PDA

View Full Version : Nashville GOP Sets Hearing For Ouster Of Ron Paul Supporter (Matt Collins)

Matt Collins
11-17-2009, 11:15 PM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/17/davidson-county-gop-sets-closed-door-hearing-date-for-ouster-of-ron-paul-supporter/#comments

robertwerden
11-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Amazing how what would normally be a nothing subject has turned news worthy because the name Ron Paul is in there some where.

Kick their ass Matt.

__27__
11-17-2009, 11:39 PM
I don't think I've ever met a bigger self promoter than (Matt Collins).

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 12:01 AM
keep them on their hot seats matt.

WorldonaString
11-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Commented on your behalf. Good luck sir!

LibertyEagle
11-18-2009, 01:15 AM
Carter writes
November 17th, 2009 11:57 pm

No one is throwing him out of the party…cummon now he violates executive county rules by using his title when he writes opinion pieces and acts unprofessionally when representing the exec. committee…

Is this what you did, Matt?

specsaregood
11-18-2009, 01:20 AM

In a way, his disclaimer here is doing just that, no?

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 05:46 AM
In a way, his disclaimer here is doing just that, no?

the gop is dying .this is a good thing. easier to take over a dead party(gop). then a false party(gop)!

kathy88
11-18-2009, 06:23 AM
i don't think i've ever met a bigger self promoter than (matt collins).

this

Perium
11-18-2009, 06:32 AM

I dont think he would be able to participate in this forum if ive read the rules correctly. How ridiculous...

Matt Collins
11-18-2009, 07:04 AM
No, I never claim to speak for the Party. See my signature :)

Matt Collins
11-18-2009, 07:48 AM
This isn't about me, I just happen to be in the middle of it. This is about the fact that the Republican Party is systematically attempting to purge Ron Paul Republicans. It could happen to ANYONE OF US who try to work within the GOP. If you don't believe me then search this forum for the name "Jim Greer" or "Will Pitts".

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 08:06 AM
This isn't about me, I just happen to be in the middle of it. This is about the fact that the Republican Party is systematically attempting to purge Ron Paul Republicans. It could happen to ANYONE OF US who try to work within the GOP. If you don't believe me then search this forum for the name "Jim Greer" or "Will Pitts".

keep up the fight matt. i expect eventually they will try to expel me since i didn't vote for obama or mccain and i stand for republican principles.

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 08:44 AM

?? he has been a blessing to the Ron Paul Revolution, would you rather the man just not get involved. i have never seen him self-promote, only inform!

jmdrake
11-18-2009, 08:49 AM

Matt is on the front lines trying to make a difference. He's helped influence the introduction and subsequent passage of legislation affirming state sovereignty that has had reverberations around the country. What notable contribution have you made?

Matt Collins
11-18-2009, 10:55 PM
?? he has been a blessing to the Ron Paul Revolution, would you rather the man just not get involved. i have never seen him self-promote, only inform!
I do sometimes, usually its just for fun. But most of the time when I do there is a serious and important reason for it.

YumYum
11-19-2009, 12:15 AM

Yeah, right. I see "Matt Collins For President" bumper stickers where ever I go.

american.swan
11-19-2009, 12:22 AM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/17/davidson-county-gop-sets-closed-door-hearing-date-for-ouster-of-ron-paul-supporter/#comments

How were you elected? How can they nullify the vote?

Secondly, if you've never been registered as any other party, what party would they believe you should be registered in, since you're voting presumably with a GOP Ron Paul.

I understand why the bastards would want you out, but how can they even remotely justify it without looking like fools?

Matt Collins
11-19-2009, 08:53 PM
How were you elected? I was elected in an open public forum and actually tied for the chair on the first vote.

Secondly, if you've never been registered as any other party, what party would they believe you should be registered in, since you're voting presumably with a GOP Ron Paul.There are no party registrations in TN. But they are using ignorance as a tool to perpetuate the lie that I'm a "Libertarian" when in fact I'm NOT a member of the LP.

I understand why the bastards would want you out, but how can they even remotely justify it without looking like fools?They can't, and your guesstimate about the result is accurate. Read some of the comments here:

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/28/davidson-county-gop-moves-to-oust-ron-paul-supporting-vice-chair/

Matt Collins
11-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for your words John.

lynnf
11-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I was elected in an open public forum and actually tied for the chair on the first vote.

There are no party registrations in TN. But they are using ignorance as a tool to perpetuate the lie that I'm a "Libertarian" when in fact I'm NOT a member of the LP.

They can't, and your guesstimate about the result is accurate. Read some of the comments here:

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/28/davidson-county-gop-moves-to-oust-ron-paul-supporting-vice-chair/

"when in fact I'm NOT a member of the LP."

make sure you point that out in the deliberations -- you are going to get to
respond to the "charges" aren't you?

do you have any idea of how it's going to go down, i.e. party rules that deal with the situation?

do you have your own parliamentarian that will be there to support you?

lynn

Matt Collins
11-20-2009, 08:04 PM
make sure you point that out in the deliberations -- you are going to get to respond to the "charges" aren't you?Yes.