PDA

View Full Version : Crunch Time: 96 days, Odds against us. Lets think BIGGER ideas

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Our goal is to win.
We have 96 days, maybe less.
We have one shot.

We have one shot. The time is right for this Ron Paul Revolution; there are many reasons why. But this opportunity we now hold in our hands will never come again.

The future of our nation lies with us, and with the people who will soon join this freedom movement.

We have the answer: freedom. We have the man: Ron Paul. We have each other.

We have what we need to win.

Kent Snyder
Chairman
Ron Paul 2008
http://www.ronpaul2008.com
============================

Time to think Bigger, Better, and More Creative ideas.

I personally loved the Paint the Town Ron. I want to see bigger ideas like that. How can we top that. How can we get ever group in sync with those types of demonstrations.

I'm willing to donate a thousand dollars to execute a great idea and I hope others will donate what they can too. Right now money means nothing to me so don't let that be a limitation.

Let the ideas flow. This is our one shot!

Let the Revolution Begin!

ItsTime
10-02-2007, 06:48 PM
we are there. We have TV ads that are airing NOW in New Hampshire because of grassroots with help of this forum and soon we will have flyers in 100,000 papers in New Hampshire. What bigger things can we do?

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 06:50 PM
We need an army of volunteers to go door-to-door handing out campaign literature in New Hampshire, I would think.

cujothekitten
10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Sky writers (airplanes that write in the sky with smoke)

A very large rally in late October (in Iowa or NH)... one where we get as many people to come from out of town as possible. The rally will have a small hayride, trick or treating (for the kids), speeches by as many famous people as we can get, and maybe a small concert with a known artist.

Rent one of these things for city rallies that are at night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwB52C65I3w
On top of that talk to some guys at Graffiti Research Lab and see if they can do some stuff for you

Drknows
10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
What we need is Air time like skiingff is doing. And how to do we get air time? We have to buy but money doest grow on trees for most.

So we need ways to make large sums of cash doing business. We need to take 1 dollar and turn into to 20.

ItsTime
10-02-2007, 06:52 PM
We need an army of volunteers to go door-to-door handing out campaign literature in New Hampshire, I would think.

oops sorry forgot about that the Manchester meet up is going door to door right now. They are focusing on Rep and Indies and this forum is starting a weekend worrier thing to go door to door in other areas of NH.

Eli
10-02-2007, 06:54 PM
does anyone know how the wyoming meetup groups are doing? do any even exist in wyoming? Perhaps we can throw some help their way.

quickmike
10-02-2007, 06:56 PM
oops sorry forgot about that the Manchester meet up is going door to door right now. They are focusing on Rep and Indies and this forum is starting a weekend worrier thing to go door to door in other areas of NH.

Thats the only thing that is going to make a REAL difference. Forget about the signs........ they dont do anything to get someone to vote for Ron Paul. All they do is let people see the name. That wont make them vote for him. They need real information, not just a name.

Door to door is the only way.

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
does anyone know how the wyoming meetup groups are doing? do any even exist in wyoming? Perhaps we can throw some help their way.

I'd love to know this too. I'm nearby in Salt Lake City and would consider traveling there with my wife to help go door to door or whatever over a weekend.

quickmike
10-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I'd love to know this too. I'm nearby in Salt Lake City and would consider traveling there with my wife to help go door to door or whatever over a weekend.

Just do it. Dont worry about Meetup groups. If youre gonna wait around for them, it might be too late.

Everyone needs to just walk outside on your day off, knock on a door and hand them a slim jim. If theyre not home, jsut stick it in the door.................. repeat 50 times(not at the same house of course):D

Cindy
10-02-2007, 07:05 PM
What if the $1,000 offered in the first post, was put towards the $70. start up cost of a meet up group, for all of the people waiting for one to be started in their area?

His donation could sponcer the start up of 13 new meet up groups across the nation where there are none, yet there are people interested in joining one.

Pick the top 13 that have the most people in an area waiting.

