PDA

View Full Version : NY23: As Democrat's Lead Shrinks, Conservative Regrets Conceding Race for House Seat

bobbyw24
11-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Democrat Bill Owens, who was sworn into Congress last week and immediately voted for a controversial health care legislation, has a lead that has narrowed to 3,026 votes with about 5,800 absentee ballots received so far that have yet to be counted, according to a routine recanvassing of the votes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/13/hoffman-regrets-conceding-owens-new-york-race-house-seat/?test=latestnews

Captain Bryan
11-14-2009, 10:24 PM
What happens if he wins?
Nothing?

orafi
11-14-2009, 10:38 PM
What happens if he wins?
Nothing?

"If the count overturns the election, Owens could be removed from offic"

Dieseler
11-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Speaker Pukolosi had no business swearing the guy (Owens) in yet.

nate895
11-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Speaker Pukolosi had no business swearing the guy (Owens) in yet.

To be fair, the Republicans would usually wait only about a week or less as well, so she wasn't unprecedented in her actions. That doesn't mean I think she was right to do so, but it was a legitimate move in the political game if looking at it from the R's vs. D's paradigm.

Dianne
11-14-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm still hoping and praying.... No way the demo won that seat, even after the endorsment of the republican "cough" candidate... Seems like that is the most current trick atm... demo's hold a republican seat hostage... much like Lindsey Graham in South Carolina. I'm not saying the Republicans are worth a crap... but just fun watching from the sidelines at this new arlan spectical way of politics... well I ran as a republican, held a republican seat, but now that I am losing... I must admit I am a democrat at heart.... maggots.... all of them.

Dieseler
11-14-2009, 11:27 PM
To be fair, the Republicans would usually wait only about a week or less as well, so she wasn't unprecedented in her actions. That doesn't mean I think she was right to do so, but it was a legitimate move in the political game if looking at it from the R's vs. D's paradigm.

I am very new to politics Nate.
Learn something new about the subject every day.
Thanks.

AJ Antimony
11-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Why did that asshole concede with such a close election anyway?

angelatc
11-15-2009, 02:29 AM
Getting 3027 out of 5000 is going to be statistically unlikely anyway.