PDA

View Full Version : Take the $100 MILLION DOLLAR Pledge Now!

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 06:30 PM
"I will donate $100 but only if 1,000,000 other people will do the same"

http://www.pledgebank.com/Pauls-100mill

brandon
10-02-2007, 06:35 PM
forget this stupid pledge. Just donate NOW. and donate again later.

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I've said this in another thread too...JUST GET OUT THERE AND DONATE! Forget signing a pledge and waiting until everyone else goes along like a sheeple!

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 06:37 PM
forget this stupid pledge. Just donate NOW. and donate again later.

I have donated 3 times already. Not to mention out of pocket expenses for signs, etc etc. This one is for the "big one" that will win the election. No harm in pledging $100 down the road, right? And in my opinion, $100 Million dollars is not stupid. We should be doing EVERYTHING we can to get Dr. Paul elected, and we should also think outside the box.

thomj76
10-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Done....My pledge name is "Publius Rex"

Pass the word...

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 06:55 PM
And let's not forget the FREE PUBLICITY that this will generate when the Pledge starts catching on. It costs NOTHING to participate. No overhead. Just a few minutes of your time.

THIS IS A NO BRAINER TO TAKE THIS PLEDGE!

But, as DrNoZone comments, STILL donate now, and again and again, until you hit $2,200! Just save $100 for the pledge! :)

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah everyone sign this pledge even if you think its stupid

synthetic
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Paul is asking for 12M in donations by Dec 31. Lets work with the campaign on this one.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 07:01 PM
This pledge will help either way

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Done....My pledge name is "Publius Rex"

Pass the word...

Excellent! I donated yesterday and was one of the first 200 people. I hope that the Paulites that don't see the wisdom behind this give it some more thought, and come on board and spread the word because that's the only way we are going to win this election, AS A TEAM!

It's time to storm the Bastille!

voortrekker
10-02-2007, 07:07 PM
DONE!

in the mean time, I will continue to donate with every pay check.

From here on out it's gonna be do or die people.

Get the RP signs out, email your friends, email your friends friends even if you don't know them(i.e. get the email addresses from emails they send to you). Get the RP message out there in any way you can!

Time is short.

please.

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Let's try to get to a 1,000 in a few hours

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Paul is asking for 12M in donations by Dec 31. Lets work with the campaign on this one.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

No problem. I have money for that. We don't even need to do Quid Pro Quo here because I willfully will support ANYTHING the campaign asks of me!

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Let's try to get to a 1,000 in a few hours

Let's just spread the word friend!

synthetic
10-02-2007, 07:12 PM
This pledge will help either way

The pledge is unrealistic and excessive. Paul doesn't need 100M to win. He needs 20-30M and his grassroots support. He has raised a sizeable chunk of that already. 100M is neither obtainable nor practical. The campagin is asking for 12M in donations. Having a parallel pledge drive to the campagins donation drive is fine but at least get it inline with reality. Call for 12M like the campagin has set the goal for.

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
The pledge is unrealistic and excessive. Paul doesn't need 100M to win. He needs 20-30M and his grassroots support. He has raised a sizeable chunk of that already. 100M is neither obtainable nor practical. The campagin is asking for 12M in donations. Having a parallel pledge drive to the campagins donation drive is fine but at least get it inline with reality. Call for 12M like the campagin has set the goal for.

So, lots of things are unrealistic...it'll still help either way, so email your meetup groups, post on youtube, forums, links, tell people, etc...

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 07:23 PM

Good point, BUT (and that's a big but :D ), think about this:

What if we have a lot of people, A LOT OF PEOPLE, giving to Dr. Paul and maxing out at $2,200 insead of $2,300, with the last $100 being pledged for the 100 Million dollar goal? If you can give an answer on how this would hurt the campaign, you may just win me over to your position. But your position automatically defaults to a "moot point" when/if the $100 Million goal is achieved.

The Ron Paul campaign just asked for a measly $500,000 a week ago. He was blessed with 1.2 million. If he wants 12 Million at this point, I don't see why we can't try to give him 100 Million. But I agree, let's all work together on the 12 Million as well, because 112 Million is a better number!