Just a thought.

M.Bellmore
10-02-2007, 07:09 PM
How about this one already going on?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21416

I emailed out to all the local meetups (at least the ones I thought were local). I am getting responses, but not quite as many as I had hoped for.

Please everyone, take a look at the list. Do you know someone already planning on covering one of the games? Send them an email and ask them to look at this thread.

Thanks!

paulitics
10-02-2007, 07:12 PM

bingo. The best part is it would serve as a fundraiser too.

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
What if the $1,000 offered in the first post, was put towards the $70. start up cost of a meet up group, for all of the people waiting for one to be started in their area?

His donation could sponcer the start up of 13 new meet up groups across the nation where there are none, yet there are people interested in joining one.

Just a thought.

What do I need to do?

wgadget
10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
What we need is Air time like skiingff is doing. And how to do we get air time? We have to buy but money doest grow on trees for most.

So we need ways to make large sums of cash doing business. We need to take 1 dollar and turn into to 20.

Well, some of aren't maxed out yet, and some of us are *older* and actually have some savings...:)

But one way to turn $1 into $20 is to go to a yard sale, flea market or thrift store, buy something nice but cheap and sell it on ebay. Of course, you have to buy something you KNOW. I have been known to sell designer clothing and books, sometimes making a profit of $250 on a purchase that cost only $18.

Does anyone remember the USA Flea Market, that went across the country? I think it was in the south, and it was a few years ago. Not sure if it's still going on, but it was like on some major route through the southeast, and people would go from town to town, fleamarketing. I wonder if we couldn't start something like this just throughout NH, in the name of Ron Paul. The Ron Paul Flea Market? Thankfully, NH is a lot smaller area, and this could be doable.

Just rambling thoughts...

FreedomLover
10-02-2007, 07:18 PM
If we have some dedicated supporters up in wyoming who know what they're doing, we might be able to pull off a political "coup" there, since apparently it's the first or second caucus, and none of the frontrunners are putting any effort into the state because of it's low amount of delegates. Given that, this may be a great chance for RP to have a profound psychological victory going into the Iowa and new Hampshire primaries if he can pull off a win there.

katao
10-02-2007, 07:22 PM

Wyoming is different, WAY different. They are important because they are currently scheduled 1st on Jan. 5th, but will probably end up 3rd after NH and Iowa move up.

BUT, on Jan. 5th, they only elect 12 of their 28 delegates and only 890 Precinct Committeemen and Committeewomen get to vote. (the rest aren't elected until May 30th at their State Convention). So Wyoming will require concentrated efforts on small numbers of people. Just FYI, I am currently working on ensuring this is happening (I also am in Utah), and if not, to make sure it starts. If I find out that we can help in any way, I'll be sure to ask here.

Sematary
10-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Our goal is to win.
We have 96 days, maybe less.
We have one shot.

We have one shot. The time is right for this Ron Paul Revolution; there are many reasons why. But this opportunity we now hold in our hands will never come again.

The future of our nation lies with us, and with the people who will soon join this freedom movement.

We have the answer: freedom. We have the man: Ron Paul. We have each other.

We have what we need to win.

Kent Snyder
Chairman
Ron Paul 2008
http://www.ronpaul2008.com
============================

Time to think Bigger, Better, and More Creative ideas.

I personally loved the Paint the Town Ron. I want to see bigger ideas like that. How can we top that. How can we get ever group in sync with those types of demonstrations.

I'm willing to donate a thousand dollars to execute a great idea and I hope others will donate what they can too. Right now money means nothing to me so don't let that be a limitation.

Let the ideas flow. This is our one shot!

Let the Revolution Begin!

You could donate a thousand dollars (or more) to a food bank in any city of your choice in the name of Ron Paul during a scheduled event.

FreedomLover
10-02-2007, 07:25 PM
You could enlist 5,200 people to donate the maximum amount ($2,300) to Ron Paul's campaign. Since 5,200 people is all it will take to get to our 12 million dollar goal.

