PDA

View Full Version : DHS selling US citizenship to Chinese investors for $1 million

devil21
11-14-2009, 04:38 PM
The article is about the Chinese making more investment in the US but the quoted part caught my attention in particular. How is that even legal? :confused:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33929262/ns/world_news-washington_post/

A team of Midwestern businessmen, including the former CIA station chief in Beijing, has recently established, in cooperation with the Department of Homeland Security, a special zone in Wisconsin that would grant U.S. citizenship in exchange for a $1 million investment.

So illegal mexicans get free welfare services and are close to obtaining amnesty. The Chinese just get to buy their citizenship through DHS. But middle class life-long Americans get to pay for the Mexicans and get lower pay from the Chinese that buy up American corporations. What the hell is wrong with this picture?

legion
11-14-2009, 04:52 PM
This is the case in most westernized countries.

The only way you can immigrate is to invest a lot of money, to have some sort of special education (engineer usually), or to have family that has citizenship: to marry or have blood relations that are citizens.

Additionally, the US has a "green card lottery," but surprisingly the nations that we have illegal immigration problems with are excluded.

That's why we have an illegal immigration problem, because there are no legal ways for those people to immigrate. If you don't give someone a legal pathway, no matter how remote the probability, then they will definitely chose the illegal pathway.

devil21
11-14-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't care what "most westernized countries" do. They can do what they want to their own country. Nuke themselves for all I care. I'm talking about the US.

There's plenty of ways for people to emigrate legally. Your "excuse" that there's no legal pathway is bullshit.

Here's the website with downloadable guides and requirements straight from fed.gov:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=96719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=96719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD

What you mean is no one wants to wait the 10 years that their forefathers did before EARNING citizenship. Instead they'll just buy it through payoffs or steal it through "amnesty" legislation.

Oh well, I guess I welcome our new communist Chinese overlords. It's not like we're all that far from that anyway.

Danke
11-14-2009, 06:16 PM
How much does a dual Israeli-US citizenship cost?

lynnf
11-14-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't care what "most westernized countries" do. They can do what they want to their own country. Nuke themselves for all I care. I'm talking about the US.

There's plenty of ways for people to emigrate legally. Your "excuse" that there's no legal pathway is bullshit.

Here's the website with downloadable guides and requirements straight from fed.gov:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=96719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=96719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD

What you mean is no one wants to wait the 10 years that their forefathers did before EARNING citizenship. Instead they'll just buy it through payoffs or steal it through "amnesty" legislation.

Oh well, I guess I welcome our new communist Chinese overlords. It's not like we're all that far from that anyway.

either fight it or be slaves.....

lynn

silverhandorder
11-14-2009, 06:43 PM

What is wrong with paying for citizenship?

devil21
11-14-2009, 06:48 PM
What is wrong with paying for citizenship?

Like illegal immigrants, it's a big middle finger to those wonderful people that fulfill the letter and intent of laws set for becoming a naturalized US citizen. Those that really want it do it the right way and that has to be earned. I think it's just another sign of how corrupt our country has become. Money trumps all.

either fight it or be slaves.....
lynn

Judging by the chilly reception to this thread, I wonder sometimes if it's even worth it. Maybe one day Ill just sell my citizenship to the Chinese and go somewhere else. At least Im benefitting in some manner that way, instead of just being forced to watch the disassembly of everything this country once stood for while people ask why selling citizenship to the highest bidder is a bad thing.

torchbearer
11-14-2009, 06:57 PM
How much does a dual Israeli-US citizenship cost?

See if you can pick up two. I'd like to get into the club.

silverhandorder
11-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Like illegal immigrants, it's a big middle finger to those wonderful people that fulfill the letter and intent of laws set for becoming a naturalized US citizen. Those that really want it do it the right way and that has to be earned. I think it's just another sign of how corrupt our country has become. Money trumps all.

Why shouldn't it be part of the law. How can selling citizenship possibly hurt this country?

cindy25
11-14-2009, 07:06 PM
I wonder when Americans will start buying Canadian, Australian, even Chinese citizenship

tmosley
11-14-2009, 07:10 PM
I'd sell him mine. It's not really worth much anymore. I'd rather unload it before it loses all value.

t0rnado
11-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Why the hell would anyone pay a million dollars for an American citizenship? It's fucking useless.

devil21
11-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Why the hell would anyone pay a million dollars for an American citizenship? It's fucking useless.

