PDA

View Full Version : Obama: 'I have never used Twitter'

bobbyw24
11-17-2009, 11:53 AM
By Michael O'Brien - 11/16/09 07:45 AM ET

President Barack Obama, the source of one of the world's most-followed Twitter account, said Monday he's never used the microblogging service.

During a town hall meeting with students in Shanghai, China, the president conceded he's never personally used Twitter, and encouraged more open internet access in China, where internet censorship runs rampant.

"First of all, let me say that I have never used Twitter," Obama told students in response to a question submitted online and conveyed by his ambassador, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman (R).

"I noticed that young people -- they're very busy with all these electronics," the president joked. "My thumbs are too clumsy to type in things on the phone."

The "@BarackObama" Twitter feed has nearly 2.7 million followers, and his administered by his political arm, Organizing for America. His campaign was known for its use of social networking tools like Twitter, an ethos which has extended into the Obama administration, where the official "@WhiteHouse" feed has almost 1.5 million followers.

Follow me at: http://www.twitter.com/AbolishTheFed

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/67865-obama-i-have-never-used-twitter

wizardwatson
11-17-2009, 12:00 PM
I suppose next he'll reveal he doesn't write his own speeches. :rolleyes:

I predict Obama to be the boringest Prez since Carter.

kahless
11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
President Barack Obama, the source of one of the world's most-followed Twitter account, said Monday he's never used the microblogging service.

Finally something I like about the guy.

dannno
11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
"My thumbs are too clumsy to type in things on the phone."

A few weeks of practice on an iPhone and he'd be able to write a dissertation in a few minutes..

I doubt they'd let him do it, though..

Liberty Star
11-17-2009, 05:43 PM
So some hot lib chick Stephanie was calling Palin a "Twitter Quitter" yesterday and now turns out their own leader never tweeted?

Hopycrisy of some people knows no bounds. If she's a quitter, he's a non-starter.