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 07:26 PM
we are there. We have TV ads that are airing NOW in New Hampshire because of grassroots with help of this forum and soon we will have flyers in 100,000 papers in New Hampshire. What bigger things can we do?

Keep in mind that if the flyers are going to be placed in all 100,000 newspapers, we will have to raise $4300 according to Max. At this point, we have raised $440. In other words, we need LOTS more money. Here's the thread, for you who can see your way clear to pitch in a few bucks. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21847

Since it is unlikely we will be able to raise this amount in a timely fashion, Max will probably do a limited run after we raise $1000. That is, unless we're having a donation surge around that time. ;)

SouthernGuy15
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
The truth is we need to grow in number ten fold if Ron Paul is going to win. We can do this, but we need to go out and bring in additional supporters!

Drknows
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, some of aren't maxed out yet, and some of us are *older* and actually have some savings...:)

But one way to turn $1 into $20 is to go to a yard sale, flea market or thrift store, buy something nice but cheap and sell it on ebay. Of course, you have to buy something you KNOW. I have been known to sell designer clothing and books, sometimes making a profit of $250 on a purchase that cost only $18.

Does anyone remember the USA Flea Market, that went across the country? I think it was in the south, and it was a few years ago. Not sure if it's still going on, but it was like on some major route through the southeast, and people would go from town to town, fleamarketing. I wonder if we couldn't start something like this just throughout NH, in the name of Ron Paul. The Ron Paul Flea Market? Thankfully, NH is a lot smaller area, and this could be doable.

Just rambling thoughts...

Yeah i agree i do ebay i usually buy hot items and resell them. dont do the yard sales or flea markets much.

But i think if we turn this into a business type venture instead of just leaking cash. we could easily double or triple what we were going to donate the campaign or some PAC.

NewEnd
10-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Thats the only thing that is going to make a REAL difference. Forget about the signs........ they dont do anything to get someone to vote for Ron Paul. All they do is let people see the name. That wont make them vote for him. They need real information, not just a name.

Door to door is the only way.

I disagree. When I was young, and uneducated about politics, signs were a HUGE influence.

Furthermore, I told my roommate I liked Ron Paul (he seemed to be the kind of guy that could too, if he paid attention). He shruggged me off.

Now that he is seeing yard signs everywhere, (they are all over the place here... I know of at least ten in my small city), he looked into Ron Paul himself. (and will vote for him)

Name recognition will ALWAYS be job number one, because like it or not, that is how the majority of people vote. This has been proven time and time again.

constituent
10-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah i agree i do ebay i usually buy hot items and resell them. dont do the yard sales or flea markets much.

But i think if we turn this into a business type venture instead of just leaking cash. we could easily double or triple what we were going to donate the campaign or some PAC.

I made a thread about this a long while back... please look into it, and let us
seriously consider

SHOP FREEDOM

use the search engine, i'm sure it is still around.

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 07:36 PM

Using eBay as marketing is a great idea.

Ron Paul items are hot right now. I bet people will be willing to buy awesome looking banners, clothes, and stickers. (especially with Paint the Town Ron campaigns)

A Capitalist's dream!

quickmike
10-02-2007, 07:47 PM
I disagree. When I was young, and uneducated about politics, signs were a HUGE influence.

Furthermore, I told my roommate I liked Ron Paul (he seemed to be the kind of guy that could too, if he paid attention). He shruggged me off.

Now that he is seeing yard signs everywhere, (they are all over the place here... I know of at least ten in my small city), he looked into Ron Paul himself. (and will vote for him)

Name recognition will ALWAYS be job number one, because like it or not, that is how the majority of people vote. This has been proven time and time again.

Problem with signs in Ron Paul's case is the fact that he doesnt get MSM coverage that tells about his issues. Lets say some old lady without internet sees Ron Paul signs all over the place. Who do you think shes going to vote for, some guy she saw on a sign and knows nothign about, or some guy she sees on the news every single day being touted by the media as the front runner? I think we both know the answer to that one.

