PDA

View Full Version : The media is doing a "Brer Rabbit" with Sarah Palin

sofia
11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Sarah the dipshit neo-con from Alaska is a national laughhing stock who CANNOT WIN against Obama.

The left media knows this. They attack her not because they want to destroy her...BUT BECAUSE THEY WANT THE GOP TO PICK HER!!!!

The knee jerk reactionaries who vote in GOP primaries will vote for Sarah because the MSM keeps attacking her.

If the MSM truly "feared her" as Lush Limbaugh claims, they would be IGNORING her....like they ignore Ron Paul.

Everytime the MSM attacks her, Sarah's stock goes up with GOP blockheads.

"Oh please don't nominate Sarah...please don't"...the media says...

Just like Brer Rabbit begged not to be thrown into the briar patch when it was actually what he wanted.

BUT THATS'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT.

Ron Paul has got to announce early next year if he wants to break through to the media. I would LOVE to have RP get smeared by the press.

catdd
11-17-2009, 06:37 PM
I remember back during the early part of the primaries, a reporter asked one of Obama's staff who they wanted to win the GOP nomination, and the guy said Ron Paul.
I always thought that was a brer rabbit trick as well. They knew full well that RP would have destroyed Obama in every debate. The Dems would have been reduced to playing the race card endlessly just to sidetrack the real issues.

tonyTheBest
11-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Sarah the dipshit neo-con from Alaska is a national laughhing stock who CANNOT WIN against Obama.

The left media knows this. They attack her not because they want to destroy her...BUT BECAUSE THEY WANT THE GOP TO PICK HER!!!!

The knee jerk reactionaries who vote in GOP primaries will vote for Sarah because the MSM keeps attacking her.

If the MSM truly "feared her" as Lush Limbaugh claims, they would be IGNORING her....like they ignore Ron Paul.

Just like Brer Rabbit begged not to be thrown into the briar patch when it was actually what he wanted.

Ron Paul has got to announce early next year if he wants to break through to the media. I would LOVE to have RP get smeared by the press.

Sarah Palin is smarter than you ever thought she was.
The reason MSM attacks her is because they fear her popularity, anti-establishment.
Please remember where she came from. She did not grow up with a silver spoon.

Ron Paul is ignored for a different reason. He doesn't have the charisma to draw a massive amount of audience. He can only draw a small dedicated group like us. If they ignore him, nothing will happen. But they can't do that with Sarah Palin.

Not only do the liberals attack her but also the republicans. Why? Because she is a maverick, an anti-establishment. She is not like Barack Obama who is easily manipulated. She does not fit in the political mold.

NoHero
11-17-2009, 07:42 PM
The reason MSM attacks her is because they fear her popularity, anti-establishment.

Ron Paul is ignored for a different reason. He doesn't have the charisma to draw a massive amount of audience. He can only draw a small dedicated group like us. If they ignore him, nothing will happen. But they can't do that with Sarah Palin.

Not only do the liberals attack her but also the republicans. Why? Because she is a maverick, an anti-establishment. She is not like Barack Obama who is easily manipulated. She does not fit in the political mold.

Doesn't fit the political mold? She's supported by neocon whackjobs like Bill Kristol and Rudy Giuliani. What has she done that you would consider smart? She's only recently took certain stances that somewhat appeal to our crowd, but I don't expect her to deliver on them. She couldn't even finish an entire term as governor, which if she was doing as good of a job as some claim, would have only benefited the country.

The OP is correct in that the media WANTS her as a candidate, and that's why they show her mug on the news every day. She's a propopent of the military-industrial complex, not to mention easily defeatable in a general election. It's win/win for the MSM. If they didn't want her to gain popularity they wouldn't mention her name. There's no such thing as bad PR. You've obviously been fooled into the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" deception.

RM918
11-17-2009, 07:44 PM

Show the proof! How is she a 'maverick'? Is supporting the exact same foreign policy as everyone else 'mavericky'? Is supporting the exact same monetary policy as everyone else 'mavericky'? Is supporting the exact same drug war as everyone else 'mavericky'? Sarah Palin is to the GOP what Barack Obama was to the Dems in '07. Nothing but statism, dressed up pretty with pretty words.

sofia
11-17-2009, 07:57 PM

anti-Establishment my foot.

Sarah is an ultra ambitious drama queen who will do or say anything to gain fame and fortune.

For God's sake, she QUIT as governor so she couls cash in on the fools who would buy her ghost written book.

She was pro-bailout...pro war...pro-Israel and her chief advisors are neo-cons devils like Bill Kristol.

