PDA

View Full Version : Terror suspect Hasan was Bush Homeland Security Advisor

jmdrake
11-15-2009, 05:50 PM
This deserves it's own thread. Note that while people on the left and the right are considering taking away even more freedoms in the name of security, few people EVER consider holding the government accountable for preventable acts of terrorism!

http://www.veteranstoday.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9315

FT. HOOD TERRORIST ON BUSH PRESTIGIOUS HOMELAND SECURITY TRANSITION TEAM

HASAN TIES TO GOP SUBJECT TO MASSIVE DISINFORMATION CAMPAIGN AND COVERUP

By Gordon Duff STAFF WRITER/Senior Editor

"Lucy, you got some splainin' to do."

The task force at George Washington University designated with establishing transitional procedures in the Global War on Terror included Major Hasan, mass murder and terrorist, and, as we now learn, long time terrorist suspect. Where do we start? Do we wonder why our troops have a psychiatrist who is not only a potential terrorist but known to be extremely mentally unbalanced? Who, in the Bush Administration chose Hasan and helped him pass America's highest security clearances?

Do any of us wonder why President Bush would have a terrorist helping with his transitional policy? This put Hasan, under investigation for ties to Al Qaeda, at the heart of our government's counter-terrorist planning organization with full daily access to nearly all major leaders in Homeland Security, Defense, the FBI, CIA, NSA and other key agencies. He was one of them, along with representatives of conservative "think tanks" that advised the Bush Administration on a daily basis. Was he there because he reminded them of an Islamic version of Dick Cheney? Please, someone, let's hear an explanation for this.

Below is a cutout from the membership roster of those advising the Bush Administration. You will note Hasan's name among some of the best known security experts in America. We were told he was an Army psychiatrist with severe psychological problems who belonged to a mosque run by terrorists.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/story_images2/screenhunter_31_nov._09_16.48_640.jpg

(document source)

Hasan served with these individuals. Why was he here?

Richard V. Allen Former National Security Advisor
Stephen E. Flynn Ira A. Lipman Senior Fellow for Counterterrorism & National Security Studies Council on Foreign Relations
Charles B. Curtis President & Chief Operating Officer Nuclear Threat Initiative
Judge William H.Webster Former Director of Central Intelligence and Former Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
James Lee Witt Former Director Federal Emergency Management Agency
R. James Woolsey, Former Director Central Intelligence Agency
Edwin Meese, III Former U.S. Attorney General
General Edward "Shy" Meyer Former Chief of Staff U.S. Army
General Edward L. Rowny Former Ambassador and Lt. General USA (Ret.)
Judge William S. Sessions Former Director Federal Bureau of Investigation
Bobbie Greene Kilberg Member President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology
E. Floyd Kvamme Former Co-Chair President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology
Senator Connie Mack (R-FL) Former United States Senator, Florida
Secretary John O. Marsh, Jr. (D-VA) Former Secretary of the Army Former U.S. Congressman
and many others
Major Hasan was briefed by these individuals:
Michael Alexander, Majority Staff Director, Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, U.S. Senate
John Cohen, Senior Advisor, Office of the Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment , Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Rosaline Cohen , Chief Counsel, Committee on Homeland Security, U.S. House of Representatives
Beth Grossman, Senior Counsel, Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, U.S. Senate
Alethea Long-Green, Program Area Director, National Academy of Public Administration
Mark Lowenthal, President and CEO of the Intelligence & Security Academy, LLC, Former Assistant Director of Central Intelligence for Analysis and Production
Monica Schoch-Spana, Senior Associate, Center for Biosecurity, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) and Assistant Professor in the School of Medicine Division of Infectious Diseases
Fran Townsend, Former Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism

screenhunter_29_nov._09_16.47_150
The question we ask, is why was a simple low ranking military officer with a disasterous career, horrible security baggage and a Palestinian background placed at the center of the decision making apparatus of the Bush presidency?

The entire text of the procedings report and full membership are listed below. Hasan's name stands out like a rapper at a Klan rally. It doesn't take a genius to believe that Hasan had friends in high places, and that, despite every imaginable reason to see he shouldn't even practice medicine, much less be in the American military or treat troops suffering from combat stress, he was placed among the most influential and powerful Americans.

One could suggest that, since Hasan was in town and had nothing to do for the few months other than to work with thousands of patients returning from Iraq and, in the process, mingle with terrorist sympathizers and prove himself to be dangerously unstable and utterly useless as a physician and psychiatrist, he might as well be included in intelligence planning at the highest levels.

I can see where this could make sense to some, really, I do. After all, if you were choosing the absolute last person on Earth to include in such a group, the last person to expose to that much intelligence planning and the most dangerous individual imaginable to the safety of so many of our leaders, Hasan is a perfect choice.

Why did he choose to kill soldiers at Ft. Hood when so many of the top members of the Bush Administration would have been available to him at any time? If none of this makes any sense to you, I think you are beginning to understand.

Who was Major Hasan? Who was he really?

Steele Hasan GOPSOME AREAS OF SPECULATION ABOUT MAJOR HASAN:

Hasan joined the Army at 18, entered and completed, not only college, but medical school and a residency in psychiatry at Walter Reed Hospital. This is an amazing accomplishment.