Just an example of what im talkng about here..........my cousin, who lives close to Nashville was talking to me on the phone about 3 weeks ago and I was telling him about Ron Paul and how he stands on issues, and the fact that I was voting for him. Know what cuz said? "oh ok, Ive seen signs all over nashville on that guy, little home made signs all over telephone polls and in yards, and some big signs too. I just thought he was some local guy running for president............. hes national though?" So I had to explain to him who he was in greater detail. He never would have given Ron Paul a seconds thought, or even thought about voting for him, but thankfully he had someone explain to him who RP was.

Signs wont convert anyone if MSM doesnt cover them. Theres no connection, no face, no voice................ just a name, and in a presidential election, its about seeing what he is for and who he is. Believe me, everyone knows who Mitt Romney is and Rudy as well. So if its about name recognition like you say, WERE SCREWED.

Get out there and educate for real, hand out the slim jims.

Its the only way its gonna happen.

constituent
10-02-2007, 07:52 PM
oh yea... thinking BIG

Operation wriststRONg

and

Project HARPO

Cindy
10-02-2007, 07:55 PM
What do I need to do?

maybe someone who started a meetup can better answer. On the meetup page, I think it gives the names of people waiting for one to start in there area. If they have an e-mail contact, you can ask if they would like to be the organizer for it and you will cover the start up cost.

Does anyone know more about how Frank could contact people waiting for meet ups to start in their areas?

I'd focus on the ones with the highest numbers of people waiting in an area.

In some cases, I have seen 6 people in one town, waiting for one to start.

When they form and get out there and active, with sign waving and paint the town Rons, other people in the area want in and seek them out and join up.

I'll see what more I can find out about what areas have the most waiting and if they can be e-mailed or not. My guess is, they don't start their own because, they can't afford the $70 fee.

M.Bellmore
10-02-2007, 07:58 PM
How about a big donation drive for Veteran's day?

1. Get some local bands support (or pay them)
2. Hit all of the Universities with a free concert & raise $ for Vets in your state
3. Hand out RP stuff , make a speech before the concert starts (vets for Ron Paul people would be ideal here)

Thoughts / legalities ?

BrianH
10-02-2007, 08:00 PM

Just a thought.

I read it was possible for non-US citizens to legally contribute to Ron Paul Meet up groups. Is it also possible for US citizens who've already given $2300 to Ron Paul to also support meetup groups? If so it seems this could become a major thrust and could use a central fund to distribute to meet up groups for grassroots campaign expenses. Yes?

Cindy
10-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Using eBay as marketing is a great idea.

Ron Paul items are hot right now. I bet people will be willing to buy awesome looking banners, clothes, and stickers. (especially with Paint the Town Ron campaigns)

A Capitalist's dream!

I've got my first small "test" order of" Ron Paul O8" foot ball jersey's in the works. I think they may do well during this football season. It's not for me to profit from. I just want to see more people wearing Ron Pauls name around town. I plan to sell them on e-bay. We'll see how it goes. FB Jerseys are not as cheap as T-shirts, but they are cool and something new!

His name is on the top front and back and so is the number 08 underneath it.

I'm starting with republican red for the jersey and White lettering.

I can't wait to start wearing mine. :)

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
You know what? This reminds me of a GET RICH QUICK type of thing. Yeah, every once in a blue moon it will work. Kind of like the lottery. But, using your brain and working your ass off is much more of a sure thing.

What is it about going door-to-door that scares so many of us? Why won't more do it?

The signs were a great idea and some are still needed, that's for sure. But, it seems to me that we are now at the stage that we simply must get more information out about Dr. Paul and his stances. Sure, we can do some of it by commercials, newspaper ads and radio spots, but let's be honest here. We are not going to have the money to do this everywhere. Handing out Slim Jims and setting up tables at events such as Gun Shows is inexpensive and fail safe.