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 07:26 PM
So, lots of things are unrealistic...it'll still help either way, so email your meetup groups, post on youtube, forums, links, tell people, etc...

I might as well use this thread to shamefully post a link to my first YouTube video ever. Till Victory with Dr. Ron Paul!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJIPPoWFEHs

Electrostatic
10-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Come on people, donate AND sign...... This is the best way yet I have seen to get "fence sitters" motivated. Think about it, even the gallup poll admits we have several million people on our side. This is the perfect "get" for people who say, "Well I like Ron Paul, but he can't win". Just be like "Well, if it wouldn't cost you anything, would you agree to pledge $100 if and only if 1,000,000 other people did as well?"

This could be huge, and there is absolutely no downside I can see... Let's quit hating and get it done.

And like I said, there is absolutely no reason why you can not donate to the short term goals also.

Nathan Hale
10-02-2007, 07:44 PM
"I will donate $100 but only if 1,000,000 other people will do the same"

http://www.pledgebank.com/Pauls-100mill

This is retarded. The $12 million "official" goal is lofty even.

brandon
10-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Yea, I am very optimistic about this campaign and the funds it can raise, but as far as raising 100 million this is what i think:

I have never heard of something like that, and I have heard some pretty absurd things. I would ask the original poster to please lower to goal from 100 million to 12 million

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Come on people, donate AND sign...... This is the best way yet I have seen to get "fence sitters" motivated. Think about it, even the gallup poll admits we have several million people on our side. This is the perfect "get" for people who say, "Well I like Ron Paul, but he can't win". Just be like "Well, if it wouldn't cost you anything, would you agree to pledge $100 if and only if 1,000,000 other people did as well?"

This could be huge, and there is absolutely no downside I can see... Let's quit hating and get it done.

And like I said, there is absolutely no reason why you can not donate to the short term goals also.

Yeah exactly, with $100 million then all those people who say "I would vote for Ron Paul but he can't win" will be on our side...I don't why people think its retarded or stupid just sign it and spread it around...

brandon
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
You know this petition will NEVER be signed by 1 mil people. You would be VERY VERY lucky if you could get 25,000 sigs. Please lower the goal on the petition to 12 mil. Then i will sign, and then there will be a reasonable chance we could reach the goal.

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Yea, I am very optimistic about this campaign and the funds it can raise, but as far as raising 100 million this is what i think:

I have never heard of something like that, and I have heard some pretty absurd things. I would ask the original poster to please lower to goal from 100 million to 12 million

Why lower standards...thats hopeless, $12 million doesn't really mean much, anyway if you think its unrealistic or retarded or stupid or meaningless, etc..just sign it anyway

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 07:52 PM
You know this petition will NEVER be signed by 1 mil people. You would be VERY VERY lucky if you could get 25,000 sigs. Please lower the goal on the petition to 12 mil. Then i will sign, and then there will be a reasonable chance we could reach the goal.

No 25,000 signatures at this rate is guaranteed, we're going to get around 100,000 sign ups at least...

synthetic
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
This is retarded. The $12 million "official" goal is lofty even.

I wouldn't use that strong language but I agree 12M will be a challenge. 100M is completely arbitrary and a feel good number that has no chance to be reached. Frankly people might look at supporters as being completely out of touch and crazy. Tone it down please. Everyone needs to get behind the campagin and focus on the drive for 12 mil.

synthetic
10-02-2007, 07:58 PM

Anyone ever tell you - you do a pretty good Rudy.

PineGroveDave
10-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Well I signed. I'll donate another $50 this Friday, but I'll donate another $100 gladly if this hits it mark.

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow, look what happens when I take a snack break from my computer!

We need to think BIG, not small (with all due respect to you naysayers)

I think outside the box. Can you? How about this: Let's say that this pledge "only" gets 200,000 people to come on board. I think that's a pretty conservative number. Then there is an "addendum" to the original pledge, stating something like "Would you still give your $100 if all the rest of the 200,000 people do?" So you say yes, and everyone else does as well (because WE ALL LOVE RON PAUL), and that a cool 20 Million.

