PDA

View Full Version : Myspace Datamining project

theseus51
10-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Ok, based on fez's myspace donation drive, I had an idea. I need volunteers with a lot of time to help me collect data on Ron Paul's myspace friends.

Basically, you would have to go to each friend individually, right click and save their .cfm page. After collecting all 66k + of Ron Paul's friends profiles, I can sort them out by state. Then people can perhaps target people in their home state for volunteer efforts.

It would help if you are fast with your mouse/keyboards. I calculated it should take about 100 hours by myself. So if I have other people, it would greatly reduce that time. I would only need a few people, and could probably be done in a few days if all goes well. PM me your email if interested, or email me directly, dninomiya@hotmail.com

-David

TechnoGuyRob
10-02-2007, 06:48 PM

You...do realize...right....that I could do this in about 30 minutes? 29 minutes to write a PHP script and 1 minute to click it and let it do its work?

EDIT: The MySpace project was better un-automated (but with people doing the job), because everything was customized, not just a massive spam message. However, there is absolutely no reason why anyone should waste their time on doing this manually.

theseus51
10-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Oh really? I dno php. Can you write a script?

Eli
10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
sheesh. Ron paul supporters are supposedly spammers after all. This is VERY easily done with a script.

ClockwiseSpark
10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
I imagine most of those people are already meetup group members and are active in their support for Ron Paul.

katao
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
I imagine most of those people are already meetup group members and are active in their support for Ron Paul.

Meetup group members - probably.
Active Meetup group members - probably not (based on percentages of active supporters in the meetups).

What I thought continuously while I worked on the MySpace project is that it is a shame to have to contact these people one by one. We need one large database of EVERY Ron Paul supporter, with opt-in settings for various levels of campaign contact.

fez2008
10-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Ok, based on fez's myspace donation drive, I had an idea. I need volunteers with a lot of time to help me collect data on Ron Paul's myspace friends.

Basically, you would have to go to each friend individually, right click and save their .cfm page. After collecting all 66k + of Ron Paul's friends profiles, I can sort them out by state. Then people can perhaps target people in their home state for volunteer efforts.

It would help if you are fast with your mouse/keyboards. I calculated it should take about 100 hours by myself. So if I have other people, it would greatly reduce that time. I would only need a few people, and could probably be done in a few days if all goes well. PM me your email if interested, or email me directly, dninomiya@hotmail.com

-David

I already have the file.. dont download them again because it is a pain I would not put anyone through.. :) I'll see if I can get those ids to you sorted by state...