PDA

View Full Version : Stamping dollars with RP 4 prez:?

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 06:36 PM
In another thread someone said:

"The practice doesn't violate any laws. While defacing currency is illegal, merely stamping or writing on bills doesn't fit the Bureau of Engraving and Printing's definition of an improper act: intentionally rendering currency unfit to be used."

If that's true, then here's an idea I heard about somewhere. Go to the bank and take out as much cash as you can in $1 bills. Take them home, stamp them all, and then deposit them back in the bank and they'll be put back into circulation.

empirenine
10-02-2007, 06:38 PM
In another thread someone said

http://www.ronpaulstamps.com

Some will say its a bad idea, but this is not a time to debate that.

OptionsTrader
10-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Stamping is not illegal.

Period.

Google "Where's George"

That group has been tracking currency legally via stamping bills FOR YEARS.

empirenine
10-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Stamping is not illegal.

Period.

Google "Where's George"

That group has been tracking currency leglaly via stamping bills FOR YEARS.

Agreed.

koob
10-02-2007, 06:43 PM
i think it could just create bad press about the 'crazy' ron paul supporters defacing money.

eleganz
10-02-2007, 06:45 PM
i think it could just create bad press about the 'crazy' ron paul supporters defacing money.

But then it'll spread the word quickly that "drastic times calls for drastic measures"

Bradley in DC
10-02-2007, 06:45 PM
It's illegal if it makes the bills unusable. Since banks are required to remove them from circulation....you do the math.

It isn't even a question of illegality--it's bad policy. We want to uphold Dr. Paul as the statesman he is.

DON'T DO IT. The campaign does NOT support this activity.

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
It's illegal if it makes the bills unusable. Since banks are required to remove them from circulation....you do the math.

It isn't even a question of illegality--it's bad policy. We want to uphold Dr. Paul as the statesman he is.

DON'T DO IT. The campaign does NOT support this activity.

It was just a thought. I can see the downsides to, which is why I have no plans to do it.