Now, do you all feel more comfortable about pledging with this scenario in mind???

wgadget
10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Um....

How about going over to the thread asking for 67 pledges of $100 to kick in $5000 worth of commercial airtime in NH and Iowa?

Please?

brandon
10-02-2007, 08:12 PM

I think outside the box. Can you? How about this: Let's say that this pledge "only" gets 200,000 people to come on board. I think that's a pretty conservative number. Then there is an "addendum" to the original pledge, stating something like "Would you still give your $100 if all the rest of the 200,000 people do?" So you say yes, and everyone else does as well (because WE ALL LOVE RON PAUL), and that a cool 20 Million.

Now, do you all feel more comfortable about pledging with this scenario in mind???

I would feel good if you lowered the requisite number of pledgers from 1 mil to 100,000

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 08:13 PM
I would feel good if you lowered the requisite number of pledgers from 1 mil to 100,000

Nah we shouldn't lower standards then it would feel like we accomplished nothing or something just "ok"

If we get up to 100,000 sign ups we should easily get up to 1 million

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Um....

How about going over to the thread asking for 67 pledges of $100 to kick in $5000 worth of commercial airtime in NH and Iowa?

Please?

I'm supporting my local meetup with giving money to do a NASCAR flyover this weekend in Charlotte, NC. The cost for the flyover with the 78 foot long GOOGLE RON PAUL banner is $3000.00. So you see, I am not stopping all other activities, kicking back and drinking cool aid. I'm working my A$$ off for Ron Paul!

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:19 PM

And just so you know, this is not MY PLEDGE. I am just supporting it. Check out the link, and see that there are already close to 1000 signers already. But it just sarted yesterday, and if you extrapolate the bar graphs... :D

Nathan Hale
Yeah exactly, with $100 million then all those people who say "I would vote for Ron Paul but he can't win" will be on our side...I don't why people think its retarded or stupid just sign it and spread it around...

I think you're missing the point. First, nobody cares about these online pledges. Second, there's no way an online pledge, especially this online pledge, will ever get a million signers. Third, signing the pledge isn't an actual donation so there's no level of veracity to it. There's a lovely donation tally on the official campaign's home page, and that's the tally that's relevant. Better to bring up THAT number with real campaign tactics rather than lose sleep over some internet poll.

PineGroveDave

I sure will. America needs this man in the White House.

brandon
10-02-2007, 08:21 PM
And just so you know, this is not MY PLEDGE. I am just supporting it. Check out the link, and see that there are already close to 1000 signers already. But it just sarted yesterday, and if you extrapolate the bar graphs... :D

1000 signers a day is NOTHING. at that rate it would take almost 3 years to get 1 mil signatures. However, at that same rate 100,000 signatures could be possible in 100 days.

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
I think you're missing the point. First, nobody cares about these online pledges. Second, there's no way an online pledge, especially this online pledge, will ever get a million signers. Third, signing the pledge isn't an actual donation so there's no level of veracity to it. There's a lovely donation tally on the official campaign's home page, and that's the tally that's relevant. Better to bring up THAT number with real campaign tactics rather than lose sleep over some internet poll.

Yeah right, I'm sure if I told you it would've gotten a thousand signatures in less than 3 days you wouldn't believe me either....this is the fastest growing Ron Paul pledge EVER

This CAN and WILL work...talk to me after it does work so I can laugh at you...you see the more people join the faster it grows so those traditional graphs which factor in a constant rate aren't true, eventually all Ron Paul supporters will be talking about it and it will reach 1 million supporters

Nathan Hale
10-02-2007, 08:23 PM
1000 signers a day is NOTHING. at that rate it would take almost 3 years to get 1 mil signatures. However, at that same rate 100,000 signatures could be possible in 100 days.

Even at 100,000 signatories it's a waste of time and per my earlier post.

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:25 PM

You are protesting so loudly, I can hear your keystrokes. Are you a Romney troll?

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:26 PM

You are protesting so loudly, I can hear your keystrokes. Are you a Guilianni troll?

erowe1
10-02-2007, 08:26 PM
So Vito, how is this pledge drive going so far? Are you keeping track? Are we at a million yet? No, well how about a thousand? A hundred? I mean hey a hundred is good, that's almost a million. No wait.