She cant even be a good mom so how is she going to be a good president? Druggie son, slutty daughter.....Compare her dysfunctional clan to the wonderful Paul family.

It is Ron Paul that the media fears...not this Bush clone in high heels.

constituent
11-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Sarah is an ultra ambitious drama queen who will do or say anything to gain fame and fortune.

talk to the legs...

American Idol
11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Doesn't fit the political mold? She's supported by neocon whackjobs like Bill Kristol and Rudy Giuliani.

But she's despised by Christopher Hitchens and Charles Krauthammer, so I guess it's a push? :)

tonyTheBest
11-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Doesn't fit the political mold? She's supported by neocon whackjobs like Bill Kristol and Rudy Giuliani. What has she done that you would consider smart? She's only recently took certain stances that somewhat appeal to our crowd, but I don't expect her to deliver on them. She couldn't even finish an entire term as governor, which if she was doing as good of a job as some claim, would have only benefited the country.

The OP is correct in that the media WANTS her as a candidate, and that's why they show her mug on the news every day. She's a propopent of the military-industrial complex, not to mention easily defeatable in a general election. It's win/win for the MSM. If they didn't want her to gain popularity they wouldn't mention her name. There's no such thing as bad PR. You've obviously been fooled into the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" deception.

For starter, she has the "supporters" does not make her one of them.
She defeated her own GOP establishment to win the primary.
She made the oil companies to pay higher tax when the gas price goes up.. This is the most significant achievement that no one in America has done this.
She returned money to the people instead of taxing them. This is one of Ron Paul's desires.

NoHero
11-18-2009, 12:11 AM
For starter, she has the "supporters" does not make her one of them.
She defeated her own GOP establishment to win the primary.
She made the oil companies to pay higher tax when the gas price goes up.. This is the most significant achievement that no one in America has done this.
She returned money to the people instead of taxing them. This is one of Ron Paul's desires.

Yes, but endless war and supporting unconstitutional methods like torture and wiretaps are against Ron Paul's desires, but being that she has no clue about foriegn policy and probably couldn't point out Syria on a map, it's a moot point... Well, she knows where Russia is at least. These issues are much more important to me, and hopefully most around here, than making the oil companies in AK pay every citizen a couple thousand dollars a year... before quitting on her constituents that is.

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 12:18 AM
palin is a bad joke that just will not go away. nominating palin would be a sure fire way to get this republican to campaign against the gop!! just say NO to neocons. palin is a dingleberry of the neo-con movement!

Athan
11-18-2009, 12:20 AM
The media does want her. She will continue pleasing the AIPAC, ADL, and the southern poverty law center.

Brian4Liberty
11-18-2009, 12:21 AM
But she's despised by Christopher Hitchens and Charles Krauthammer, so I guess it's a push? :)

Links please. :)

Liberty Star
11-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Interesting take:

November 17, 2009

'Liberal’ media promote Palin

Those of you who claim the media has a liberal bias, please witness the inordinate amount of coverage being given to Sarah Palin’s book.

Previews and reviews of Palin’s book are being treated as news by respected media outlets, including The Star (11/14, A1, “Palin tells her side of story”).

Palin’s publisher does not need to commit any marketing dollars to this book because the mainstream media are promoting it with abandon. This certainly credibly disputes the cries of “liberal media bias.”

http://blogs.kansascity.com/unfettered_letters/2009/11/liberal-media-promote-palin.html

It could be because she pushes neocons agenda.

specsaregood
11-18-2009, 12:33 AM
The Dems would have been reduced to playing the race card endlessly just to sidetrack the real issues.

Ya know, that race card is gonna be a lot less playable next election cycle. White guilt is dead.....and it could just as easily backfire when played in a couple years....

Pauls' Revere
11-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Are we being set up for the "battle of the babes"?

Hillary v/s Palin ??? in 2012. I hope to hell not!!

and thus our first female president in a epic campaign struggle costing billions of dollars.

Peace&Freedom
11-18-2009, 12:51 AM
The OP has it backwards. It's Palin who is doing a Brer Rabbit on the MSM, egging them on with "please keep covering me because you think I'm a weak candidate for '12," when she is actually one of the stronger GOP candidates available to face off with Obama. The media THINKS they are setting up a lamb for the slaughter (as they did with Reagan before 1980, thinking he was too old to be viable), only to find out differently later. As Rockwell wrote in his blog:

"Last fall, just after the election, the late Burt Blumert predicted that the campaign against Sarah would never end, for two reasons. One, the liberal women and their men of the Democratic party hate her looks and her refusal to have an abortion, not to speak of her decision to have five children or to shoot moose. Two, they feared she was the one Republican who could beat Obama in 2012. Too bad she is an unreflective warmonger and is pals with Bill Kristol, but she has picked up on the issue that powered Nixon-Agnew to victory—middle American dislike of the mainstream media, a dislike that still typifies the Republican base all these years later."

