talking about thousands or as of today about 12% of Dr. paul's vote total that will have no idea until its too late.

Tina
10-03-2007, 12:55 PM
It could be. Last week it was TBA. This week we are told we have 10 business days. very sneaky! The primaries are not for 3 months. if it can be proven that there was INTENT to disenfranchise voters, perhaps there is a case. We have the right to freee elections in this country dammit.

These antiwar democrats will be intentionally disenfranchised. Thousands of them.

Exactly. I just found out about this and I'm furious. We need the anit-war dems, I'm one of them. This will cost way too many votes. I knew they would try to pull something, just didn't know what. Well here it is and if people don't realize how very serious this matter is we are screwed by the establishment YET AGAIN.

paulitics
10-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Exactly. I just found out about this and I'm furious. We need the anit-war dems, I'm one of them. This will cost way too many votes. I knew they would try to pull something, just didn't know what. Well here it is and if people don't realize how very serious this matter is we are screwed by the establishment YET AGAIN.

I'm with you , but people are more irate about what some pundit said about Paul being an isolationist on MSNBC, screaming for their murder.

Then they tell us to calm down, and not worry about the dems because we don't need them, yet they are 12% of us or so. I wish that energy would be channelled over here where it matters. I'm perplexed about it.

LibertyBelle
10-03-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm with you , but people are more irate about what some pundit said about Paul being an isolationist on MSNBC, screaming for their murder.

Then they tell us to calm down, and not worry about the dems because we don't need them, yet they are 12% of us or so. I wish that energy would be channelled over here where it matters. I'm perplexed about it.

I'm with you all, too. I really, really hope HQ gets something out by email pronto. All the time and money people have spent to further this campaign, this is of prime importance. They desperately need not wait until last minute for ads either like they did in IA.

We should be irate about this, and the RP supporters and undecided voters in NH and NY need this information.

Another thing, why is 'New Posts' not listed at the top of the forum pages? Where has this gone? People need to see this thread and others that are of prime importance, and many people look at the New Posts regularly. That's where I always go first. This needs to be bumped for everyone to see.

Bob Cochran
10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
They don't want Ron Paul as their candidate, which I don't really understand...
I believe it's pretty simple. Ron Paul would bring in people who are very opposed to the entrenched GOP neocon elite, and many people who enjoy power and status now would lose it under a Ron Paul Presidency.

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Will someone else please call in to the campaign and complain? I am the only one doing so and this is absurd. Here it is another day down the drain and their lazy butts can only talk about how much money they have raised that is going to be flushed down the toilet.

People keep saying not to worry about the millions of voters in NH we will be losing. 26% is a lot of people. What about NY? We lose the Inds there and the Dems there. NY is traditionally an anti-war state. The campaign still hasn't opened its mouth.

Please all - call the campaign now. We need them to send out the email right this second! 703.248.9115.

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 03:38 PM
What is with everyone here? We are about to lose the whole election! Why won't you people spring into action? None of this money will matter if we lose thousands upon thousands of Ron Paul donators of the Dem ilk.

I called the campaign for the 10th time and "BRANDON" said there is no need to send out an email to people because the information is buried on their website somewhere and that is enough.

I am sick of this campaign and their moronic childish gatekeeping phone answerers!

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Now ANDREW is saying that tomorrow they might release something about Dems in NH but nothing about NY.

ronpaulnation
10-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Jive has put together a video on this, please redistribute everywhere!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAktowrDUKg

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Bump.

Is no one else with me on this? Does no one else see the importance of the campaign informing its supporters about a very sneaky rule change?

walt
10-03-2007, 04:09 PM
wake up people - start calling NH to get this changed.

ronpaulnation
10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Please Digg this, we are running out of time!!!

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/URGENT_Party_Affiliation_Change

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
What do you think we can do from here? Almost nothing. Only the campaign can do something at this point and they don't seem to want to. Call the campaign.

We can digg all we want, but we cannot reach the hundreds of thousands of Ron Paul supporters in one email.

We are out of time because the campaign didn't let us know about it. Now there is nothing to do but rearrange the deck chairs.

You could try calling the campaign, that is about all we can do at this point.

Ok, I dugg the last article. I was number 12.

Geronimo
10-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Nevermind

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 06:48 PM
So, nothing in there about the October 12 deadline?

libertygrl
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
This is a nightmare. From here on out, we need to go on the offensive rather than the defensive. Try to come up with a list of "what ifs" to keep ahead of their dirty tricks. Obviously, a good majority of us are novices at this, so we'll need more seasoned people. At the same time, we also must be especially vigilant about false information coming from people who want to sabotage the campaign. Difficult but not impossible.

I also think it's important to get the word out to Ron Paul supporters nationwide; have them register as Republican, no matter what their state's rules are, so we cover all our bases. Are there any radio shows supportive of Ron Paul?

What about the Alex Jones show? We need someone with a large audience. Just some thoughts.

Thunderbolt
10-03-2007, 07:00 PM
This is a nightmare. From here on out, we need to go on the offensive rather than the defensive. Try to come up with a list of "what ifs" to keep ahead of their dirty tricks. Obviously, a good majority of us are novices at this, so we'll need more seasoned people. At the same time, we also must be especially vigilant about false information coming from people who want to sabotage the campaign. Difficult but not impossible.

I also think it's important to get the word out to Ron Paul supporters nationwide; have them register as Republican, no matter what their state's rules are, so we cover all our bases. Are there any radio shows supportive of Ron Paul?