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:28 PM

And apparently you don't understand what extrapolate means.

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:30 PM
So Vito, how is this pledge drive going so far? Are you keeping track? Are we at a million yet? No, well how about a thousand? A hundred? I mean hey a hundred is good, that's almost a million. No wait.

Another troll. If you were a real Ron Paul supporter, you wouldn't be so negative. This forum is apparently inundated with trolls.

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 08:30 PM

Everything starts some where, so far its growing an exponential rate, more than 3 times as much as the previous day...

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Even at 100,000 signatories it's a waste of time and per my earlier post.

Sorry, you are not even logical. You have "wasted" more time with these naysaying posts, than it would have taken you to sign the petition. You are apparently an illogical troll at that.

erowe1
10-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Another troll. If you were a real Ron Paul supporter, you wouldn't be so negative. This forum is apparently inundated with trolls.

Ok, but still are you keeping track? Is anybody? If not, then how is it even a pledge drive at all?
And could you please use a larger font?

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Everything starts some where, so far its growing an exponential rate, more than 3 times as much as the previous day...

Don't bother, friend. We have apparently exposed the trolls on this thread, and they should be reported to the moderator. They are blatently anti-Paul; their own words have hanged the infiltrators that are amongst us.

erowe1
10-02-2007, 08:38 PM

Actually, Vito, Brandon Yates' post was precisely an extrapolation. I'd say he understands it. Do you?

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Ok, but still are you keeping track? Is anybody? If not, then how is it even a pledge drive at all?
And could you please use a larger font?

troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll

brandon
10-02-2007, 08:40 PM

No, I actually know exactly what extrapolate means. I have extensively studied mathematics.

So far you only have two data points (1,150) and (2,750). 2 points is not enough points to extrapolate with any type of accuracy. Assuming 2 data points is enough to predict the future, how would you know what degree polynomial would fit the trend? You wouldn't

Please refrain from your negative name calling. I am not trying to hurt the campaign or put anyone down, I am just trying to be realistic. Even if by some miracle the pledge got 1 mil sig's, most people probly wouldnt follow through anyway. To make it realistic everyone's 100 dollars would need to be held in escrow awaiting the outcome of the pledge.

erowe1
10-02-2007, 08:41 PM
OK, this thread is ridiculous. I hope others join me in rating it a 1 for terrible.

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Actually, Vito, Brandon Yates' post was precisely an extrapolation. I'd say he understands it. Do you?

No. Dugh. You have two bar graphs. Assume tomorrow's is higher, then the next day higher, the result is what you call exponential growth. Right now, the bar graph is indicating exponential growth, but it's hard to say since pledges have only been coming in for 2 days. And the extrapolation of exponential growth is over a million in 3 months.

I understand graphs very well, I finished my college in engineering. Have you completed your work yet?:rolleyes:

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 08:43 PM
These hopeless anti-optimistic Paulites are killing me...lets rate it up to 5

brandon
10-02-2007, 08:44 PM
OK, this thread is ridiculous. I hope others join me in rating it a 1 for terrible.

:)

rated.

brandon
10-02-2007, 08:46 PM
No. Dugh. You have two bar graphs. Assume tomorrow's is higher, then the next day higher, the result is what you call exponential growth. Right now, the bar graph is indicating exponential growth, but it's hard to say since pledges have only been coming in for 2 days. And the extrapolation of exponential growth is over a million in 3 months.

I understand graphs very well, I finished my college in engineering. Have you completed your work yet?:rolleyes:

I have 1 year left on my B.S. in EE. I have also took a minor in math. I recently completed two semesters of real analysis (advanced calc) and two semesters of abstract algebra.

erowe1
10-02-2007, 08:48 PM

I also have a bachelors in engineering. But, I don't believe you do. You couldn't possibly believe that you just made a legitimate extrapolation if you did. You clearly don't know what a bar graph is, much less are you capable of calculating the margins of error on one. You don't know what exponential growth is. And you don't know what an extrapolation is.

