PDA

View Full Version : RPF unemployment rate

Pauls' Revere
11-18-2009, 02:18 AM
Just to see what the RPF employment numbers are.

Kilrain
11-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Self-employed, so "other".

Bman
11-18-2009, 02:54 AM
^ same.

I wonder how many self-employed people are in favor of FICA taxes?

Austin
11-18-2009, 03:12 AM
I don't get a paycheck.... but I do have a part-time job. What option does that warrant selecting?

GunnyFreedom
11-18-2009, 03:46 AM
self employed, WAAAAYYYY under-utilized. Under $5000 in 2008 (mind you, I said no to a lot of jobs on account of RP08) Still don't make enough to make a living -- mainly on account of spending my time politicking instead of rustling customers.

lynnf
11-18-2009, 03:57 AM
other - underemployed

after years of being a software engineer, now working as an agent in
a call center due to our "leaders" giving away our jobs to foreigners
both abroad and at home

lynn

CzargwaR
11-18-2009, 04:43 AM
I said employed part time, but I'm also in school full time doing MA

NoHero
11-18-2009, 06:37 AM
unemployed... I'm 21 and worked as an electrician since 16 minus a stint in college. Late-2007 I knew wiring houses wasn't going to last much longer when we kept building houses no one moved into. The last electrical job I had was late last year. Since then just doing small time shitty work, like part-time as a Diesel mechanic's helper and stuff like that, but even that work dried up. I haven't been working at all for 3 or 4 months. I'm basically homeless, except for a good friend that's letting me stay here. I haven't gotten foodstamps, I'd rather starve... just been living off of canned food and stuff I can make from flour or rice, and for the most part the generosity of others. No one around here is taking applications, but I've been submitting them everywhere anyways. In this part of the country people have apparently learned to suck it up and hold on to their jobs with dear life.

But on a more positive note, I think I may have found an electrical job, and maybe I'll be working in the next couple of weeks... fingers crossed.

kaleidoscope eyes
11-18-2009, 06:44 AM
unemployed... I'm 21 and worked as an electrician since 16 minus a stint in college. Late-2007 I knew wiring houses wasn't going to last much longer when we kept building houses no one moved into. The last electrical job I had was late last year. Since then just doing small time shitty work, like part-time as a Diesel mechanic's helper and stuff like that, but even that work dried up. I haven't been working at all for 3 or 4 months. I'm basically homeless, except for a good friend that's letting me stay here. I haven't gotten foodstamps, I'd rather starve... just been living off of canned food and stuff I can make from flour or rice, and for the most part the generosity of others. No one around here is taking applications, but I've been submitting them everywhere anyways. In this part of the country people have apparently learned to suck it up and hold on to their jobs with dear life.

But on a more positive note, I think I may have found an electrical job, and maybe I'll be working in the next couple of weeks... fingers crossed.
Hey hang in there! Glad you are staying strong out there, but sad to hear your circumstances. I'll cross my fingers for you too! Good luck!

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 06:45 AM
full-time and part-time after the fulltime;)

kathy88
11-18-2009, 06:49 AM
I am self employed, but I checked full time

armstrong
11-18-2009, 08:27 AM
I am self employed so checked other

Pauls' Revere
11-19-2009, 01:50 AM
I don't get a paycheck.... but I do have a part-time job. What option does that warrant selecting?

Receipt of a paycheck was not a condition for the poll.

;)

risiusj
11-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Full time student

__27__
11-19-2009, 12:21 PM
full-time and part-time after the fulltime;)

Greedy capitalist. You're working more than you should, and it's your fault unemployment is so high. If you weren't taking up the hours with your part time work someone else could have those hours.

/sarcasm

Took a voluntary layoff from owning my own company with my father as business dried up. Went from working 80 hours a week making 60k+ to working 35 hours a week making $8/hr. and going back to school full time for flight. Moneywise it sucks, but I'm having the time of my life flying!

Icymudpuppy
11-19-2009, 12:25 PM
2 full time jobs. One self employed, the other I'm trying to quit, but the bastards won't let me yet.

I marked full time.

ClayTrainor
11-19-2009, 12:37 PM
self-employed

silverhandorder
11-19-2009, 12:38 PM
I voted other thinking it's for students and such. Maybe I should have selected unemployed? I am going on an paid internship this summer tho.

ctiger2
11-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Self Employed. Sales are significantly down so I chose part-time because it's like my hours were cut in half comparatively.