His attendance at the above mentioned meetings based on a careful analysis of subject matter and the expertise level of everyone involved made the likelihood of a junior officer specializing in combat stress being invited unlikely. Hasan would have to have been an intelligence asset of some kind.

Were this the case, as it most likely is, and taking into account that at least some of the accusations made against him are other than part of a coverup, Hasan was unstable. Stating this about a psychiatrist is not much of a stretch.

His first targets were coworkers. Were Hasan cross trained in intelligence and tasked with communicating with insurgents prior to deployment, the stress could have been enormous. Hasan seems to have responded to having to pretend to be a terrorist by actually becoming one.

The more we read about his attendance at a 'terrorist Mosque" and connections with Al Qaeda, the more likely our assumptions are the correct ones. It is far more likely that a double agent would become suicidally unbalanced than for a terrorist to, not only be promoted to Major in the US Army, but to be put on a high security intelligence transition team.

There may have been a time when the US Army believed Major Hasan would be of enormous value to them in ways quite unrelated to practicing medicine. The Major Hasan we now know is a terrorist. He may not always have been so.

This evening, the Associated Press states:

"Investigators from the Fort Hood shootings say that Nidal Malik Hasan acted alone and that no evidence supports the theory that Hasan had outside help or orders about the massacre. Though in late 2008 Hasan did communicate with radical imam Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni who now lives overseas and has ties to terrorist groups, the messages "did not advocate violence or threaten violence." Sources say that the communications were consistent with Hasan's research as an Army psychologist on post-traumatic stress disorder. The FBI has launched an investigation into how it handled, or perhaps mishandled, the information it had on Hasan."

In a very few hours, the truth has danced like a marionette, across one side of the stage to another. What can we expect? We will get an endless supply of interim stories until a commission is appointed to interview witnesses and come to a convenient conclusion that will best serve political necessity. The same among us will be sickened by the process.duffster

VeteransToday Senior Editor Gordon Duff is a Marine combat veteran and regular contributor on political and social issues.

pcosmar
11-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Well that doesn't clear up the odor I detected.

jmdrake
11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Well that doesn't clear up the odor I detected.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/2927459880_c17bffb451.jpg

Regardless, whether or not this was a FF there is a definite lack of government accountability.

catdd
11-15-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm damned surprised he wasn't his therapist.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-15-2009, 06:57 PM
9/11 hijackers --> Hasan --> Dept. of Homeland Security

????

ScoutsHonor
11-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Wheels within wheels, within wheels..

:cool::confused::cool:

BlackTerrel
11-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Below is a cutout from the membership roster of those advising the Bush Administration. You will note Hasan's name among some of the best known security experts in America. We were told he was an Army psychiatrist with severe psychological problems who belonged to a mosque run by terrorists.

How many people were on this list? Was Hassan 1 in 10, 1 in 100, or 1 in 1000? What kind of screening process did they do? And how desperate were they to include Muslims in this task force?

jmdrake
11-15-2009, 08:38 PM
How many people were on this list? Was Hassan 1 in 10, 1 in 100, or 1 in 1000? What kind of screening process did they do? And how desperate were they to include Muslims in this task force?

Don't know, don't know, don't know and don't know. You've got the same starting point to research further as do any of the rest of us. What we do know is that during this period the FBI was looking into suspicious activities by Hasan. That nobody would crosscheck his security clearance is unconscionable especially post 9/11.

Regards,

John M. Drake

awake
11-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Why do people focus on the failure of the government vetting process? The point and moral of the story is obvious; if any of the victims were armed, many would still be alive today. And notice that the only person to bring the situation to an end was an armed individual too little and too late.

jmdrake
11-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Why do people focus on the failure of the government vetting process? The point and moral of the story is obvious; if any of the victims were armed, many would still be alive today. And notice that the only person to bring the situation to an end was an armed individual too little and too late.

Why do you feel that there is only one point to focus on? I think there are many. Yes the "victim disarmament zone" point is important, but so is this. The government is seeking more power to spy on even more people (and sadly some are all to happy to grant it that power), yet this same government can't even keep it's own people vetted? (That is if you believe the official story....which I'm starting to doubt). The "point and moral" that is just as important is that government must be accountable for the power it already has before it can come to the people and ask for more.

dannno
11-16-2009, 12:37 PM
9/11 hijackers --> Hasan --> Dept. of Homeland Security

????

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6521758/Fort-Hood-shooting-Texas-army-killer-linked-to-September-11-terrorists.html

bigronaldo
11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
It's my understanding that this has been debunked. The names on that list were merely those who RSVP'd to an event to help transition between Bush and Obama. He was not a member of the "transition task force", he just RSVP'd to attend the meeting.

Here's is the full .pdf. (http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdf)

Here's an article telling the full story. (http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/11/story_debunked_about_fort_hood.html)

LittleLightShining
11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow. Just wow. I'm sending that one out to a select few WOT sympathizers to see how they spin it.

LittleLightShining
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
It's my understanding that this has been debunked. The names on that list were merely those who RSVP'd to an event to help transition between Bush and Obama. He was not a member of the "transition task force", he just RSVP'd to attend the meeting.

Here's is the full .pdf. (http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdf)

Here's an article telling the full story. (http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/11/story_debunked_about_fort_hood.html)

That article doesn't say anything about Bush.

pcosmar
11-16-2009, 04:43 PM

The "debunking" debunks nothing.
It does not change the fact that this guy was KNOWN. Not some unknown sleeper agent.

That IS the point of this thread. He was known to Homeland Stupidity. He was known to Military Intelligence (oxymoron).
He was known, trusted, and promoted to Major.

The article is only an attack on the author, but changes nothing.

bigronaldo
11-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Sorry, maybe I'm just debunking the title of the thread then, "Terror suspect Hasan was Bush Homeland Security Advisor"

As that NPR article explains, he was not an advisor. He was merely a participant at an event. An event put on by The George Washington University's "Homeland Security Policy Institute". It was not a government event, it was hosted by a university. Nor was he ever an "advisor" (to my knowledge).

Am I missing something? And I mean that sincerely. I've reread the OP several times and have looked at the document (http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdf) in which Hasan's name appears. I don't see anywhere where it says he advised Bush on anything.

pcosmar
11-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Sorry, maybe I'm just debunking the title of the thread then, "Terror suspect Hasan was Bush Homeland Security Advisor"

As that NPR article explains, he was not an advisor. He was merely a participant at an event. An event put on by The George Washington University's "Homeland Security Policy Institute". It was not a government event, it was hosted by a university. Nor was he ever an "advisor" (to my knowledge).

Am I missing something? And I mean that sincerely. I've reread the OP several times and have looked at the document (http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdf) in which Hasan's name appears. I don't see anywhere where it says he advised Bush on anything.
A misleading title I agree with.
This whole story is full of misleading spin.
From the beginning when he was dead and the other suspects were released, to the lady cop that really didn't shoot him.

I will be watching the trial with interest to see what other "evidence" shows up.
There are many questions surrounding this.

phill4paul
11-16-2009, 05:25 PM
A misleading title I agree with.
This whole story is full of misleading spin.
From the beginning when he was dead and the other suspects were released, to the lady cop that really didn't shoot him.

The lady cop didn't shoot him?
I've been out of country for a week and didn't take technology w/ me. I got some catchin' up to do. I'm glad there is Liberty Forest for the quick low-down. :)

dannno
11-16-2009, 05:29 PM

As that NPR article explains, he was not an adviser. He was merely a participant at an event. An event put on by The George Washington University's "Homeland Security Policy Institute". It was not a government event, it was hosted by a university. Nor was he ever an "advisor" (to my knowledge).

Are you using the definition of adviser per the document cited or per the English language?

Are you using the definition of "government event" per your own definition or per the reality of the situation?

Do you have training in creating doublespeak in order to confuse and obfuscate or do you simply enjoy referencing it?

When Cilluffo saw a picture of Hasan, he remembered him making a public comment during one of the roundtable meetings.

This is from your own article that you cited.

pcosmar
11-16-2009, 05:34 PM
The lady cop didn't shoot him?
I've been out of country for a week and didn't take technology w/ me. I got some catchin' up to do. I'm glad there is Liberty Forest for the quick low-down. :)

Not according to eye witness statements.
http://mensnewsdaily.com/glennsacks/2009/11/13/ive-been-lynched/
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/us/13hood.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1&adxnnlx=1258131808-tzxTwfBbDB7cQ8FMorcyNA

I would be very interested in the Ballistics Evidence.
FAT CHANCE.
:(

bigronaldo
11-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Are you using the definition of adviser per the document cited or per the English language?

Are you using the definition of "government event" per your own definition or per the reality of the situation?

Do you have training in creating doublespeak in order to confuse and obfuscate or do you simply enjoy referencing it?

This is from your own article that you cited.

I guess it just depends on how the OP meant it. I took it to mean that he was at the White House giving Bush advise on foreign policy. To me, it looks like he just RSVP'd to an event whose goal was to help transition foreign policy to a new administration.

Here's a quote from that document:

On October 15, 2008, The George Washington University Homeland Security Policy Institute (HSPI) launched its Presidential Transition Task Force Roundtable Series titled “Thinking Anew: Security Priorities for the Next Administration.” The panel discussion featured leading experts in the field: P.J. Crowley of the Center for American Progress; Stephen Flynn of the Council on Foreign Relations; and Fran Townsend, former Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism.

Now, if you're suggesting that the government was the one really hosting the event, then that's entirely possible.

CFR, Center for American Progress, and others were leading participants. So anything is possible. I just disagree that he was a "Bush advisor" based on his name appearing in that document as a participant.

jmdrake
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM

Yeah. I'm sure he was invited to the event to serve hummus and falafels. Nobody asked a word of advice the whole time. :D Seriously, you don't have to serve full time to be an advisor.

bigronaldo
11-16-2009, 05:43 PM

And the only training I have in doublespeak is 5 years of marriage. So I consider myself an expert. :D