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 05:50 AM
The media does want her. She will continue pleasing the AIPAC, ADL, and the southern poverty law center.

as a republican, i would never want her, she is a dingleberry to the neo-con movement. dingleberry, a piece of crap that is just hanging by a thread on your anus that will not go away, cut or wipe the turd away.

libertarian4321
11-18-2009, 06:03 AM
when she is actually one of the stronger GOP candidates available to face off with Obama.

If the "choice" in 2012 comes down to Obama vs. Palin, we are all completely screwed!

Lets hope the Republicans nominate a candidate who is at least somewhat palatable (and to me, that means more than acting cutesy and winking).

tonyTheBest
11-18-2009, 06:12 AM

They like her so much that they threw dirt over her face whenever they have a chance.

All I can hear from some of you is just bashing not real objectivity.

That just proves a point that she is a real deal.

If she is one of the traditional GOP, they would promote her not the other way around.

Remember nobody is trained to be president not even Ron Paul.

Romulus
11-18-2009, 06:20 AM
sarah the dipshit neo-con from alaska is a national laughhing stock who cannot win against obama.

The left media knows this. They attack her not because they want to destroy her...but because they want the gop to pick her!!!!

The knee jerk reactionaries who vote in gop primaries will vote for sarah because the msm keeps attacking her.

If the msm truly "feared her" as lush limbaugh claims, they would be ignoring her....like they ignore ron paul.

Everytime the msm attacks her, sarah's stock goes up with gop blockheads.

"oh please don't nominate sarah...please don't"...the media says...

Just like brer rabbit begged not to be thrown into the briar patch when it was actually what he wanted.

But thats's exactly what they want.

Ron paul has got to announce early next year if he wants to break through to the media. I would love to have rp get smeared by the press.

qft

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 06:54 AM
If the "choice" in 2012 comes down to Obama vs. Palin, we are all completely screwed!

Lets hope the Republicans nominate a candidate who is at least somewhat palatable (and to me, that means more than acting cutesy and winking).

Ron Paul 2012. the gop has no other. The only way the gop will get my vote is if they run a pro-peace/anti-war(small gov)/anti-drug war(small gov)/pro civil liberties candidate. they(gop failed leaders) are not even close to those positions.

who in the gop even comes close to Ron Paul's Republican Platform? Ron Paul and __________. the gop really has a problem aka credibility problem! can i even trust a gop republican other then ron paul? right now that answer is NO.

tonyTheBest
11-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Ron Paul 2012. the gop has no other. The only way the gop will get my vote is if they run a pro-peace/anti-war(small gov)/anti-drug war(small gov)/pro civil liberties candidate. they(gop failed leaders) are not even close to those positions.

who in the gop even comes close to Ron Paul's Republican Platform? Ron Paul and __________. the gop really has a problem aka credibility problem! can i even trust a gop republican other then ron paul? right now that answer is NO.

Forget Ron Paul for 2012. He would be too old for presidency. Common sense guys.

catdd
11-18-2009, 07:40 AM
You're wrong.

WClint
11-18-2009, 07:45 AM
The Neocons in Israel dont like Obama, yet Billy Crystal loves the Jews but wants to lose...

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Forget Ron Paul for 2012. He would be too old for presidency. Common sense guys.

that is not what i am saying, what i am saying is if the gop does not run a ron paul 2012 type candidate. then the gop can kiss my republican vote good bye, common sense. by saying ron paul 2012, what we are saying is the gop better shape up or we will ship them out.

ron paul 2012 says more then just ron paul 2012;) common sense:) feel free to give me a name other then ron paul that follows theron paul platform?? that is worth a dam as a republican candidate. i would love to see the long/short list.

pro-peace/anti-war(small gov)/anti-drug war(small gov)/pro civil liberties candidate. does the gop even have a candidate with any credibility that follows the republican platform? aka ron pauls platform

RM918
11-18-2009, 08:28 AM

Common sense is looking both ways before crossing the street, a 'too old' wave-off is more like common idiocy. As far as recognition, principles, and consistency goes, Paul is the best we've got like it or not.

sofia
11-18-2009, 08:32 AM

bashing RP now?

RP at 75 has 1000 times more intellect and 1000 times more character than Alaskan barbie does he not?

tony the neo-con troll???

