PDA

View Full Version : Does C4L solicit for donations too often?

Free Moral Agent
11-16-2009, 11:45 PM
I've gotten 4-6 pieces of mail in the last six months from CFL, which relative to other advertisements I suppose thats not much. However, I think it would be nice for C4L to every once in a while provide more literature instead of sending an emotionally charged letter and asking for a donation.

On a side note, do you feel obligated to send a donation if you return one of their signed petitions? Do you believe these are effective?

Kludge
11-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Get the robocalls stating everything you already knew with an emotional spin, yet?

Free Moral Agent
11-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Haha yep! Got some droll asking me to hear a recorded message of Tate, then of course the obligatory "stay on the line to pledge your support by..." *CLICK*

robertwerden
11-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Listen, we all hate getting the calls but lets be honest, CFL cant work with out capital. The way they should do it though is by targeting us with a reason for the money like a chipin.

If I know they need 100k to do a commercial that slams Lindsey Grahm Ill send some money. We just want to know what they are doing with the money and also to see the fruits of it.

pacelli
11-17-2009, 08:39 AM
I already gave them a donation, even though I didn't intend to. It was probably included in the millions that RP gave to the CFL that were leftovers from the presidential campaign. I maxed out to the presidential campaign, and intended for that money to be spent on winning the presidential campaign. I'm really sad to see how much money the CFL has spent on stationary and postage. I don't like accepting telephone calls at all (which is why I am unlisted), so when the robocalls from (202) come in, I just don't answer the phone.

MRoCkEd
11-17-2009, 08:42 AM
One of the C4L guys talked about this at a regional conference. He says the reason they do this is simple - it works. They have raised millions through these letters and calls.

dr. hfn
11-17-2009, 10:30 AM
I really like this commercial moneybomb.

TheState
11-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Do they post their budget anywhere? I've heard they've raised millions, but I'd like to see what they do with it.