Also, if you have even gone to college at all, you need to ask for your money back from whatever English classes you took.

brandon
10-02-2007, 08:50 PM

How are you going to come on this board with less then 20 posts and start calling senior members trolls? If anything you sound like a troll, and the idea of setting up a pledge as unrealistic as this will only make Paul supporters look like they are not in touch with reality.

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Well only time will decide who's right no point in pointlessly arguing...but I still hold the view that we should spread it around and tell everyone and see how high we can raise it

erowe1
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Look, we all know who's right. There won't be a million people who join this forum. And if there are, not more than a small fraction of them will read this thread, which will hopefully be closed or die off within the next day or so. And even if a million people join this forum and read this thread, only a small portion of the less sensible among them will sign up for the ridiculous million man $100 donation pledge drive.

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Look, we all know who's right. There won't be a million people who join this forum. And if there are, not more than a small fraction of them will read this thread, which will hopefully be closed or die off within the next day or so. And even if a million people join this forum and read this thread, only a small portion of the less sensible among them will sign up for the ridiculous million man $100 donation pledge drive.

"to me giving up was always harder than trying"

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I have 1 year left on my B.S. in EE. I have also took a minor in math. I recently completed two semesters of real analysis (advanced calc) and two semesters of abstract algebra.

Good. So maybe you'll understand that it is quite possible that tomorrow's pledges will hit 5,000 or more. I am saying it's daylight outside, you are saying it's nighttime. We'll know soon. But in either case, you have been so down on this pledge, when in reality there is NO DOWNSIDE to it (and escrow as you point out is not a valid arguement when it comes to saving $100 to win an election), that you appear to be a troll. Either that, or since you are still a young man, without the wealth of life experience behind you, take this advice from an old timer: think outside the box!

And the name calling. I did call you a "troll". This is a standard term for anyone who infiltrates a forum, pretending to be something that he is not. You appear to be anti-Paul with your position. I'm going to do a check on your other posts. If I find that you or anyone else has been naysaying/giving false information on other threads, those people WILL be reported to the moderator.

american.swan
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Well I signed. I'll donate another $50 this Friday, but I'll donate another $100 gladly if this hits it mark.

This is a waste of time. Here's what you SHOULD do. Make a list of 1,000,000 people who GAVE $100. None of this future pledge mess. They need / want the money NOW!!

Let's not get excited about some future not-gonna-happen. Let's get excited about what IS happening.

Redo the pledge. The pledge should read..."I sign this pledge because I already GAVE $100 to Ron Paul" (include proof if you can)

erowe1
10-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Good. So maybe you'll understand that it is quite possible that tomorrow's pledges will hit 5,000 or more.

Not likely. There are less than 4,000 members of this forum right now. And the sensible ones won't sign your pledge.
How many of the million you wanted have signed it so far?

VitoArc
10-02-2007, 09:05 PM
I am going to bed now. I am tired of arguing with college kids. Been there, done that! By the way, if you youngsters think that 10-12 million is a lot of money, look what Romney has generated, something like 70 million already. You guys wake up, I'm going to sleep. nite nite

erowe1
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I am going to bed now. I am tired of arguing with college kids. Been there, done that! By the way, if you youngsters think that 10-12 million is a lot of money, look what Romney has generated, something like 70 million already. You guys wake up, I'm going to sleep. nite nite

Who wants to start a betting pool on how old Vito is?

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Who wants to start a betting pool on how old Vito is?

I'd start a betting pool right now ;)

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 09:59 PM
I think I'm going to win this bet

Nathan Hale
10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
You are protesting so loudly, I can hear your keystrokes. Are you a Romney troll?

So that's the tactic? Assert that someone who criticizes a moronic waste of time is a "Romney troll"? Brother, I'm a Ron Paul supporter tried and true. Plus, I've actually gotten candidates elected to office, and I've done that by focusing on what works and not wasting time on what doesn't.

Nathan Hale
10-03-2007, 07:48 PM

"Real" Ron Paul supporters aren't lockstep automatons willing to turn a blind eye to every strategic mistake this campaign and/or it's supporters make. This forum is not a cheerleading convention for Ron Paul, it's a serious opportunity for us to improve the campaign, and that means it's our responsibility to criticize weak and/or misguided efforts and focus on what works.

Nathan Hale
10-03-2007, 07:50 PM
These hopeless anti-optimistic Paulites are killing me...lets rate it up to 5

Hey champ, the word you're looking for is "pessimistic".

LibertyEagle
10-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I'd like to ask something, if that's ok. Is this poll in essence asking people to hold off on their donations until the pledge goal is attained? If that is what effect it is having, it doesn't seem too wise to me. The campaign needs everything we can possibly give, as soon as we can give it.

Possibly, I am misunderstanding.

Copperhed51
10-03-2007, 08:11 PM
I signed this pledge but I think it's a mistake as well. I think it has a much better chance of hurting us than helping us. I think we need to try to set realistic goals and I don't know how anybody thinks $100,000,000 is realistic.

chiefsmurph
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
How is this a mistake? It will just find that one other Ron Paul supporter that wouldn't have donated. It can only help. It definitely won't hurt.

Who's going to think "I'll just wait until the complete $100 million is raised before donating."

Nathan Hale
10-03-2007, 10:19 PM
How is this a mistake? It will just find that one other Ron Paul supporter that wouldn't have donated. It can only help. It definitely won't hurt.

Who's going to think "I'll just wait until the complete $100 million is raised before donating."

Most of the people aren't going to donate. Signing the "pledge" requires no more discipline than voting in an online poll. I could fake a dozen signatures to a pledge if I so desired. This "I'll sign the pledge to boost the number of pledge-signers" mentality is more pervasive than pledgeophiles would have us believe. I sincerely doubt that anybody will donate to Paul because of this pledge - if they sign the pledge and donate, I'm willing to wager that they would have donated anyway. HOWEVER, some other people (bored enough to troll around on pledgebank I guess) who don't support Paul or are ambivalent, will see the pledge's ridiculous goal and anemic turnout and LOWER their perception of Paul as a result.

It doesn't take many man-hours to start a pledge or sign a pledge. The reason why this is a misguided effort is that so many people are wasting time campaigning for the pledge, when their man-hours are better spent ACTUALLY CAMPAIGNING for Ron Paul.

Man from La Mancha
10-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Most of the people aren't going to donate. Signing the "pledge" requires no more discipline than voting in an online poll. I could fake a dozen signatures to a pledge if I so desired. This "I'll sign the pledge to boost the number of pledge-signers" mentality is more pervasive than pledgeophiles would have us believe. I sincerely doubt that anybody will donate to Paul because of this pledge - if they sign the pledge and donate, I'm willing to wager that they would have donated anyway. HOWEVER, some other people (bored enough to troll around on pledgebank I guess) who don't support Paul or are ambivalent, will see the pledge's ridiculous goal and anemic turnout and LOWER their perception of Paul as a result.

It doesn't take many man-hours to start a pledge or sign a pledge. The reason why this is a misguided effort is that so many people are wasting time campaigning for the pledge, when their man-hours are better spent ACTUALLY CAMPAIGNING for Ron Paul.
This is a PR stunt and fund raiser. If you have noticed, the green checks are people that have already given. Money going now to the campaign. I find Ron Paul people are honorable and usually keep their word. Each name is linked to an email.

How does it work?
PledgeBank allows users to set up pledges and then encourages other people to sign up to them. A pledge is a statement of the form 'I will do something, if a certain number of people will help me do it'. The creator of the pledge then publicises their pledge and encourages people to sign up. Two outcomes are possible – either the pledge fails to get enough subscribers before it expires (in which case, we contact everyone and tell them 'better luck next time'), or, the better possibility, the pledge attracts enough people that they are all sent a message saying 'Well done—now get going!'

How can you be sure people will bother to carry out the pledge?
We can't; PledgeBank is based on a psychological bet. We believe that if a person possesses a slight desire to do something, and then we help connect them to a bunch of people who also want to do the same thing, then that first person is much more likely to act. We have some success stories for a variety of pledges from the site, and we have also surveyed many of the money-based pledges that have succeeded, and found that payment rates vary from 50% to well over 150%, with three-quarters of people paying being typical.