What about the Alex Jones show? We need someone with a large audience. Just some thoughts.

What about the campaign? Are they supportive of Ron Paul supporters? Is there some reason why they cannot send out an email to all about this? If you don't think NH is important then I suggest you do nothing. If you do think it is important, then call the campaign and ask them why they keep refusing requests to send out an email letting all supporters know of the early deadline change.

When I called they were snotty as hell and told me that if their supporters aren't aware of the voting dates then that is their (the supporters) problem. What is wrong with a campaign that says things like that?

WTF is it taboo here to get upset at the campaign? Are we all supposed to be sheep? Where is your anger folks? All your hard work and money may go down the drain and all because they didn't bother to send out an email?

I have made 11 requests. How many have you made?

Dear Leader VI
10-03-2007, 07:27 PM
UGH

Jersey's primary is February 5th - 13 days too soon for me to vote...

I just found this out...

literatim
10-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Bump.

myCelia
10-04-2007, 07:49 AM
I called HQ too. I asked if there will be an email sent to everyone and he said he'll "make note" of it and pass it on to the appropriate person(s).

orenbus
10-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Keep making videos:

http://www.RonPaulNation.com

Keep getting the word out through video, blogs, email, cell phone, radio, newspapers, television, video games, hot chics, whatever it takes GET the word out now!!!

Where the hell is the "Don't Tazz me Bro!" :eek: Guy?

We need him to start another riot ;)

ronpaulnation
10-04-2007, 12:17 PM
:bump:

Geronimo
10-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I just got this in the mail...

October 4, 2007

Thank you all again for an incredible week! From the Family Walk to the 3rd quarter fundraising results, the last few days have demonstrated what all of you out there are capable of; together, through this primary season, we'll bring Ron Paul's message of liberty to the state that loves it most.

A note to our Democratic supporters: If you are a Democrat and plan to vote for Dr. Paul in the primary, you must visit the supervisor of the checklist in your town on October 12th between 7:00 PM and 7:30 PM, to change your registration to either Republican or Undeclared.

Thanks again!

Kate

--
Kate Rick
NH Communications Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008

I don't know if they've updated the site or not.

libertysilver
10-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Just get as many people switched as you can by the deadline of October 12th, 2007. Don't freak out, just start registering people.

After that we can concentrate on New Voters, and existing Registered Republicans. There are a lot of them.

It's just too bad it took so long to get the info.
It isn't the end of the world, but if you know libertarian lists, constitution Party
lists, and freedom people with mailing lists, like Aaron Russo people,
or Alternative health People, or whatever, some of which are Democrats,
but would switch if they knew about Ron Paul, get the info to them.

Ron Paul is the leading advocat for Health Freedom in the Congress.

Any NoNais people, ie small farmers, have a lot at stake if Ron Paul is not
elected. But many do not know about him.

NONais is a group fighting the Animal id tags.

Also, Conservative Party Voters need to switch to vote for Ron Paul.

Do what you can with these people while we still have time.

Then concentrate on the main republican base.

There are lots of people that will come aboard in the next months as new voters
and registered republicans.

libertysilver
10-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Primarily Paul_

Please put the Correct Date for the State of Delaware.

Deadline is October 31st according to the official Campaign Website.
And also the State of Delaware site.

libertysilver
10-04-2007, 10:50 PM
The important thing is to stay on top of this as individuals, and be sure to
only post CORRECT INFORMATION.

If you don't have the correct info- don't post anything.

This has been part of the problem. People just post willy nilly without verifying
the exact and correct details.

Call you local Board of Elections- heck GO there if you are not sure.

Make them show you in writing what the dates are.

That is what I had to do in New York.

There was NO Website with the correct info.

Changing parties is NOT something the board of elections wants you to do.

That is how they control the voters.

Then depending on how many Dems or Repubs in a certain area, they change
the boundries of the districts. This is known a gerimandering.(spelling)

Anyway- just check to be sure- don't take anyones word for it.

But I think we are getting down to accuracy now. But heed that it is all subject to
change. And you should encourage everyone not to wait.

Register now, no matter what the deadline. Get others to do the same.

Don't leave home with out Voter Registration forms with you.

You never know when a Ron Paul supporter will appear or you will create one.

orenbus
10-05-2007, 12:42 AM
http://www.RonPaulNation.com/register

Thunderbolt
10-05-2007, 04:14 AM
I just got this in the mail...

October 4, 2007

Thank you all again for an incredible week! From the Family Walk to the 3rd quarter fundraising results, the last few days have demonstrated what all of you out there are capable of; together, through this primary season, we'll bring Ron Paul's message of liberty to the state that loves it most.

A note to our Democratic supporters: If you are a Democrat and plan to vote for Dr. Paul in the primary, you must visit the supervisor of the checklist in your town on October 12th between 7:00 PM and 7:30 PM, to change your registration to either Republican or Undeclared.

Thanks again!

Kate

--
Kate Rick
NH Communications Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008

I don't know if they've updated the site or not.

Wait a minute? Did she say ON October 12 instead of BY October 12? You have got to be kidding me! She is giving people a half hour window to change their registration?

Hook
10-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Any new news on this?

TechnoGuyRob
10-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Why can't we overturn this? :(

Geronimo
10-05-2007, 07:13 PM
There is in another thread, somwhere on the first or second page.