PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul endorses Joe Seehusen for Maryland State Senate

Don
11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
From the Desk of Congressman Ron Paul

Dear Friends,

As you know, it is simply not enough to want freedom; it is a historic struggle that must be renewed with each generation, each election, and each standard-bearer that we choose to represent the values we hold dear.

This is why I offer my endorsement to my friend, Joe Seehusen.

Throughout his career in business and politics, Joe has shown himself to be a fearless and effective advocate of our ideals. It was Joe’s tireless efforts and strategic vision that delivered a resounding win for my presidential campaign in Jefferson County, Iowa. It is that same vision that can deliver victory in Maryland's 42nd State Senate district.

I am confident of Joe’s potential in this race because, in addition to being a native son with deep roots, he has chosen the right strategy and the right race. It was on the floor of the Maryland Senate in 1783 that George Washington resigned his commission as the leader of the Continental Army, the final act in our nation’s struggle for independence. The symbolism of returning that spirit to this chamber should not be lost on any of us.

A victory for liberty in Maryland is a victory for liberty everywhere. Our struggle is not just in the halls of Congress. It is in state houses and city halls, school boards and local diners, on independent radio, at dinner tables, and in the myriad of other places where hearts are touched and minds are changed. Joe has a firm understanding of this fact, and he has committed himself to reaching deep into his community to lead the way toward a more prosperous and hopeful future.

Pragmatic, tough, and principled, Joe Seehusen is a candidate that we can all be proud to support. That is why I am asking you to join me in supporting Joe Seehusen for the Maryland State Senate.

In Liberty,

Congressman Ron Paul

For more info, you can check out joeformaryland.com