I have faith in Ron Paul people. Even if half is fraud it will still encourage a race for more money. Ye of little faith:)

Nathan Hale
10-04-2007, 09:16 PM
This is a PR stunt and fund raiser.

PR stunts usually occur in places that get a lot of attention.

If you have noticed, the green checks are people that have already given. Money going now to the campaign.

And this has nothing to do with online "pledges"

I find Ron Paul people are honorable and usually keep their word.

In general, I'd imagine so. But Ron Paul people are dedicated to making Ron Paul look as good as possible. I've known more than a few who would be willing to bump the numbers on a poll or pledge for the good of the cause. I count myself among them, and I'm willing to bet that most people on this thread wouldn't be able to cast a stone at me for it.

Each name is linked to an email.

And as we all know it's next to impossible to get an anonymous email account.

How can you be sure people will bother to carry out the pledge?
We can't; PledgeBank is based on a psychological bet. We believe that if a person possesses a slight desire to do something, and then we help connect them to a bunch of people who also want to do the same thing, then that first person is much more likely to act. We have some success stories for a variety of pledges from the site, and we have also surveyed many of the money-based pledges that have succeeded, and found that payment rates vary from 50% to well over 150%, with three-quarters of people paying being typical.

Yes, people who sign pledges donate money to the Paul campaign. But the pledge itself is immaterial to this. I could sign a pledge that I'm going to work tomorrow, but you know what? I'm probably going to go regardless of whether or not I signed a pledge.

I have faith in Ron Paul people. Even if half is fraud it will still encourage a race for more money. Ye of little faith:)

I'm not saying that pledges are useless. If pledges were all we had (and for a while they were), then they are worth the effort. But they're not all we have. In fact, we have much BETTER ways to get people to contribute to the campaign. We have BETTER ways to spread the word. And we need people willing to do these things. Regardless of how much of it is fraud, it is ALL a waste of time, resulting only in donations that would have come anyway. These pledges don't build consensus or reach new voters, they just berate the base that is already motivated plenty by the official campaign's donation challenge. Right now we need to reach out to marginal voters and voters who currently support other candidates. That means ditching the pledges. If you want to really help, here's a simple tactic: take the Paul message to a message board that supports other candidates. Win them over. That's more worthwhile than pledges.

Man from La Mancha
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Disagree, every thing together works, this take's a minute or less to do and is not soliciting, any money for itself. All money is going to Ron's main site. It's trying to creat a PR stunt and it is not there yet but who knows? If it gets noticed by someone that might have not noticed Ron some where else or gets them to tell friends about it it does not hurt. It might inspire people to give $100 whereas maybe they would only give $50. Who knows? Unless Hale the all seeing omnipotent being knows all.:) But thanks for bumping this.

itsnobody
10-04-2007, 10:28 PM
1,241 people have signed up, 998759 more needed

Nathan Hale
10-06-2007, 08:07 PM
1,241 people have signed up, 998759 more needed

How about we focus instead on the $12 million goal that the campaign has set for us. According to the donations gathered so far, that goal is going to be tough enough, so forget pipe dreams of $100,000,000.

Man from La Mancha
10-06-2007, 08:56 PM
If going for $100 mill means that 12 will be reached. Reach for the stars and you should at least make the moon:)

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
It will come to you

If your heart is in your dream (your dream)
No request is too extreme
As dreamers do

Oh fate is kind
She brings to those to love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
Your dream comes true
Your dream
Comes true:D

itsnobody
10-06-2007, 09:08 PM
We need another boost

Nathan Hale
10-07-2007, 08:03 PM
If going for $100 mill means that 12 will be reached. Reach for the stars and you should at least make the moon:)

$12,000,000 IS the stars. I'm hoping that the campaign's goal of $12M will at least let the campaign net $10M. Perhaps they're just doing a more realistic version of your own "reach for the stars" strategy.

Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
It will come to you

If your heart is in your dream (your dream)
No request is too extreme
As dreamers do

Oh fate is kind
She brings to those to love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
Your dream comes true