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Common sense is looking both ways before crossing the street, a 'too old' wave-off is more like common idiocy. As far as recognition, principles, and consistency goes, Paul is the best we've got like it or not.

i hear you. is there anyone else other then ron paul in the gop that comes close to ron pauls platform? i think not. the gop really has no credibility to run a ron paul type of candidate, even if they tried. the gop better hope they nominate Ron Paul in 2012. what other option do they really have? unless they run a ron paul type of candidate. they will never earn my vote or life-long republicans i know. the gop is to blame for alienating republicans! the gop has alot of work to regain the credibility they lost. they haven't even figured out why they lost yet,by alienating republicans in their own conventions. never forget colorado or nevada conventions and their actions by failed gop leaders! i will never forget!

RM918
11-18-2009, 08:40 AM
i hear you. is there anyone else other then ron paul in the gop that comes close to ron pauls platform? i think not. the gop really has no credibility to run a ron paul type of candidate, even if they tried. the gop better hope they nominate Ron Paul in 2012. what other option do they really have? unless they run a ron paul type of candidate. they will never earn my vote or life-long republicans i know. the gop is to blame for alienating republicans! the gop has alot of work to regain the credibility they lost. they haven't even figured out why they lost yet,by alienating republicans in their own conventions. never forget colorado or nevada conventions and their actions by failed gop leaders! i will never forget!

The horror here is that Sarah Palin could win. With how Beck and everyone has been building her up, I can see the GOP framing her as the conservative 'change' candidate and pulling another '08. It is crazy enough to work, and I think people are stupid enough to do it.

And Palin would not be an improvement over Obama. Not even a little. Same shit, different day.

speciallyblend
11-18-2009, 08:53 AM
The horror here is that Sarah Palin could win. With how Beck and everyone has been building her up, I can see the GOP framing her as the conservative 'change' candidate and pulling another '08. It is crazy enough to work, and I think people are stupid enough to do it.

And Palin would not be an improvement over Obama. Not even a little. Same shit, different day.

palin is no better then obama. if palin wins this country is just as screwed. i highly doubt she will win a general election. this is just a badjoke by msm to entertain the masses for a few years, that is all. if america elects palin. then america is screwed. the gop wants nothing better to do then alienate the ron paul revolution,this is obvious!! but what they haven't figured out is alienating us,ensures they lose;) and you can take that vote to the bank!!!

catdd
11-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Well it's exactly the same mentality of people who voted for Obama. They act like the Presidency is suppose to be a beauty contest or some kind of high school popularity contest.
They completely ignore the issues or distort them.

Brian4Liberty
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
They act like the Presidency is suppose to be a beauty contest or some kind of high school popularity contest.

Unfortunately, that's what it has come to.

Brian4Liberty
11-18-2009, 11:32 AM

But Palin would have great advisers! Let's see, her economic team would start with Greenspan and Paulson, maybe with Jamie Dimon, Larry Kudlow and Jim Cramer too.

Athan
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
They like her so much that they threw dirt over her face whenever they have a chance.

All I can hear from some of you is just bashing not real objectivity.

That just proves a point that she is a real deal.

If she is one of the traditional GOP, they would promote her not the other way around.

Remember nobody is trained to be president not even Ron Paul.

The ADL and AIPAC are and will be pleased on her Israel support instead of saying we need to stop meddling in the region. This isn't a bash. It is a fact.

With that comment AIPAC and the ADL WILL sponsor her.

catdd
11-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Unfortunately, that's what it has come to.

It's no wonder the country is in this mess.

sofia
11-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Well it's exactly the same mentality of people who voted for Obama. They act like the Presidency is suppose to be a beauty contest or some kind of high school popularity contest.
They completely ignore the issues or distort them.

The handsome "left wing" bi-racial man vs. the hot "right wing" hockey mom next door.

Neither with any brains nor character....both controlled by a gang of zionist handlers (Obama by Emmanuel, Axelrod)...Sarah by Kristol, Schueneman)

Pay no attention to that elderly physician and intellectual who is also an expert on economics.....

what a pathetic circus our national elections have become.

ItsTime
11-18-2009, 11:45 AM
This is why Fox News is pushing her so hard.

It is Glenn Becks duty to get the gop to back Palin as an "outsider" so Obama gets another term.

Brian4Liberty
11-18-2009, 12:21 PM
This is why Fox News is pushing her so hard.

It is Glenn Becks duty to get the gop to back Palin as an "outsider" so Obama gets another term.

It's not so much about making sure that Obama wins. The main goal is to make sure that you own both horses in a two horse race.

