PDA

View Full Version : Palin says presidency "not on my radar screen"

bobbyw24
11-17-2009, 05:44 AM
By Andrew Stern

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Sarah Palin said a run for the White House in 2012 is "not on my radar screen right now" as the Republican carefully did not close the door to a possible candidacy in an interview that launched her big book tour.

Palin spoke to TV talk show hostess Oprah Winfrey as she began the roll-out to her memoir, "Going Rogue: An American Life." Palin made clear she wanted to concentrate on the 2010 congressional elections in which Republicans hope to make inroads into Democratic majorities in the U.S. Congress.

"I'm concentrating on 2010 and making sure that we have issues to tackle," Palin said in the interview taped last week and broadcast on Monday. "I don't know what I'm going to be doing in 2012. (Running for president is) not on my radar screen right now."

The former Alaska governor and unsuccessful 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate, who is popular among many U.S. conservatives, has embarked on a campaign-style media tour to promote Tuesday's release of her book.

Her appearance on Winfrey's program, one of the most watched daytime shows on U.S. television, comes as political insiders watch her every move to see if she may launch a bid for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Winfrey actively supported Democrat Barack Obama during last year's campaign.

Palin is to hit a dozen states during a book tour that will take her mostly

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE5AC55F20091116

squarepusher
11-17-2009, 05:51 AM
Palin has a radar! :D

Bucjason
11-17-2009, 07:19 AM
I watched the interview with The Oprah.

She is clearly planning on running , you could tell by her body language. She just doesn't want to say it yet.

ClayTrainor
11-17-2009, 07:28 AM
I watched the interview with The Oprah.

She is clearly planning on running , you could tell by her body language. She just doesn't want to say it yet.

I agree, there's no way she's not going to run. If I put money on the race, Palin will be my first pick for the Primary, because I think it's a smart bet. Nobody has the ability perpetuate the false left vs right paradigm, quite like she does, and she does have mass republican appeal.

Havax
11-17-2009, 08:07 AM
I agree, there's no way she's not going to run. If I put money on the race, Palin will be my first pick for the Primary, because I think it's a smart bet. Nobody has the ability perpetuate the false left vs right paradigm, quite like she does, and she does have mass republican appeal.

I seriously hope you're joking.

ClayTrainor
11-17-2009, 08:10 AM
I seriously hope you're joking.

I'm not. I don't support her, and am repulsed by the thought of her winning but, I think she's playing her cards smart, and has the media power to win. I think she's the most likely to take the nomination at this point. Just my opinion, of course.

I will have many sleepless nights trying to stop this from happening, if Ron Paul is running but, the power is strong in Palin. She has support, she has media wrapped around her fingers, she even has a few people who like her on this forum. Unfortunately she's got what it takes to win. :(

tonesforjonesbones
11-17-2009, 08:19 AM
I don't care for her zionism. I like a lot of things about Palin. I would vote for Ron Paul first if he is running. I would vote for Michelle Bachman if she runs. If it's between Palin and some democrat ( Obama) lol I'd vote for Palin. I think the Libertarian Party should focus on trying to win local and state elections for now. If they can't win those why bother with national? tones

ClayTrainor
11-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I don't care for her zionism. I like a lot of things about Palin. I would vote for Ron Paul first if he is running. I would vote for Michelle Bachman if she runs. If it's between Palin and some democrat ( Obama) lol I'd vote for Palin. I think the Libertarian Party should focus on trying to win local and state elections for now. If they can't win those why bother with national? tones

I hear ya on the local and state elections, that's definitely an easier way to actually win elections. :) I'm personally going to place a large portion of my focus/activism on business activism, and trying to help some friends get financially independent from government and banks.

If Ron Paul doesn't run in 2012, there's a good chance i won't even watch the presidential elections.

tonesforjonesbones
11-17-2009, 08:27 AM
That sounds like a good idea clay. I think I am going to run for soil and water board. There are a couple of other libertarians running for county commissioner spots..and I dont think they have a chance in hell of winning because they are less than 25 years old..but I commend them for stepping out there. My town has never had a libertarian party before...now we do..and it will be exciting to see libertarians on the ballot. Tones

tonyTheBest
11-17-2009, 08:32 AM
I would support Palin in a heart beat. I think she's smart and dedicated. She also has the libertarian thinking in her (small government...). I would love to see Ron Paul and Sarah Palin get together over a dinner.

YumYum
11-17-2009, 08:38 AM
I would support Palin in a heart beat. I think she's smart and dedicated. She also has the libertarian thinking in her (small government...). I would love to see Ron Paul and Sarah Palin get together over a dinner.

If I was an anarchist/capitalist, I would vote her in office in a heartbeat, because she would have this country so screwed up by the time she was through, we wouldn't have a government, but total anarchy and chaos instead. Anybody that makes a comment on national TV "You never question Israel" is hopelessly lost. When she said that, I realized she is nothing more than a puppet with lipstick.

ClayTrainor
11-17-2009, 09:21 AM
If I was an anarchist/capitalist, I would vote her in office in a heartbeat, because she would have this country so screwed up by the time she was through,

I tend to lean towards An-cap / voluntarist solutions and I don't hope for a depression and chaos, to do so would to be to declare that the ends justify the means, and they don't! Palin in office is nothing but a bad thing for everybody.

we wouldn't have a government, but total anarchy and chaos instead.

Are you conflating chaos with anarchy?

"Government planning causes chaos" - Ron Paul :)

Anybody that makes a comment on national TV "You never question Israel" is hopelessly lost. When she said that, I realized she is nothing more than a puppet with lipstick.