Why oh why won't we do it? It's really starting to bum me out, to tell you the truth. Are we so chicken that we are afraid to walk up to someone's house and hand them a little piece of campaign literature? Are we going to let our fear stand in the way of us winning this election?

I don't know about you, but I damn sure don't want to look back on this in a few months and be doing the ONLY IFs.... Do you?

If we lose this thing, it's not going to hold water to blame the big, bad media. If we want to find someone to blame, all we're going to need to do is walk to the closest mirror and look into it.

At least those are the facts as I see them.

Cindy
10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I read it was possible for non-US citizens to legally contribute to Ron Paul Meet up groups. Is it also possible for US citizens who've already given $2300 to Ron Paul to also support meetup groups? If so it seems this could become a major thrust and could use a central fund to distribute to meet up groups for grassroots campaign expenses. Yes?

I think it's a great place to put your money if you are maxxed out and looking for ideas.

How sweet to be able to help an area with a waiting list, get one started with the funds needed.

It hurts to see how many are just waiting to hook up with RP supporters in their area to get more highly organized into larger scale group activities.

quickmike
10-02-2007, 08:11 PM
You know what? This reminds me of a GET RICH QUICK type of thing. Yeah, every once in a blue moon it will work. Kind of like the lottery. But, using your brain and working your ass off is much more of a sure thing.

What is it about going door-to-door that scares so many of us? Why won't more do it?

The signs were a great idea and some are still needed, that's for sure. But, it seems to me that we are now at the stage that we simply must get more information out about Dr. Paul and his stances. Sure, we can do some of it by commercials, newspaper ads and radio spots, but let's be honest here. We are not going to have the money to do this everywhere. Handing out Slim Jims and setting up tables at events such as Gun Shows is inexpensive and fail safe.

Why oh why won't we do it? It's really starting to bum me out, to tell you the truth. Are we so chicken that we are afraid to walk up to someone's house and hand them a little piece of campaign literature? Are we going to let our fear stand in the way of us winning this election?

I don't know about you, but I damn sure don't want to look back on this in a few months and be doing the ONLY IFs.... Do you?

If we lose this thing, it's not going to hold water to blame the big, bad media. If we want to find someone to blame, all we're going to need to do is walk to the closest mirror and look into it.

At least those are the facts as I see them.

I agree 100%

Why is everyone trying to come up with some "creative" marketing BS when all that we need to do is for every RP supporter to get out there and put a slim jim on everyones door in their neighborhood?

I think youve alread answered that question Liberty. LAZY ........SCARED.......DONT CARE ENOUGH:confused:

katao
10-02-2007, 08:27 PM
I agree 100%

Why is everyone trying to come up with some "creative" marketing BS when all that we need to do is for every RP supporter to get out there and put a slim jim on everyones door in their neighborhood?

I think youve alread answered that question Liberty. LAZY ........SCARED.......DONT CARE ENOUGH:confused:

While I couldn't agree more with pounding the pavement (I do it regularly), I am only one person. I can only talk to so many people in one day. There still aren't enough of us true activists to knock on every door, talk to every citizen. We can and should be trying, but we also need to do more!

Creative marketing isn't BS - if it was, the free market would have buried it long ago.

Creative marketing allows my one voice to reach FAR more people than I could ever dream of in the 96 days until the first Primaries.

ItsTime
10-02-2007, 08:28 PM
I agree 100%

its easy.... just dont do it in your neighborhood if you are scared... JUST DO IT

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I agree 100%

its easy.... just dont do it in your neighborhood if you are scared... JUST DO IT

Yeah, great stuff. I love face-to-face. People are quite willing to listen. Don't worry about failure, you'll get it down solid after a few tries. It's exciting. Plus, people are more willing to hear you too when you aren't professional because you are real (unlike what they are used to).

Cindy
10-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Looks like some people here have lost sight of the fact that we are all individuals with our own individual strengths and weaknessness.

The guilt tripping and name calling going on towards people who don't do what others think they should do will just turn people off from this forum, same as it happens when meet up groups Leaders get bossy and guilt trippy with their members.