Peace&Freedom
11-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Of course Paul is better than Palin, and of course there would be little difference between Palin and Obama in office. What seems to be lacking here is a measure of objectivity to examine Palin's strength as a candidate, because of our hostility to her views. There has also been a vast overrating of the wisdom of the media's strategy of pushing her because THEY think Obama will crush her. May I remind you THEY thought there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, THEY thought the Paul supporters were going to go away after spring 2008, etc.

The MSM is blind as a bat to trends in middle America, and their sonar doesn't compensate. Palin has that pulse, for good or ill. Palin is vastly more popular than the rest of the GOP rivals for 2012 (Romney, Huckabee et al) and is doing a better job right now in engaging the party base than they are. Unless we can get Paul or his replacement a head of steam for early wins, she stands to smoke the primaries and go on from there to at least edge out what will be a damaged Obama in 2012.

sofia
11-18-2009, 01:16 PM
The main goal is to make sure that you own both horses in a two horse race.

Although Palin and Obama both answer to the same globalist bosses, there is one big difference between them.

The NWO has two competing camps that are often at odds, and even at war, with each other.

The Neo-cons who are fanatically pro-Israel and always favor war as their means to an end....

and the Trilaterals, who see the Israeli thing as a big distraction, and prefer quiet subversion of nations as oppossed to all out war.

Cheney, Rumsfeld, Kristol, Palin = Neo cons
Obama, Brezinksi, Rockefeller, Soros, Gates = Trilats

Think of their internal wars as a Mafia war between the Gambinos and the Bonannos......

Romulus
11-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Yes.. setting up Palin to run in 2012 thinking Obama will win is not a NWO master plan. Neocons actually think that twat can win and are frantically grooming her for that.

I predict that Republicans are just stupid enough to buy into the BS too.

And when the time is right..the liberty movement will draft Ron Paul.. and he will CRUSH the neocons in ANY debate!

Light
11-18-2009, 03:57 PM
I do agree that the liberals attack Palin so fervently because they want the right to rally around her simply because she is a glass-jaw candidate. However, keep in mind that even if she has the popularity, she is cooked if she does not manage herself well during the primaries. From side reports during her brief VP stint, it seemed to me that she was callously spending campaign funds for herself and family. Since she will likely be competing with seasoned campaigners, financial irresponibility and mismanagement will cook her goose in the 2012 primaries (if she indeed decides to run in them). However, what goes into Palin's favor is that there are no other strong Republican contenders to compete with her and most other possible candidates carry some sort of baggage. Anyway, I still think its too early to make a proper assessment of these kind of things.

Romulus
11-18-2009, 03:59 PM
shes quit the gov to propagate her book tour to fund her 2012 bid. anyone can see this coming a mile away.

YumYum
11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
talk to the legs...

Yeah, but she has some nasty, gnarley toes.

parocks
11-21-2009, 01:18 AM
The media wants neither Palin nor Paul.

They could safely ignore Paul, and were successful.

They can't ignore Palin, as her numbers are too high, so their only option is to attack her. (At least they have drawn that conclusion - she was, after all, the VP nominee - drawing crowds in the tens of thousands last year).

parocks
11-21-2009, 01:21 AM
shes quit the gov to propagate her book tour to fund her 2012 bid. anyone can see this coming a mile away.

Book tour, helping the Republicans stop Obama, helping the Republicans pick up seats in the House and Senate in 2010, a few other things we don't know about, then the 2012 bid.

parocks
11-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Palin would likely beat Obama head on, provided the economy doesn't turn around substantially.

This attacking her to make the right like her theory is too clever by half. They are attacking her to hurt her. It's usually how it works. And what is unusual in Palin's case is that it's not working. Did the media attack George Allen in 2006 to get him to win? No, they knocked him out because he was a strong, conservative potential candidate in 2008. They knock out strong conservatives whenever they can. The media wants Romney or Gingrich this time around. Gingrich is no longer conservative.

The media does want Paul even less than they want Palin, though.

I do agree that the liberals attack Palin so fervently because they want the right to rally around her simply because she is a glass-jaw candidate. However, keep in mind that even if she has the popularity, she is cooked if she does not manage herself well during the primaries. From side reports during her brief VP stint, it seemed to me that she was callously spending campaign funds for herself and family. Since she will likely be competing with seasoned campaigners, financial irresponibility and mismanagement will cook her goose in the 2012 primaries (if she indeed decides to run in them). However, what goes into Palin's favor is that there are no other strong Republican contenders to compete with her and most other possible candidates carry some sort of baggage. Anyway, I still think its too early to make a proper assessment of these kind of things.