Yup. 100% agree. Anyone who thinks Palin is a solution or will "take us in the right direction", is playing right into the left vs right paradigm and perpetuating the problem.

MelissaWV
11-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Palin is another dolt who will be surrounded by anxious handlers, brilliant behind-the-scenes puppetmasters who get policies passed.

This is the simplest way I can point out the blasphemy of saying she'd have the same effect as Dr. Paul: She will get new policies put into place. Lots of them. He would repeal the excess of crap we already have.

I don't want more Band-Aids. Our economy is screwed? Let's think up a stimulus. That didn't work? Another stimulus. Stimulus packages don't seem to work... let's create more Government jobs? How about healthcare czars? Let's crack down on drugs and alcohol abuses so we can employ more police? It's awful. Just stop.

Peel off the layers of waste, then look at the money that's coming in, and dole it out intelligently. That's the first practical step. From there, start eliminating the unfair tax structure we have, dismantling it bit by bit. Keep moving that "Government" reading towards at least Constitutional levels.

Are you really thinking Palin is going to do that? Wants to do that? Has the moxie and charisma to do that?

akforme
11-17-2009, 09:53 AM

What the fuck is going on with this board? Has Fox infiltrated us? If you support Palin, they your a neocon of the worst order. She increased our budget, increased our government, she invaded our privacy in healthcare, and she fucking quit for her own interested. Have you not learned a fucking thing?

You need to go hang out here where you'll fit in better:
http://forums.hannity.com/
Ignorance and stupidity are excepted and encouraged there.

specsaregood
11-17-2009, 09:57 AM
I think a Palin in the white house would be great humor for everybody. Snowmobile races for charity on the whitehouse lawn? And any "beer summits" would surely feature Milwaukee Ice or Budweiser prominently.

lester1/2jr
11-17-2009, 10:03 AM
akforme- I didn't know we did ideological purity tests here

MsDoodahs
11-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Palin or Huck, either of them is a sure LOSER for the GOP.

The neocons at the top of the GOP will decide which of the two is the sure loser and that is the one that will get the nod.

The neocons WANT BO to get a second term, and they WILL make sure that he does.

:mad:

specsaregood
11-17-2009, 10:08 AM
The neocons WANT BO to get a second term, and they WILL make sure that he does.
:mad:

Indeed, that way they can pretend to be fighting the good fight, all the while happy that the big govt legislation gets through...

angelatc
11-17-2009, 10:11 AM
I seem to recall Barack Obama saying he wasn't going to run in 2008. Politicians: people who don't mean anything they say.

akforme
11-17-2009, 10:14 AM
akforme- I didn't know we did ideological purity tests here

I thought people were awake on this board and for principal not just power.

My mistake I guess.

buck000
11-17-2009, 11:18 AM
I continued to be stunned at how Palin has managed to have her 15 mins of fame extended to, apparently, years. :(

lester1/2jr
11-17-2009, 11:37 AM
I thought people were awake on this board and for principal not just power.

My mistake I guess.

they use their own definations, not yours

Original_Intent
11-17-2009, 12:04 PM
The only problem I have with Ron Paul and Sarah getting together over dinner, is I think that Ron has the tendency to believe the best of people and I think if he did support Palin she would be another Ronald Reaganesque disappointment for him.

WClint
11-17-2009, 08:00 PM
She could the puppet and Ron Paul could be her Dick... Cheny
YouTube - Sarah Palin Plugs Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Over McCai (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6o6y8x5jGg)

sofia
11-17-2009, 08:11 PM

she's as dumb as rocks...

a sexier George Bush....nothing more

pro war...pro big government...pro Israeli Christian Zionist fanatic

pcosmar
11-17-2009, 08:14 PM
She has a Radar Screen?

ProBlue33
11-17-2009, 08:19 PM
I can't believe it, the GOP will put her up if they want to lose. She quit her job as Governor way too early, she will be tagged a quitter. The GOP base would love her for sure, but whats good for the base, doesn't win elections. Although maybe Obama will mess up so bad people will vote for change once again.

Dieseler
11-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Haven't any of you figured it out yet?
It matters not who is President.

Peace&Freedom
11-18-2009, 12:32 AM
No one is going to remember or really care about Palin resiigning as Governor early by 2012. She's going to do well because she's widely percieved as the right's answer to Hillary. She brings out intense envy or distain from Beltway people, which in turn fuels the comeback that they're attacking her because she's a woman (the same card Hillary was able to play to deflect scrutiny over the years). As Rockwell wrote in his blog yesterday:

"Last fall, just after the election, the late Burt Blumert predicted that the campaign against Sarah would never end, for two reasons. One, the liberal women and their men of the Democratic party hate her looks and her refusal to have an abortion, not to speak of her decision to have five children or to shoot moose. Two, they feared she was the one Republican who could beat Obama in 2012. Too bad she is an unreflective warmonger and is pals with Bill Kristol, but she has picked up on the issue that powered Nixon-Agnew to victory—middle American dislike of the mainstream media, a dislike that still typifies the Republican base all these years later."

Michigan11
11-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Indeed, that way they can pretend to be fighting the good fight, all the while happy that the big govt legislation gets through...

So true..

Other repubs I know like her, and it's the one issue I stay away from, hoping they will look a bit more into depth. The latest emails were about getting her book..uh! Oh well these same people are also supporting Ron and Rand so not all bad.

Pauls' Revere
11-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Palin has a radar! :D

No, just a radar screen. Hence she cannot see a presidential run.