It's probably a lot easier to get fat gov't contracts, sweetheart deals, politician payoffs, etc if you're a US citizen. It's certainly not because the Chinese just love America so much...

t0rnado
11-14-2009, 11:27 PM
It's probably a lot easier to get fat gov't contracts, sweetheart deals, politician payoffs, etc if you're a US citizen. It's certainly not because the Chinese just love America so much...

I guess campaign donations from citizens would look better than campaign donations from foreigners.

Bossobass
11-15-2009, 12:16 AM
I have my own theory:

If I got boned in the housing bubble by buying inflated MBS at the peak and saw them plummet, I might consider taking my huge pile of US dollars and invest in a million worth of US assets each for a million of my people who could then move to the US and inhabit the houses I own.

The housing glut would disappear over night and the prices of the houses would skyrocket.

Anyone remember the old mill houses that the company owned and rented to the employees? They could pretend to pay the new renters/workers a decent wage but take 1/2 of it back in rent and living expenses.

And, with a crushed dollar, exporting from the US ain't a dumb idea, especially if the bought-and-paid-for pols in the European Union lowered their ridiculously high 19% VAT + 8% duties on imports (which is nothing more than a very high tariff, IMO).

A quick influx of $1 trillion toward a balanced budget would raise the rating of their US treasuries and send the stock market to the moon as well.

The Chinese have taught a whole generation of their people to speak English while at the same time the best American white collar people have been over there teaching them everything from data management to quality control.

Abandoned steel mills, auto plants, textile mills, furniture factories, shoe factories? Pennies on the dollar. The housing? They already own it. Ocean shipping costs to WalMart, Best Buy, Target? Gone.

'Free' health care, cap and trade 'saving Mother Earth', banking 'reform', government owned auto makers and banks (full of cash they're just waiting to lend), jobs for the unemployed (at lower wages, but jobs) and... imagine... a balanced budget and a balance of trade. Obanana would be re-elected with his hand tied behind his back.

Sorry, just thinking out loud.

Bosso

YumYum
11-15-2009, 12:43 AM
If you get tired of FEMA camp living and want to apply for a cleaning job or a gardener job working for a chinese millionaire that is sent here by Beijing when they take over, it would do you well to watch this video.

YouTube - (Old version) Learn Chinese - Speak Mandarin - "Basic Verbs" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSdlikMDkAg&playnext=1&p=97AF56330FC529E8&index=1&feature=PlayList&playnext_from=PL&ytsession=sedlxcLKKjLxF0YTuZZLY0lsxiud5KRaWSOO0oBb dKUZtQoVPBCE3Jx770xQ41LRNVu9xOU6ucZcUqpGOR9QPHusFp nkD7E0RsjpwcEFjOqdyUIn_wiRMJc1dMV4Icdxixy5judv3ALK Ai_1tETP6NzQ8F5fgk79mJ3BwFE0FJHvEZ_Ng8hIfhwaeFRnb4 mwEv5RtBUHKaRwNS2RdedG98kTQkvnprSS7yUiLxGAz0mB9aGf b7eoynRpXnMQOe7H6LgOPXK7UVLhjejhxQkIeiUqcxLX6E2F87 Jn-68yXWIj09oMWgNoA-hanRrqWtS9PHtjGH1dY-gBHQLnm8g-VAEbgGTX793M)

RM918
11-15-2009, 05:00 AM
If you get tired of FEMA camp living and want to apply for a cleaning job or a gardener job working for a chinese millionaire that is sent here by Beijing when they take over, it would do you well to watch this video.

YouTube - (Old version) Learn Chinese - Speak Mandarin - "Basic Verbs" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSdlikMDkAg&playnext=1&p=97AF56330FC529E8&index=1&feature=PlayList&playnext_from=PL&ytsession=sedlxcLKKjLxF0YTuZZLY0lsxiud5KRaWSOO0oBb dKUZtQoVPBCE3Jx770xQ41LRNVu9xOU6ucZcUqpGOR9QPHusFp nkD7E0RsjpwcEFjOqdyUIn_wiRMJc1dMV4Icdxixy5judv3ALK Ai_1tETP6NzQ8F5fgk79mJ3BwFE0FJHvEZ_Ng8hIfhwaeFRnb4 mwEv5RtBUHKaRwNS2RdedG98kTQkvnprSS7yUiLxGAz0mB9aGf b7eoynRpXnMQOe7H6LgOPXK7UVLhjejhxQkIeiUqcxLX6E2F87 Jn-68yXWIj09oMWgNoA-hanRrqWtS9PHtjGH1dY-gBHQLnm8g-VAEbgGTX793M)

I, for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords.