PDA

View Full Version : That Creep Frank Luntz is on "The NFL Today" on CBS

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-15-2009, 11:53 AM
That Creep Frank Luntz is on "The NFL Today" on CBS

Not that I expect much out of CBS, but I'll stop watching that show straight up if they're going to mix creepy political operatives with their football.

Would most football watchers agree this guy is a slime that doesn't belong there?

Is there a way to nicely reach these people? Maybe Luntz videos for friends that expose lies/slimeball tactics?

Maybe he's lying about the economy somewhere? Other suggestions?

I'd also like to send some things to the anchors on the show. Someone like Dan Marino should be unhappy sitting at the same table as Frank Luntz.

torchbearer
11-15-2009, 11:54 AM
turn off your tv.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-15-2009, 11:59 AM
No.

I know people who would watch that show and start believing this guy has some credibility. Then they see him in the next election cycle and say "Hey - that's the football guy."

Liars like him should be confronted, not ignored.

torchbearer
11-15-2009, 12:05 PM
No.

I know people who would watch that show and start believing this guy has some credibility. Then they see him in the next election cycle and say "Hey - that's the football guy."

Liars like him should be confronted, not ignored.

IF TV ratings are up because you are watching him- that tells the media guys he must be popular, let's have him on some more.
If everyone changes the channel when he is on- that tells the media people he is repulsive and bad for ratings. They can the guy.

Use the noodles god gave you. Don't support bad programming. Turn it off.

Oyate
11-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Frank Luntz. Ha. Let's see if he can change the scores by redefining how people think of "touchdown" and "fieldgoal".

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-15-2009, 12:15 PM
IF TV ratings are up because you are watching him- that tells the media guys he must be popular, let's have him on some more.
If everyone changes the channel when he is on- that tells the media people he is repulsive and bad for ratings. They can the guy.

Use the noodles god gave you. Don't support bad programming. Turn it off.

The same philosophical argument can be made for you turning off your computer.

When I have the choice between confronting liars or ignoring them, I'll confront them. Asking people to ignore them is what got us where we are today.

Making people aware they shouldn't be sharing a stage with him is much more effective than one less viewer. Not to mention, I've already seen it. I can't unsee it, and I'm not asking people to go back in time and add to the ratings. Your comments are not helping whatsoever. If anything, you're having a negative effect and you could instead say nothing. You're offering complacence as the best option. You're right about many things, but not this one.

torchbearer
11-15-2009, 12:34 PM
The same philosophical argument can be made for you turning off your computer.

please make this argument.

i don't visit website I don't like because if i visit them i give them traffic- that gives them higher bargaining power for advertisement.
same principle.

forsmant
11-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Turning off the tv is a fail. Don't read books either then. Hell just close yourself off from any human contact. TV is just one medium of communication. Take care sifting through the BS.

I saw that FU Frank. Dan Marino and h im did not agree on anything at all. Woo Hoo Dan Marino.

Oyate
11-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Hell just close yourself off from any human contact.

People like Luntz make this an attractive option

forsmant
11-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Indeed. ;)

torchbearer
11-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Turning off the tv is a fail. Don't read books either then. Hell just close yourself off from any human contact. TV is just one medium of communication. Take care sifting through the BS.

I saw that FU Frank. Dan Marino and h im did not agree on anything at all. Woo Hoo Dan Marino.

Watching TV is the opposite of human contact.
Don't buy any book written by someone you don't want to benefit from your purchase.
Borrow a copy.

LibertyEagle
11-15-2009, 01:04 PM
The mistake we made with dear 'ol Frank is in not hiring him. He is very good in what he does.

Danke
11-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Don't buy any book written by someone you don't want to benefit from your purchase.
Borrow a copy.

That made me think of Hoffman's Book, and the irony of it being for sale:

http://www.amazon.com/Steal-This-Book-Abbie-Hoffman/dp/156858217X

forsmant
11-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Watching TV is the opposite of human contact.
Borrow a copy.

A communication medium is the opposite of human contact? Sure TV is more one sided than most medium, but it is still just a medium of communication.

moostraks
11-15-2009, 01:19 PM

:D Awesome about Marino...One of my favorites of all time. Wish I could have seen it.

torchbearer
11-15-2009, 01:23 PM
A communication medium is the opposite of human contact? Sure TV is more one sided than most medium, but it is still just a medium of communication.

You should choose wisely what one-way communication you support with your viewership.
Luntz should get zero views. People who put him on shouldn't get high ratings are they will keep puttin the retard on TV so he can be a douche to Ron.

Watching him is like voting to keep him on the air.

forsmant
11-15-2009, 02:16 PM
You should choose wisely what one-way communication you support with your viewership.
Luntz should get zero views. People who put him on shouldn't get high ratings are they will keep puttin the retard on TV so he can be a douche to Ron.

Watching him is like voting to keep him on the air.

Was I supposed to know he was coming on? Perhaps the reason we were all surprised is because he has nothing to do with football or CBS. I wanted to watch pre game analysis of upcoming match ups, not some fat prick with a book. To change the channel was to taxing considering I was barely watching in the first place.

LibertyMage
11-15-2009, 02:29 PM

What you get from books is typically quite different then what you get from TV. There is a reason TV is called the "boob tube". There is a reason TV is the propaganda method of choice.

forsmant
11-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Actually books are far more partisan and filled with propaganda then the typical TV show. It is ridiculous to hate the TV because there are shows that tell you how to think. All forms of communication influence your thinking. It is up to you to sift through the Bull Shit.