Listen to some of you saying,

"If you do not go door to door, doing nothing else but that for Paul, you are lazy , not smart, and don't want Paul to win. "

The key to keeping people active is to throw as many ideas as possible about there, and let those who want to take them and run with them do so on their own choosing.

Creative marketing is a multi billion dollar industry. It is because it works. Different forms of marketing RP will grab the attention of different types of people.

Cindy
10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
What do I need to do?

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/about/

This page shows areas waiting for a meetup to start. It doesn't show how you can contact any of the people waiting however. Perhaps, you can start one in the area and then, put up a post asking for someone to take it over, explaining you just wanted to fund the start up for them as you don't live in the state. Let the people waiting take it over from there.

Maybe a member here lives in one of those areas and will start one with the help of your funding it.

cujothekitten
10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Ok here are some amazing ideas (really creative) to replace banners if you are looking for something new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKbtTPYZEig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6kJsdkZEIQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bNki5DG3SA
http://www.antiadvertisingagency.com/wp-content/video/lightcriticism.mov
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73e2IQbNkcQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq5fBxALFKE

These will get peoples attention... especially if you live in a city.

More ideas can be found here http://graffitiresearchlab.com/

If anyone wants to make a laser tag machine here's how you do it
http://muonics.net/blog/index.php?postid=15

hopeforamerica
10-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Check this out!!!

http://freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?InfoNo=024596

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Wow, Cujo. Some of those are really neat. :)

wgadget
10-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the telephone pole flyers that someone came up with...They said something like "Take Back America Ron Paul for President" and were really retro looking...?

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the telephone pole flyers that someone came up with...They said something like "Take Back America Ron Paul for President" and were really retro looking...?

These ones? http://www.unitedforliberty.com/volunteer.html

abstrusezincate
10-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Politics being what it is, it takes money to make money.

We need more advertising so more people become aware of the message. Guerilla marketing works. Let people know what is happening. Work with your groups to get the information out there.

And someone needs to find a way to reach some people with deep pockets. I have this feeling there's this great anti-war support that can be tapped for a ton of money.

Anyway, we need more people. That's the key to this.

Ozwest
10-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I've been racking my brain to come up with new ideas to get Ron's message out there. How about this one? Computer mouse pads with Ron Pauls message emblazened on them perhaps with his face or the Constitution in the backround... If they were direct mailed or hand delivered to mail boxes I believe the "strike" at the receiving end would be high for several reasons: 1) When removing mail the texture of the mouse pad would draw attention, moreso if it was wrapped in plastic. 2) People like free and functional gifts. 3) Ron Pauls message would literally be at their fingertips everyday... I have no idea of the costs, but there are many businesses selling and marketing such items. I imagine if purchased in bulk, the per unit cost would be negligible... What do you think?

Ozwest
10-02-2007, 09:55 PM
The mouse pads could be handed out in public, "have a free computer mouse pad" might elicit more takers. They could also be accompanied with other promotional material... Any thoughts/comments?

MsDoodahs
10-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Ron Paul home parties ... in the tradition of tupperware. :)

McDermit
10-02-2007, 10:00 PM

There are groups in Wyoming. A campaign coordinator had been up there recently and said they were really discouraged before talking to HQ.

Anyone nearby who wants to help out should definitely look up the meetups and ask them what they're doing and how you could help.

Ninja Homer
10-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Ron Paul home parties ... in the tradition of tupperware. :)

I agree! :D

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16516

M.Bellmore
10-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Here's one in the spirit of re-use. Over on another thread they have a way-cool version of the founding fathers flyer and the backside all about Ron Paul. In the northern reaches of Michigan, just about everyone I know gets the Sunday Free Press for coupon clipping. Seems to me inserting the FF flyer into the Sunday paper is (hopefully) a relatively inexpensive way to reach a lot of people. Maybe you could put a coupon at the bottom "good for one vote for the constitution/liberty/..."